ForumsThe TavernSpider Issue

43 5616
theawesomnator
theawesomnator
56 posts
Nomad

1 time when i waz takin a shower, a spider landed in my mouth! I just spit it out & i nearly had a heart attack! (though i was much more brave than my mom. u should see her screaming when something like that happens 2 her!)

i was like OMG! and i just quickly got out of the shower. Then it just went down the drain and that was so scary & creepy.

What kind of bug problems did u guys hav?

• 43 Replies
murasaki9
murasaki9
1,388 posts
Blacksmith

Hmmm...??? Bug problems?
I remember when I was around 4 or 5. At our old house we had a sow bug issue. Ugggggggghhhhhh I hated those things!!

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

I am not scared of spiders. Really annoying though when you are taking a shower and you see one cause you have nothing to really kill it with.

I do not really have problems with any bugs.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

I really only ever have problems with spiders when I find them in my bedroom. Nothing like getting home at 11:00pm, walking in to lay down and go to sleep, and to find a spider on the wall right next to your face... That can ruin a whole night of restful sleep.

keeton52
keeton52
928 posts
Nomad

I think Spiders should be completely eradicated. Just my opinion.

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,150 posts
Peasant

Just today I was having some *alone* time with my girlfriend and when we were done we saw this HUGE white and yellow bug right next to us on the blanket (we were outside) it looked like a moth mixed with a cricket or something. it was freaky, and then when we tried to get rid of it, the **** thing POOPED on the blanket!

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

I think Spiders should be completely eradicated. Just my opinion.

Ignorant. This would lead to a global overtake of insects such as flies and mosquitoes. So please say 'thank you dear spider for eating all those nasty bugs'.

I have birdspiders at home. In my bedroom (in terras of course). And we have a lot of smaller spiders from the garden. Doesn't really bother me.

My only real bug problem are flies. I HATE flies. Because you know, when it turns around your head and simply won't go, no matter how often you shoo it away, it gets you real crazy and enraged. Me at least.
Once we were at friends o my parents, and there were cows nearby; it was summer. I spend half of the day hunting flies and probably got over 100, if not almost 200 of them. Still there were more (really felt like Sisyphe...)

Maybe my aversion to flies and the like is a reason for my fascination for spiders?... ^^
djme
djme
125 posts
Shepherd

one me and my brother were cleaning out a closet with a bunch of old clothes in it and my brother pulled a shirt out and there was this gigantic spider on it, that day i found out my brotherscreams like a girl

toemas
toemas
339 posts
Farmer

[/quote]one me and my brother were cleaning out a closet with a bunch of old clothes in it and my brother pulled a shirt out and there was this gigantic spider on it, that day i found out my brotherscreams like a girl[quote]

thats a bunch of BS i did not scream like a girl i said HOLY CRAP!

ellock
ellock
385 posts
Blacksmith

spiders are not really a big deal to me, I pick them up and let them go. It is like ticks and fleas that make me gag... O_o

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

when i was little i had a little baby bed (..... yes i was that small but i cant remember my age) and above it there were sheet like thingies that were meant to keep flies away from me while i sleep. well one morning my mother just took me out of the bed normally and we started the day and then she called me to our room and we realised there was a BLACK WIDDOW on those sheets. maybe thats why i dont like spiders? but i wouldnt say i have a spider problem though....if you can promise me that spider wont touch me or bite me i dont think id have a problem with it

keeton52
keeton52
928 posts
Nomad

So please say 'thank you dear spider for eating all those nasty bugs'

Why would I thank the Black Widow for putting me in the hospital 7 years ago and why would I thank the Brown Recluse for taking half of my left shin away last year? I dont see the good in them, by this point.

True story.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

Why would I thank the Black Widow for putting me in the hospital 7 years ago and why would I thank the Brown Recluse for taking half of my left shin away last year? I dont see the good in them, by this point.

sounds alot like racism after being in contact with just a few XP

but you would see the good in them in a world where flies would be everywhere (and eveywhere includes your food, open wounds and many other places you wouldnt want any bugs in them)
keeton52
keeton52
928 posts
Nomad

In all honesty I'd rather have complete eradication of all insects. Just wipe them all out.

derp3101
derp3101
171 posts
Peasant

i have no spider probelms!

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

True story.

This is regretable. But the most important part of spiders are harmless to humans, usually because they're so small they can't even bite through our skin. I understand now you've quite an aversion to them, but they're still, how to call it.. a necessary evil.

Also, I'm pretty sure more humans have died from falling coconuts than from spider bites.

In all honesty I'd rather have complete eradication of all insects. Just wipe them all out.

Ignorant again. That would pretty much lead to extinction of a huge number of vertebrates. A lot of plants couldn't be polinized so the flora would take a hard hit too. What you're proposing is a mass extinction of a dimension similar to the End-Permian Mass Extinction.

And would you really speak in favour of the eradication of butterflies? C'mon, look at it:
http://arbrealettres.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/papillon21-538.jpg

But I give you one point, and that's the tics and flea and all those small parasitic critters. Itwas already mentioned on the first page by someone, and I can only agree, those are probably the only ones I really have an issue with (not like flies which I 'simply' hate).
Showing 1-15 of 43