ForumsThe Tavernlets talk... soccer

273 57727
omarzocco
omarzocco
280 posts
Nomad

well here we should talk about soccer like who is your favorite player ? who is your favorite team ? you can have up to 3 players and 3 teams but if you have 3 that means you dont like 1 better than the others and i might make a chart of wich teams and players are most popular here on AG

• 273 Replies
omarzocco
omarzocco
280 posts
Nomad

Ok Remi Gallard I think I've heard that name before and wow pickpocket that's an interesting video with all the extra celebration lol and I though I would post here to keep stuff going but nichodemus posts the most Ohh wow that rymes and I get what nichodemus is doing I'm gonna do that but I'm on the iPad

slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

So? The Golden Boot isn't awarded to just people who can somehow ''solo'' the whole process. In fact, no there hasn't been a single person who scores through ''solo'' work

What i'm trying to say is that if you can put any good foward is Messi's spot he'll do just as much as Messi does.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

What i'm trying to say is that if you can put any good foward is Messi's spot he'll do just as much as Messi does.

Hell no. Messi's speed and skill is phenomenal, ghosting past defenders like a breeze, navigating silkily through all, before finally slotting home. It takes more than just standing there like a dud, waiting for the ball like Caroll.
soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

Even though I don't necessarily like Messi, you have to admit he has a skill with the ball that barely anyone has nowadays. He sometimes has to get past two, three, even four defenders before placing the ball in the net perfectly.
omarzocco
omarzocco
280 posts
Nomad

Ok about messi well if you put Tevez in his spot would it be the same

I don't think so I'm pretty sure theres a reason for messi to be highest paid player

slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

Hell no. Messi's speed and skill is phenomenal, ghosting past defenders like a breeze, navigating silkily through all, before finally slotting home.

Cristiano does that too, but if he recieved passes like Messi did he would have recieved the golden boot. You're not getting my point here. Messi doesn't do as much damage in Argentina than he does in Barca. Why? Because of his squad.
omarzocco
omarzocco
280 posts
Nomad

Yes slip that is true that it's his team that gets him the ball so he can score but he also gets the ball and ghosts through like 3 or 4 people but they lost to Chsea he missed a PK that shows his lack

True that when he's on Argentina he doesn't do as well and of course the rest if his team is with Spain and they win but if one half of Barca was on Argentina with messi they would crush

slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

if one half of Barca was on Argentina with messi they would crush

Exactly. I hate how people think that Messi is the greatest footballer in the world. Why has Spain won the Euro Cup and the World Cup & might take them both again? Because of their unstoppable midfield.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Exactly. I hate how people think that Messi is the greatest footballer in the world. Why has Spain won the Euro Cup and the World Cup & might take them both again? Because of their unstoppable midfield.

Messi is the world's best footballer. Ronaldo might score a little more than Messi, but Messi is a team player, who assists far more than Ronaldo. Ronaldo has already been lampooned by Real fans for taking shots and missing at ridiculous angles when his team mates are in a better position. It takes far more than just having goal scoring skills to make one a great footballer.

And anyway, Messi has a goal scoring ratio for the national team of 0.33, just a bit less than Ronaldo's 0.36; and to boot, Ronaldo has played more. That's also not counting Messi's dozen goals for the U20 and U-23 teams.

You're not getting my point here. Messi doesn't do as much damage in Argentina than he does in Barca. Why? Because of his squad.

Neither does Ronaldo. Even if you're a great footballer, without a good team, you won't make it far. And don't tell me Real is trash, because they're an equally star-studded team as Barcelona is.

Messi has vast skill, he wastes few chances once through on goal, and rarely snatches at a shot, dinking the ball gently over goalkeepers. His first touch often doubles as the opening stage of a goal-bound surge, like all football greats. He has a magnetic control of the ball of which no current player has, dribbling that is second to none, unlike Ronaldo who can be guilty of slowing down an attack with a orgy of stepovers and flashy tricks. He has sufficient vision and ability to pass deftly to his team mates at just the right moment (unlike Ronaldo, as mentioned earlier). His speed is phenomenal, reaching sprints in just a few strides, confusing and terrifying defenders.

