ForumsThe Tavernlets talk... soccer

273 57730
omarzocco
omarzocco
280 posts
Nomad

well here we should talk about soccer like who is your favorite player ? who is your favorite team ? you can have up to 3 players and 3 teams but if you have 3 that means you dont like 1 better than the others and i might make a chart of wich teams and players are most popular here on AG

• 273 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

*sighs* He got all those trophys thanks to Barca's MIDFIELD. Messi is ALMOST just a average player without his Barca squad. If Ibrahimovic stayed with Barca he would have probably scored more than Messi in the season that just passed.

I've already listed out all of the traits Messi has that makes him the best player. Anyone watching him play in La Liga can see rather clearly the calibre he is.

An average player would be players like Bendtner, Carroll, Arshavin etc. Messi is way above that level. As shown, Messi does quite well in the international level, better than what most people actually think.

If Ibrahimovic stayed with Barca he would have probably scored more than Messi in the season that just passed.

Are we playing futile parlour games now? Fabregas could probably be the EPL top striker if he stayed in the EPL. Is that what we're playing now?
omarzocco
omarzocco
280 posts
Nomad

[i]*sighs* He got all those trophys thanks to Barca's MIDFIELD. Messi is ALMOST just a average player without his Barca squad. If Ibrahimovic stayed with Barca he would have probably scored more than Messi in the season that just passed.

I hope thats how you italic

well ok messi has a great talent now i was watching one of Ibrahamovics games and he was using his mids allot like passing it back having them flick it and he gets it scores or not. Messi gets it from his mids or whoever then dribbles 3 defenders and scores.

slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

As shown, Messi does quite well in the international level

So you're telling me the "best footballer in the world" does quite well in international level? Shouldn't he do more than quite well if he's the best? Zidane destroyed teams in both La Liga and internationally. He carried both France and Real to championships. Messi can't do that right?

then dribbles 3 defenders and scores.

Messi makes it harder for himself with all theses flashy tricks failing about half the time. The more flashy tricks you do doesn't make you better. I can get past almost any defense with simple, smart cuts, i'm not into that flashy stuff.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

So you're telling me the "best footballer in the world" does quite well in international level? Shouldn't he do more than quite well if he's the best? Zidane destroyed teams in both La Liga and internationally. He carried both France and Real to championships. Messi can't do that right?

Never said Messi is the all time best foot baller, but the current best footballer. Of course he can't yet compare to the real greats.

Dribbling past 3 defenders in a tight space is not flashy, but necessary. Nor does he do it with total flare, but surgical precision and simplicity if you watch him play.
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Hey let's have a look at this guy he's pretty skillful yeah you're right he's a knob.

I really am hoping he refines his skills and temper at some point.

And he does perform in the EPL :O

Messi makes it harder for himself with all theses flashy tricks failing about half the time. The more flashy tricks you do doesn't make you better. I can get past almost any defense with simple, smart cuts, i'm not into that flashy stuff.

I wouldn't say Messi is deliberately being overly flashy, he just knows the best way to get past a defender with surgical precision and has practiced these skills nonstop.
omarzocco
omarzocco
280 posts
Nomad

I wouldn't say Messi is deliberately being overly flashy, he just knows the best way to get past a defender with surgical precision and has practiced these skills nonstop.

I bet thats true but still hes has that ability hes the best i saw Ronaldo play yesterday and he was good but he missed some goals and so that makes me thing Messi is the best.

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

Anyone watch the Eurocup matches today?

Spain and Italy draw at 1-1. Torres failed a couple of times, but I still think putting him in was still worth it. Nice pass on Spain's goal also.

Only could watch the Ireland Croatia game to about the 50th minute, in which Croatia was winning 3-1. Own goal fail by Ireland :P

TheScotch
TheScotch
3 posts
Nomad

yeah, it was a little disappointing actually. I was expecting a little more out of both Italy and Spain. But then again, it is a tough matchup.

slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

That game was incredible. Even though i'm a Spain fan I think Italy should have won that one. One question, what the hell was Balotelli thinking when he was dribbling the ball towards Casillas? :P

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

What was up with del Bosque not starting the game with a single recognisable striker?

omarzocco
omarzocco
280 posts
Nomad

well i saw Portugal Vs Germany and Germany won 1-0 well i was kinda hoping for Ronaldo to show off some of his moves and he kinda did but his team missed so many goal opportunities but still they lost.

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

[quote]What was up with del Bosque not starting the game with a single recognisable striker?[quote]

I have no idea why he would do that, of course he obviously has more skill and knowledge on the matter than me.

Anyone know what happened in the matches today? I heard England was up 2-0 against France at one point, but I have no idea about anything else.

Funny soccer experience:

"When is USA going to play in the tournament?"

slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

"When is USA going to play in the tournament?"

It's the Euro Cup. Only European countries play in that tournament.
omarzocco
omarzocco
280 posts
Nomad

It's the Euro Cup. Only European countries play in that tournament.

I was told that by my coach but couldn't the U.S. players just play for a different team ?

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

I was told that by my coach but couldn't the U.S. players just play for a different team ?

No, because your nationality is still American. Unless you change citizenship, but then you'll not be an American citizen anymore.
Showing 61-75 of 273