ForumsWEPREvolutionism or creationism

1486 250628
Freon
Freon
24 posts
Nomad

im just opening this topic so that people can have a NICE, FREINDLY place to talk about their beliefs, i Myself believe in evolutionism

• 1,486 Replies
uberpaladin8
uberpaladin8
4 posts
Nomad

Im sorry but what good does it do us to debate about whether evolution or creation is correct. In my opinion, we should stop carring that much and focus on more productive fields of science.

yielee
yielee
618 posts
Shepherd

As I've pointed out a number of time the experiment that created an RNA molecule using compounds found on Earth under similar early earth conditions.

This sounds totally contrived!
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Haven't been active on this thread mind linking me?

This was done about a year ago. I'm not sure but I think this research might be connected to the recent breakthrough of us developing man made life in a lab even more recently.

http://www.bioedonline.org/news/news.cfm?art=5277

Here's something else on the probabilities of this happening.
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/abioprob/abioprob.html

Im sorry but what good does it do us to debate about whether evolution or creation is correct. In my opinion, we should stop carring that much and focus on more productive fields of science.

the theory of evolution is used quite a bit in development of modern medicines and in genetic research. Both of which can lead to longer healthier lives for everyone.
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

I'm not sure but I think this research might be connected to the recent breakthrough of us developing man made life in a lab even more recently.

Man made DNA code; trust me I've been waiting for Ventor to do it for a while now. =P

On the two links; they make good points (although the first is more about an RNA world before a DNA/protein world) but in the conclusion of the second it says we still do not know the probability.

I was also taking into account the chance of life supporting planets, that life could continue to flourish, that life could evolve to it's present state, etc.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

I was also taking into account the chance of life supporting planets, that life could continue to flourish, that life could evolve to it's present state, etc.

You can still end up with up to millions of life supporting planets just in this galaxy alone.

So why is it so odd for a planet to have life that has liquid water, stable orbit for relatively equal distribution of heat and light, and set in a solar system that blocks most outside catastrophes?
Maverick5762
Maverick5762
240 posts
Peasant

Well the chances that we would be here are apparently good enough for us to be here....

Why do we look at the % chance that we had of being created in the way we are? The materials and atmosphere were a certain way, and the molecules available were able to interact in a way allowed by the atmosphere/environment. Life on earth was molded by the attributes of the planet, it's not really like just a chance of life popping up anywhere....

Maybe someone who thinks they know what I am getting at could explain further, I am pretty tired.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Maybe someone who thinks they know what I am getting at could explain further, I am pretty tired.

I think you explained it pretty well.
Basically even if the odds were against life like ours forming it was still clearly able to beat those odds since life does exist.
choazmachine
choazmachine
1,044 posts
Nomad

Did God create man, or man create God?

james5
james5
16 posts
Nomad

Watch the movie "Expelled", Great movie on this topic!

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Would you mind explaining what the movie is about?

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Well before I respond let me say I'm a Christian but I'm a theistic evolutionist; keep that in mind.

Besides, before Darwin died he said he didn't even believe in his own theory. It was just a thought. Now if the creator of a theory doesn't even believe in it himself, is that very convincing for you to believe in it?

Technically it has never been proven that he disowned his theory of evolution (although he proposed natural selection with decent from a common ancestor not necessarily modern evolutionary theory) and even if he did he didn't have all the facts so therefore it wouldn't have been any more than a hypothesis/thought at the time he died.

Think about Ptolemy: he determined using false mathematics that the Earth was the center of the universe. No one ever challenged this theory until Galileo. Guess what Galileo found? People had been following lies for thousands of years because Ptolemy was never challenged.

You're looking at this backwards; creation would by Ptolemy's theory while evolution would be Galileo's in your scenario.

Something similar has happened with evolution. Once someone challenged Darwin's theory, they found that evolutionism is a lie

They did?

that the fossil record supports the Bible

It does?

The Big Bang was the entire universe; it wasn't a small particle in the universe because it created the universe.
Moe
Moe
1,715 posts
Blacksmith

Once someone challenged Darwin's theory, they found that evolutionism is a lie; that the fossil record supports the Bible; that there was indeed a flood.

Evolutionism is indeed a lie, it is a made up term that was coined by creationists trying to make evolution seem like the same thing as creationism. Evolution however is supported by fossil records, the Bible is not. And while there is evidence of a major flood, it doesn't support or disprove either theory.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

That is a great movie, and it really is perfect for this kind of discussion.

I don't think it was all that great. It did show case a lot of creationists lying there @$$es off as usual though.

A Scientist's Critique of Ben Stein's Expelled
Exposing Ben Stein's "Expelled"

Besides, before Darwin died he said he didn't even believe in his own theory. It was just a thought. Now if the creator of a theory doesn't even believe in it himself, is that very convincing for you to believe in it?

Really doesn't matter what Darwin believed or didn't believe. The evidence speaks for itself.

that the fossil record supports the Bible; that there was indeed a flood.

Interesting how this "flood" placed these fossils in a way that indicates a gradual change in a species from less to more complex lifeforms. It's also odd we don't find things like Precambrian mammals.

It's odd how a single flood could create multiple layers we find on Earth. No matter how big such a flood would be it should leave just one flood.

Shows a simple experiment on how layers are formed. This guy also has a series debunking the global flood.
Event # 4 - Noah's Flood did NOT cause the layers!!

And those of you that believe in the Big Bang theory: where did those gases or atoms (which spontaneously blew up to form an incredibly diverse universe which we haven't even found the boundaries of yet) come from? Nowhere? Where did it actually start?

First of all it was an expansion not an explosion. The term Big Bang was originally meant to be a way of denouncing the theory. As for where the matter/energy came from we aren't really sure. It's possible it's always been there since we are dealing with a concept of no time. there are other theories as well. But just because we don't know something doesn't mean we should just insert God and leave it at that.
Xail
Xail
26 posts
Nomad

Evolution
We know this as a fact
So stop all the talk of Alla or whatever
We Exist by chance and that is all we exist by
people created all of the god crud for one reason to explain it has no use in the world now...

nova2772
nova2772
63 posts
Nomad

people can have a NICE, FRIENDLY place to talk about their beliefs

I'm not totally sure that's possible, but I guess you can try. Personally, I believe in Creation. I think Evolution is a reasonable debate, but I don't agree. If the world continues things probably will change in form, to some degree.
No, I don't want to debate this. I am so sick of this debate that I forgot all my evidence. I just remember I had enough to convince myself.
Showing 916-930 of 1486