ForumsThe Tavernlets talk... soccer

273 57729
omarzocco
omarzocco
280 posts
Nomad

well here we should talk about soccer like who is your favorite player ? who is your favorite team ? you can have up to 3 players and 3 teams but if you have 3 that means you dont like 1 better than the others and i might make a chart of wich teams and players are most popular here on AG

• 273 Replies
cooldownman
cooldownman
116 posts
Nomad

obviously America (in the Olympics) but whats up with them not being in it this year!!! X( and other wise it would be sporting KC (Kansas City Wizards) (they changed there name witch is very g@y i like wizards better)

by the way Kansas City is in Missouri where i live.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Lol nice post about Germany but you never know whats gonna happen well I have allot to catch up on and it's allot well about the best goal scorer isn't it messi he had 5 goals in 1 game his team won 7-1 I don't exactly LOVE him but he's like a legend. World cup and Fifa are different world cup is every 4 years Fifa is 1 wait is that right ? Well the world cup I know Ronaldihno won't be in it for Brazil. Who do I think will win ? Spain,Italy or Germany for maybes: Argentina or Brazil.

Yah, but thing is, Messi doesn't recreate his club form on the international stage, as do many players.

obviously America (in the Olympics) but whats up with them not being in it this year!!! X(

Cause they lost to El Salvador. Too weak a team.
soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

well about the best goal scorer isn't it messi he had 5 goals in 1 game his team won 7-1 I don't exactly LOVE him but he's like a legend.

I tolerate Messi but Ronaldo is a better player IMO. Messi also has the advantage of being on the highest-skilled club in the world too IMO.

Yah, but thing is, Messi doesn't recreate his club form on the international stage, as do many players.

Well he's not really on the highest-skilled team on Argentina is he?

Cause they lost to El Salvador. Too weak a team.

Even I had to laugh at them for losing that match. Very embarrassing.

World Cup 2014 winner most likely will be Spain again. Pujol!!!!!!!!
slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

1. Berisha (skip to 0:20)
2. Ashley Young (skip to 0:25)

Haha I love refs like that. But Busquets dives EVERY SINGLE GAME that's why I consider him #1.

it's allot well about the best goal scorer isn't it messi he had 5 goals in 1 game his team won 7-1 I don't exactly LOVE him but he's like a legend

Bro, Messi has a squad. Messi has someone who can give him easy balls to score everygame. I admit he hustle's when he needs too but not much of his goals come from skill but from brilliant passes.

Who do I think will win ? Spain,Italy or Germany for maybes: Argentina or Brazil.

Spain, with a midfield like the one they have right now I won't be suprised if they win it again.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Well he's not really on the highest-skilled team on Argentina is he?

Aguero, Higuain, Zabelata, Tevez, Gonzalez, Zanetti, Cambiasso, etc etc.....surely not a star studded team....

Bro, Messi has a squad. Messi has someone who can give him easy balls to score everygame. I admit he hustle's when he needs too but not much of his goals come from skill but from brilliant passes.

No, Messi does solo goals as well. He just isn't as selfish a team player as Ronaldo, who always tries to score by himself. Messi passes the ball around, that's why many of the Barca goals are not just solo efforts from him. But the little wizard has more of his own magic than most people would assume.
ianhq
ianhq
150 posts
Nomad

Well if were talking about Euro cup in 9 days theeeeeeeeeeeen.......... GO IRELAND!!!!!!!

exitpathuser
exitpathuser
154 posts
Nomad

this is probably unrelated to anything you are talking about but pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaase stay RvP (robin van persie if you don't know) comment if you think he should

omarzocco
omarzocco
280 posts
Nomad

why is RvP so popular ? Nice solo goals video one of the goals it looked like him teamates just new he was gonna score and im glad this forum is so popular here is a video i found that i liked http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SboxET1W-To this guy can kick i hope you can see it ( the link has to work )

slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

No, Messi does solo goals as well.

I like how there was like 3 clips of Messi scoring but passed ball.

He just isn't as selfish a team player as Ronaldo, who always tries to score by himself.

I can agree with you on that one, but what i'm trying to say is that Messi has recieved the golden boot more than once because of his SQUAD.

why is RvP so popular ?

Because he's one of the top scorers in the English Primier.
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

this guy can kick

That would be Remi Gallard. Here is a link to his page. He does some really cool football kicks. He also has some pretty funny videos.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

this is pretty much all i really know about pro soccer.... just thought i would share that.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

why is RvP so popular ? Nice solo goals video one of the goals it looked like him teamates just new he was gonna score and im glad this forum is so popular here is a video i found that i liked http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SboxET1W-To this guy can kick i hope you can see it ( the link has to work )

Almost all goals in footall are scored via passing. Don't be ridiculous. When the video was titled ''Solo Goals'', it meant that most of the work was done by Messi's own skill, i.e his ability to dodge effortlessly past multiple defenders with style.

Top scorer in EPL, almost single handedly saved Arsenal this season.

but what i'm trying to say is that Messi has recieved the golden boot more than once because of his SQUAD.

So? The Golden Boot isn't awarded to just people who can somehow ''solo'' the whole process. In fact, no there hasn't been a single person who scores through ''solo'' work.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Also, Ronaldo's goals aren't wholly ''solo''. Look, people pass at him too!

exitpathuser
exitpathuser
154 posts
Nomad

thank u nichodemus. although i may be slightly biased because im an arsenal fan.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

thank u nichodemus. although i may be slightly biased because im an arsenal fan.

Football is always biased. Gunners!
Showing 31-45 of 273