ForumsThe TavernSpider Issue

43 5617
theawesomnator
theawesomnator
56 posts
Nomad

1 time when i waz takin a shower, a spider landed in my mouth! I just spit it out & i nearly had a heart attack! (though i was much more brave than my mom. u should see her screaming when something like that happens 2 her!)

i was like OMG! and i just quickly got out of the shower. Then it just went down the drain and that was so scary & creepy.

What kind of bug problems did u guys hav?

• 43 Replies
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

Hey have you ever seen a praying mantis? I heard they're very creepy!

You mean this one?:
http://www.wildwanderer.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/praying-mantis-red-lips.jpg

Why would I be afraid of this? They don't bite or sting, they will at most prick a bit if you're stupid enough to poke them with your finger. They're weird though, I'll grant you that. And the females eat the males after copulation...
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

You're just helping me decide that humanity is just as worthless as spiders.

nope.... well that depends whats worthless and i do believe its a waste of time thinking about something like this. overall this planet would survive wonderfully without us so in a way we are more worthless then spiders. again, thinking about that and being depressed for no reason is just a waste of time though
Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

We used to have wasps/yellow jackets in our house a lot, then came the ants... what could be next o_O ?

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Why would I be afraid of this? They don't bite or sting, they will at most prick a bit if you're stupid enough to poke them with your finger. They're weird though, I'll grant you that. And the females eat the males after copulation...

i heard the females bite the males head off and lay egg inside its body or something... why?
why are people scared? look at the thing! i mean, it looks like the pedophile/rapist of the bug world. especially in that picture. geez..
http://www.wildwanderer.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/praying-mantis-red-lips.jpg
"i can has, ur larva?"

speeking of that, i once was looking out of my telescope from inside threw my window, when a giant praying mantis landed on the window. it looked huge and i thought it was an alien at first, because i saw the stars in the backround. oh stupid ten year old me...
also, one time two bees landed on my friends shirt and uh well "got it on". it was horrific....
keeton52
keeton52
928 posts
Nomad

By calling humanity worthless, you are calling yourself worthless since you are part of humanity.

I know that. Me and you, everyone on AG, The entire world. I hate it all.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

I know that. Me and you, everyone on AG, The entire world. I hate it all.

dont take this too seriously but i never understood why people with such thoughts bother living? im not hinting anything im truly just trying to understand. what IS worthy in your opinion? thinking everything is worthless including life is a pretty simple pointless way of thinking... and is pretty contradicting when people who think that way actually do things like eat, drink, having fun, go to school etc.
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Alright you guys, enough with the arguing... it's really bugging me! =D

In all seriousness though, I hate dragonflies. They're like flying sticks! I never see them coming until it's too late! =P

Not that they can do any harm, but they sure are startling!

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

They're like flying sticks!

ahahaha
thats what she said :P
speeking of that, their was a lot next to my house once (now their is a house) and it was filled with like 3 inch dragon flies. they would also like attack people as you walk by....
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I have brown recluse outside (lots of them) and inside my house. I haven't been bit yet but it's a strong possibility it will happen. >

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

they would also like attack people as you walk by....

......how? they cant sting can they? also germany (At least the place i know) is filled with bees, wasps, other black yellow flying stinging bugs in the summer and its just horibble (espacially for someone like me who has a horibble fear of them). in any trash can in a park/zoo/public place you will find a bee nest. and during the night when theres darkness and you use a lamp with a really bright light there are HUGE wasps that are just well..... HUUUUUGE.
kitty25
kitty25
107 posts
Nomad

we have a lot of spiders where i live, though they don't bother me i just don't like the big ones cause they hide in my roller blades xD that was nasty. but i also hate the gnats, they are sooo bad where i live it's annoying.

Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,356 posts
Farmer

Kitty25, I know how you feel. I am afraid of spiders sooooo much. I couldn't stay there even 5 minutes.

avenger671
avenger671
63 posts
Nomad

For bugs, get an Osage Orange tree. Then put the fruit in your house and the bugs go away.

Showing 31-43 of 43