Of course, Ronaldo has far better aerial ability and shot power, but overall, Messi is a better skilled player who can work well within his team. That's why Messi is the best footballer in the world now.

A single player cannot stop the tide. Spain has far more talent than Argentina overall, even though they have Messi.

Similarly, I can ask. If you think Ronaldo is greater than Messi, why couldn't he lead Portugal to victory? Simple. Both Portugal and Argentina might have the top two players in the world, but they don't have the same quantity of talent overall in their squads.
slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

And don't tell me Real is trash, because they're an equally star-studded team as Barcelona is.

Common sense here, if I used a Real player against a Barca player why would I call Real trash?

He has a magnetic control of the ball of which no current player has

I can name a lot of players with a magnetic control of the ball like Messi.

His speed is phenomenal, reaching sprints in just a few strides, confusing and terrifying defenders.

And Ronaldo doesn't scare Barca's defense? Puyol, Dani Alves, etc were almost passing out trying to keep up with Ronaldo.

If you think Ronaldo is greater than Messi, why couldn't he lead Portugal to victory?

I never said Ronlado is better than Messi. I used him as an example because you guys said Messi can get through any defense.
omarzocco
omarzocco
280 posts
Nomad

Ok slip soccer your kinda arguing against me and nichodemus so if you think you can name some players like messi let's hear them nichodemus and I will argue hmm that's the fun of forums

slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

Ok slip soccer your kinda arguing against me and nichodemus so if you think you can name some players like messi let's hear them nichodemus and I will argue hmm that's the fun of forums

Rooney, RvP, Benzema, Ronaldo (the Brazilian) in his prime, Ibrahimovic (I think that's how you spell it), Silvia, Drogba. Any of these players could do just as much if they were in Messi's spot.
omarzocco
omarzocco
280 posts
Nomad

Ok 1 if you think Ronaldo is a Brazilian he's not he's from Portugal for some reason he Watson Brazil

Did you watch Chelsea's finals and semi-finals ?

Well Drogba didn't do anything the semis so Torres came in scored got them to the finals

Finals Drogba and Torres are in. Torres get a free kick someone centers it miss but it got them a corner. Corner to Drogba, Drogba to net.

Final is tied they goth rough overtime wich takes them to PKs. So Drogba gets his, Lampard wow! So Chelsea won in PKs.

What I said there Drogba couldn't do it Torres pry has a better chance ( from my view )

Rooney hhhmmmm I'm not sure he doesn't have the speed change him to... Wapiti forgot his name he's on Argentina forward like messi I can't rememeber well he's quicker and smaller like messi

Silvia or Silva well if it's Silva then let's say NO! He's a mid like... The Italian with long hair center mid ( sorry I can't remember my names tonight )

Ibrahamovic yes he could pry do it but I dont know he has all his Italians for AC Milan but he could maybe do it

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Rooney, RvP, Benzema, Ronaldo (the Brazilian) in his prime, Ibrahimovic (I think that's how you spell it), Silvia, Drogba. Any of these players could do just as much if they were in Messi's spot.

No. None of them actually has surpassed Messi in terms of goals scored/assists. Of course players do have all the traits Messi has. But Messi is a notch above them all in such departments. Nor do they do it as artfully as Messi, since most of those you listed used their physique to muscle around.

Also, look at that trophy cabinet.
slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

Ok 1 if you think Ronaldo is a Brazilian he's not he's from Portugal for some reason he Watson Brazil

I'm talking about Fat Ronlado. The one who use to play for Real back when he was good. He was number 9 back when Cristiano played for Man Utd.

He's a mid like... The Italian with long hair center mid

I'm talking about Silva from Spain, the one who plays for Man City.

Also, look at that trophy cabinet.

*sighs* He got all those trophys thanks to Barca's MIDFIELD. Messi is ALMOST just a average player without his Barca squad. If Ibrahimovic stayed with Barca he would have probably scored more than Messi in the season that just passed.
Showing 46-60 of 273