The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsWEPREvolutionism or creationism

1486 258258
Freon
Freon
24 posts
Nomad

im just opening this topic so that people can have a NICE, FREINDLY place to talk about their beliefs, i Myself believe in evolutionism

• 1,486 Replies
BigNick60
BigNick60
22 posts
Farmer

smash rocks together and get life. that is all. try it. see if it works for you.

Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

Come on now Nick, you really think that's all that you need to make life. You need proteins for Amino acid chains for a start. Probably some carbon and an electrical charge. Certainly more than 'smashing rocks together'

BigNick60
BigNick60
22 posts
Farmer

just sayin man, i think that creation is more logical. i know what it takes to make life, i just don't think it is possible for friction and some proper protein placement in a freak accident scenario is very possible. Intelligent design just makes more sense to me, right or wrong, im just throwin it out there.

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,437 posts
Farmer

I'm no Mage but I feel the need to show you creationists a dose of reality. You see there is a man out there, his name is Eric Hovind, he runs Creationist Minute. Allow me to present to you a youtube video debunking a young earth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GW1SzBGEAzI

Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

He isn't related to Kent Hovind is he? The whacko with the diploma's that are more milled than wheat?

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,437 posts
Farmer

He is indeed! He's his son! And like Daddy he is a fraud (sadly false science is not legally fraud)

Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

Shall I link you guys to an article on Kent and a debunking of some of his sons lies? for those of you not in the know:

Don't you just LOVE the Hovinds?

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

just sayin man, i think that creation is more logical. i know what it takes to make life, i just don't think it is possible for friction and some proper protein placement in a freak accident scenario is very possible.

Again the initial formation of life is not, again IS NOT evolution. This is a theory known as abiogenesis. Evolution deals with the change of life after what the theory of abiogenesis suggests happened. While there is conjecture on how abiogenesis accrued it doesn't say it was just a freak accident produced from friction.

Allow me to present to you a youtube video debunking a young earth.

Good video.
satsukitty
satsukitty
49 posts
Peasant

How about... a bit of both?

Cinna
Cinna
753 posts
Nomad

Have you guys ever LOOKED at any part of the fossil record. A. Cinna - of course we will, scientists have predicted that we may split into two sub-races in the coming 10 million years. And looking at previous species and sub-species we can say that it's a safe bet. B. Nurv - Prove God then you can say that his omnipotence trumps scientific evidence, Ok? Hmm? do you understand that?

That's really fascinating you know, because some people predict the world will end in 2012. Okay so what scientists &quotredict" will happen in 10 million years doesn't matter.
Moe
Moe
1,714 posts
Blacksmith

That's really fascinating you know, because some people predict the world will end in 2012. Okay so what scientists &quotredict" will happen in 10 million years doesn't matter.

One is based on scientific theory and knowledge, the other is based on a misunderstanding of a calendar.
Nurvana
Nurvana
2,520 posts
Farmer

Have you guys ever LOOKED at any part of the fossil record. A. Cinna - of course we will, scientists have predicted that we may split into two sub-races in the coming 10 million years. And looking at previous species and sub-species we can say that it's a safe bet. B. Nurv - Prove God then you can say that his omnipotence trumps scientific evidence, Ok? Hmm? do you understand that?

I'm saying that's how you can believe that. I'm not proving God's existence, simply stating how someone who already believes in God can perceive a young earth. Didja get all that? hmm?
Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

What does an ancient Mayan calendar have to do with actual scientific predictions?

Cinna
Cinna
753 posts
Nomad

What does an ancient Mayan calendar have to do with actual scientific predictions?

I'm saying it has as much credibility as a mayan calendar, because no one can tell what will happen in ten million years.
Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

Not for definite, no. But we can take an educated guess and come up with a theory.

Showing 1111-1125 of 1486