ForumsWEPREvolutionism or creationism

1486 250865
Freon
Freon
24 posts
Nomad

im just opening this topic so that people can have a NICE, FREINDLY place to talk about their beliefs, i Myself believe in evolutionism

• 1,486 Replies
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Evolution
We know this as a fact
So stop all the talk of Alla or whatever
We Exist by chance and that is all we exist by
people created all of the god crud for one reason to explain it has no use in the world now...

Dear sir or mam,

Guess who has two thumbs and doesn't care what you think.

Also attempt to enlighten me why you think this way?

I just remember I had enough to convince myself.

=) Remind me of me.
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

*Sigh* No creationist have any argument? Has it really gotten to the point were I will have to find my own arguments? So be it. For the sake of the argument I will get some creationist arguments from good old wiki

Luckily it is written from the perspective of the faithless, as I tried one creationist site and it was so full of biased I left after "argument" two. There are plenty of arguments in there, feel free to respond on either side.

Maverick5762
Maverick5762
240 posts
Peasant

I'm not totally sure that's possible, but I guess you can try. Personally, I believe in Creation. I think Evolution is a reasonable debate, but I don't agree. If the world continues things probably will change in form, to some degree.
No, I don't want to debate this. I am so sick of this debate that I forgot all my evidence. I just remember I had enough to convince myself.

That's probably because there is no evidence for creationism.
Which means it took nothing to convince you in the first place. So it's probably okay that you don't want to debate, you wouldn't add much useful input.
nova2772
nova2772
63 posts
Nomad

That's probably because there is no evidence for creationism. Which means it took nothing to convince you in the first place. So it's probably okay that you don't want to debate, you wouldn't add much useful input.

It must have taken something to coinvince me, as my parents don't hold the same veiw. I am sick and tired of this debate and have gotten to the point where I don't really want to talk about it.
However, if 314d1 is going to come up with creationist 'arguments' for you guys to tear apart, I guess I could. Not that it'll do any good, but I'll try. Later. I am soo not in the mood to discuss this right now. Sorry.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

It must have taken something to coinvince me, as my parents don't hold the same veiw. I am sick and tired of this debate and have gotten to the point where I don't really want to talk about it.
However, if 314d1 is going to come up with creationist 'arguments' for you guys to tear apart, I guess I could. Not that it'll do any good, but I'll try. Later. I am soo not in the mood to discuss this right now. Sorry.

Usually the best way to stay out of a debate is, not post. Don't feel you need to get roped into a discussion you don't want to hold.
yielee
yielee
618 posts
Shepherd

You guys need to respect other people's views. You're mistaken to say creationists are just gullible people. For one thing, it takes a lot to go to a science class and study for top marks in a subject you aren't convinced of or don't even believe in. Christians and other creationists have to go through that and still hold on to their spiritual beliefs. That's not characteristic of gullible people.

But the people believing in evolutionism can't even answer where all the stuff came from in their big bang theory. Their position is that it came from a Magical Land called "No Time". Now that's gullible!

nova2772
nova2772
63 posts
Nomad

Usually the best way to stay out of a debate is, not to post. Don't feel you need to get roped into a discussion you don't want to hold.

Good advice. Of course, if I don't, you'll all claim evolution wins. But seriously, I am way too sick of this debate. I spent years fdiguring out where I stand, and all it did was get me into a bunch of nasty arguments.
It won't do any good to debate with you. You've set your heats in your side as much as I have in mine. Bye, argue with yourselves. I can't think right now.
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

You guys need to respect other people's views. You're mistaken to say creationists are just gullible people. For one thing, it takes a lot to go to a science class and study for top marks in a subject you aren't convinced of or don't even believe in. Christians and other creationists have to go through that and still hold on to their spiritual beliefs. That's not characteristic of gullible people.

Nope. It is a characteristic of naive tricked people.

But the people believing in evolutionism can't even answer where all the stuff came from in their big bang theory. Their position is that it came from a Magical Land called "No Time". Now that's gullible!

Time would have to be created in the big bang, as it is the start of time and space.

And you can't come up with a reason your god would be here that would not also apply to matter.
Moe
Moe
1,715 posts
Blacksmith

How many times have we said that evolutionism doesn't exist? I would also like to add that we at least admit when we don't know what happened.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Nope. It is a characteristic of naive tricked people.

Or people who are being blatantly dishonest with themselves.

As those videos show there are a number of very dishonest creationists. I would think even from a religious perspective this sort of dishonestly should not be tolerated.
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

As those videos show there are a number of very dishonest creationists. I would think even from a religious perspective this sort of dishonestly should not be tolerated.

Oh it shoudln't; it's a way bigger deal than it should be in the church. Perhaps we should get back to serving other and helping the poor.
thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

Just like there are plenty of dishonest atheists. The fact that there are some dishonest people to a side of an argument does not mean the entire argument is invalid.
nova2772
nova2772
63 posts
Nomad

Oh it shouldn't: it's a way bigger deal than it should be in the church. Perhaps we should get back to serving other and helping the poor.

Yep. That's why I'm sick of it. Apparently people decided I'm at risk because my parents believe otherwise. I'ts very annoying when they don't want to talk about anything else. =( I wish there was more emphasis on our actual mission.
Bye. I'm gone now. I really am this time.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Oh it shoudln't; it's a way bigger deal than it should be in the church. Perhaps we should get back to serving other and helping the poor.

Sounds like a good plan to me.

Just like there are plenty of dishonest atheists. The fact that there are some dishonest people to a side of an argument does not mean the entire argument is invalid.

Okay how about we just throw out all the parts stemming from that dishonesty.

Apparently people decided I'm at risk because my parents believe otherwise.

It would seem these people saying this believe that such a position is so weak it can't stand the least bit of scrutiny.
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Sounds like a good plan to me.

Doesn't it though? Stupid American mainstream church.

Okay how about we just throw out all the parts stemming from that dishonesty.

So you want what? We humans love dishonesty.
Showing 931-945 of 1486