ForumsWEPRis abortion ok?

867 278066
toemas
toemas
339 posts
Farmer

Is abortion ok? I donât think so. The babies that these people are killing is wrong, some people say that itâs not a person that itâs a bag of cells or a fetus and not really human being I have to disagree

Please debate

• 867 Replies
espadaxin2
espadaxin2
485 posts
Blacksmith

I think abortion is ok if you got ***** or something similar.

Roccess
Roccess
240 posts
Peasant

If this is okay, then you'd be all right with me killing you? Kay, just checkin'.

Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

If this is okay, then you'd be all right with me killing you? Kay, just checkin'.

Kay, thanks for the strawman.

Pro-choice /= pro-murder.

The difference lies in a few things (which I have now said multiple times throughout this thread because no one reads previous posts...)

1) The baby/fetus is not able to live apart from the mother.
2) The baby/fetus is not yet fully developed and is not conscious.
3) The baby/fetus is a part of the mother's body.

It is, for all practical purposes, a tumor. Potentially malignant too btw. Yes, it may develop and grow into a perfectly healthy baby if not aborted but even then it may not. Miscarriages happen. Why should we prioritize the life of something which is not yet conscious, able to live on its own, guaranteed survival and will be a financial, emotional, and social strain on the parent/s?

No one who is pro-choice is pro-murder. Nor do those who believe in choice think that the second you get pregnant and if it wasn't intended you should rush to a clinic. It's an extremely complicated matter that differs from person to person. Who are you to decide what is best for someone else?

Pre-empting the "how would you feel if you were aborted" or "what would you say if your parents were going to abort you?" the answer is : I wouldn't say anything. I couldn't, because I would yet be conscious, aware of anything, nor even able to be aware of anything or able to say anything.

Please don't go into the stupid "it might have been the person who brought world peace" or "an olympic athlete" or "a doctor" etc. It could just as easily been miscarried or killed in a car crash or gotten sick or grown up to be a dropout or murderer or thief or w/e anyone wants to say.
TehBlackHat
TehBlackHat
9 posts
Nomad

No, you made it, it's your responsibility.

On the other hand; this topic was on one of the political debates.
Is inbred or abortion ok. These are touchy subjects.

Inbred- Two family members reproduce, the outcome: A baby with abnormalties, illnesses, and other minor problems.

Tell me what you think.

Rangersoul5
Rangersoul5
186 posts
Nomad

Don't have sexual intercourse and have a man ejaculate into your vagina if you're not ready to take care of a child.

Plain and simple.

If you are, use a condom + birth control. That's like 99.9% guaranteed to NOT get pregnant.
The odds are with you, and if somebody gave me $100,000,000 to bet on a sports team that had a 99.9% chance of winning, I would.

If you don't want to risk that .1% then don't have sex. Simple.

Albeit getting ***** is a completely different scenario.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

Don't have sexual intercourse and have a man ejaculate into your vagina if you're not ready to take care of a child.

"Don't touch the hot cooktop!"

You can be sure that if you tell this to a child, it will touch it. People are going to have sex no matter what, you can choose to close your eyes and punish them for it, or you can make sure they do so responsibly and thus decrease any risks.
ninjanick
ninjanick
180 posts
Shepherd

I believe that abortion is the right and choice of the mother

danielo
danielo
1,774 posts
Peasant

I juat want to see all these &quotro-life" with a baby right now, or a prgenent gir lsaying htey are the father. Im sure it wont be the same reaction they post here.

and for all the "if you dont want a baby dont have sex" - im sure you sex life is not so bright heh? Mostly in our modern time its not a 'we shall start now' thing. It mostly happen when you are drunk. and even if not, mistakes happenes. you forget. she forget. Something get wrong. sometime, out of lust, you dont think.

So now tell me, could you handle a baby today? without any warning? boom "im pregnent, he will born 5 mounths from now"? I guese no.

Xiy_The_Gyrudesu
Xiy_The_Gyrudesu
1 posts
Nomad

There are many alternatives to abortion - Adoption being one of the simplest. As for my reaction to being pregnant tomorrow... Yeah I would freak out, but I wouldn't want to commit 1st degree murder to solve my problems, that's just cowardice.

And if you don't want to have a baby - don't have sex

If you don't want to get drunk - don't drink

Not hard.

And in response to your rhetorical questions, yes I could handle being pregnant today, without any warning.

Please don't answers your own questions like that. It's logically unsound - guessing is reserved for statisticians who picked the wrong sample. :P

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

There are many alternatives to abortion - Adoption being one of the simplest.

and there isn't a shortness of foster homes right?
foster homes do not have to work above their capabilities?

adoption is good but don't see it as the holy grail for abortions. there are many problems that comes whit adoption.

As for my reaction to being pregnant tomorrow... Yeah I would freak out, but I wouldn't want to commit 1st degree murder to solve my problems, that's just cowardice.

if your not pregnant today but tomorrow you are. then how is it 1st degree murder? the 1st 9 week there is nothing alive about the fetus. how is it possibly murder? -.-'

what age are you?
me and my girl don't want a child so we should never have sex?
thats 1 of the most stupid things ive heard in a long time.
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

Please don't answers your own questions like that. It's logically unsound

What's logically unsound is this...

Drinking in moderation does not lead to drunkenness. In much the same way that having protected sex has a very high chance to not get pregnant.

Yeah I would freak out, but I wouldn't want to commit 1st degree murder to solve my problems, that's just cowardice.

How is it first degree murder? You're basically pressing the 'stop' button on something which might grow into a baby. It's just a mass of cells when it is aborted. It is neither conscious nor able to sustain itself.

Adoption being one of the simplest

There's nothing simple about adoption. First, the woman has to go through the whole pregnancy and any social problems that come with it. Then they have to give birth to it. Then the overburdened foster care system has another child to deal with if no direct adoption has been arranged, and it's emotionally hard on many people.
sensanaty
sensanaty
1,094 posts
Nomad

From those statements and your username, I have come to the conclusion that you are, in fact, a child. If not a child, then someone who has never done the above, and is missing out on some awesome stuff about the 21st century.

I drink a pint of vodka with my friends and family. Should I stop doing that just because I don't wanna do stupid stuff? I only get tipsy after a bottle of it anyways.

And I have frequent, protected sex. Should I stop enjoying sex just in case a miracle happens and the condoms fail their purpose?

Yeah I would freak out, but I wouldn't want to commit 1st degree murder to solve my problems, that's just cowardice.

I'd love to see you shout "cowardice" when your condom fails and you accidentally impregnate your girlfriend/wife/sexual partner.

Mothers can die whilst giving birth. There are many cases of deaths at birth. And because of what, a mistake someone made?
The child can be born into hell. Is it not better to help this child who would suffer anyways for a long 70-80 years then just kill it? If I were 30 and I was in a bed, dying, I'd love to just die. It would be easier.

It is not your body anyways. You cannot dictate what a woman will do with her body, same as how she cannot dictate what you will do with your body
Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
769 posts
Jester

It is not your body anyways. You cannot dictate what a woman will do with her body, same as how she cannot dictate what you will do with your body

so the government can not dictate that the church must allow abortions and supply them.

Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

so the government can not dictate that the church must allow abortions and supply them.

Good thing abortions aren't being performed at churches then, or forcing churches to hand out condoms, isn't it?
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

Only if the church is self-funding. When the government subsidizes their institutions, they need to follow the contractual rules.
Showing 196-210 of 867