ForumsWEPREvolutionism or creationism

1486 248011
Freon
Freon
24 posts
Nomad

im just opening this topic so that people can have a NICE, FREINDLY place to talk about their beliefs, i Myself believe in evolutionism

• 1,486 Replies
Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Well I really haven't seen you argue as to why it isn't equal to science? And I don't see how it goes against scientific data.

Like Moe said, if we just add "according to our perception" then it is fine. I'm doing that. I said I'm not against evolution. I'm just argueing that science and logic are equal in some sense. You are not to say evolution is true because it has facts and crationism does not. If you were to teach me of evultion throughly, I'd probably believe it.

SuperzMcShort
SuperzMcShort
325 posts
Nomad

Well I really haven't seen you argue as to why it isn't equal to science? And I don't see how it goes against scientific data.

YEC says that God created the Earth and everything on it in 7 days around 6000 years ago. If you can't see how that flies in the face of almost every single branch of science in our existence then you really need to work on your logic =P

I said I'm not against evolution.

There's no problem with Creationism, but you can't make it have the same stature as science as it's based on faith not fact. Furthermore, Creationism and the theory of evolution aren't necessarily mutually exclusive. This is what lead me to the assumption that this debate was about YEC specifically, which is wrong, and should not be given places in public schools. If you're not debating in favor of YEC then we shouldn't have a conflict, but since you've been so adamant about it, I had thought that you were.

I'm just argueing that science and logic are equal in some sense.

Science is based on logic, if we assume these observations to be true, then we will reach these results. The problem with arguing for anything not based on logic is that unless you make reasonable assumptions you're limited to the realm of your own mind.

If you were to teach me of evultion throughly, I'd probably believe it.

I'd be happy to answer any questions that you have, at least so far as what I know, I'm still studying biology myself, so I can't say I know everything about it =)
dizzyk
dizzyk
423 posts
Nomad

DRACE, I'm tired of debating this same old face. If you believe in Creationism (like you said you do a thousand times now) then you believe in God (Creator) because Creationism is founded on there being a Creator (GOD) therefore yo ucan not believe in one without the other. So either A: you don't believe in a God (as you've said recently) and therefore do not believe in Creationism, or B: You believe in Creationism and therefore a GOD.

It's over. I'm done debating this stupidity of yorus.

Snizz19
Snizz19
377 posts
Nomad

god created us and to think anything else is kinda artarded because they say we evolved but wheres the link between apes and humans there is none that's why it's called the missing link and to think a miracle like the human eye was made by chance is ludicris

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

I beleive god created us and the universe, and took care of us for a time, but jsut as a mother lets go of their children, god did as well to the human race. and just as a mother, would only help us in dire times.

Communist
Communist
522 posts
Nomad

There is simply too much evidence and commmon sence to support the theory that some powerful being simply "created us". Man was once ape, and ape was once rodent.

jonnypants23
jonnypants23
1,353 posts
Farmer

O come on Communist you really belive evolution!There is a God who created us , we did not come out of an APE .I still do not understand why poeple can beilive this foolishness.

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

I beleive god created us and the universe, and took care of us for a time, but jsut as a mother lets go of their children, god did as well to the human race. and just as a mother, would only help us in dire times.

It seems people will just try their best to settle for a God existing to go as far as this...>_>

There is simply too much evidence and commmon sence to support the theory that some powerful being simply "created us". Man was once ape, and ape was once rodent.

Quite contradictory?
jonnypants23
jonnypants23
1,353 posts
Farmer

Drace do you belive in evolution?

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Somewhat.

choazmachine
choazmachine
1,044 posts
Nomad

ok
a)God is not real get over it, i believe this god was made up in times of dire need and fear so people can see a way through to the end
b) we EVOLVED from apes... or dna is of 2% difference is that a coincidence... no its not
So lets go through the stages to clear things up.
1) Single celled organism
2) Small marine multi cell organism
3)Fish-like multi celled organism
4)fish
5)fish with appendage like growths on upper and lower body
6)fish that has left water and has full legs and arms and can walk
8)small lizard
9a)big lizard
9b)lizard like creature with feather like epidermis
9c(lizard like creature with fur like epidermis
10c)rodents
11c)mammals
12c)apes
13c)homo sapiens

jonnypants23
jonnypants23
1,353 posts
Farmer

Choaz you have alot of nerve.God is real ,evalotion!Pah!Humans coming out of apes foolishness,you can talk all you like about apes,and organisms but there is only one truth and that is God made us .

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Err...we did not evolve from Apes, we just share the same common ancestor.

jonnypants23
jonnypants23
1,353 posts
Farmer

Can you refraze that , what do you mean common ancester?

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Both apes and humans evolved from the same species, rather then humans evolving from Apes.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/assets/images/articles/ee/v2/apes-and-humans-tree.jpg

Showing 721-735 of 1486