The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsWEPREvolutionism or creationism

1486 258264
Freon
Freon
24 posts
Nomad

im just opening this topic so that people can have a NICE, FREINDLY place to talk about their beliefs, i Myself believe in evolutionism

• 1,486 Replies
yielee
yielee
618 posts
Shepherd

Show me the evidence that points to a creator creating everything as is instead of things evolving over time without first having a belief in a creator.

So again what evidence do you have for creation?

Provide evidence for creation rather then species evolving. Can you do this?

Do you understand or not?
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,437 posts
Farmer

Do you understand or not?

I understand that there is no god and that a creationist is someone who needs a psych evaluation
yielee
yielee
618 posts
Shepherd

How open-minded, that's good to know that about you, thanks for sharing. Let me correct that.

@MGW, Do you understand ME or not?

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

I'm trying to follow this debate but it isn't working so well, what do you want him to understand?

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,386 posts
Shepherd

This is STILL going on?! Cheese and rice people!

Maverick5762
Maverick5762
240 posts
Peasant

This is STILL going on?! Cheese and rice people!

Glad you added to the conversation!!

and no Yielee, I don't think anyone understands you.

You posted his questions asking "can you provide evidence for creation?", and then you just say "DO YOU UNDERSTAND?"

No man, that doesn't make any sense... what the hell are you talking about?
yielee
yielee
618 posts
Shepherd

@samy, He requested my opinion on being a creationist, but doesn't want me to talk about creation. I think it's important to help understand that the universe wasn't created from random chance, but by intention. He doesn't seem to understand how it connects to a creationist's viewpoint against evolution. But intention carries all the way through. Evolution is dependent on random chance, but my creationist viewpoint is dependent on intention. Adaptation without random chance is not evolution, because the same species doesn't change into new ones over time. Evolution depends on random mutations to develop new species that are unable to reproduce with their parent species.

Has any pro-evolutionist really thought about the problem of probability in the number of random DNA mutations that are required to develop a new lifeform? It just can't happen.

Maverick5762
Maverick5762
240 posts
Peasant

Has any pro-evolutionist really thought about the problem of probability in the number of random DNA mutations that are required to develop a new lifeform? It just can't happen.

Have you ever had a course in evolution? Or are you not that far in school yet? Or could you go google it or something?

I'm pretty sure you are misinformed on some of the ideas of the theory of evolution.
yielee
yielee
618 posts
Shepherd

@Mav- Which ones?

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

A study has found that two butterfly species evolved into third.
Hybrid speciation is the process wherein hybridization between two different closely related species leads to a distinct phenotype. This phenotype in rare cases it's fitter than that parental lineage, so natural selection may favor this individuals. Eventually, if reproductive isolation is achieved, it may lead to a separate species.

Moe
Moe
1,714 posts
Blacksmith

Thats why evolution takes time to create a new species. A few mutations at a time over a long period of time means that the species changes slowly, but it still changes.
yielee
yielee
618 posts
Shepherd

Hybrid speciation is the process wherein hybridization between two different closely related species leads to a distinct phenotype. This phenotype in rare cases it's fitter than that parental lineage, so natural selection may favor this individuals. Eventually, if reproductive isolation is achieved, it may lead to a separate species.

That's really cool, actually! This would be a kind of thing that's not really randomly creating DNA, but mixing two existing forms. It says the phenotype seperates it from its parent species, but did it say whether the third one could biologically reproduce with the others if it had to? I could totally see this fitting in with theistic evolutionists.

[quote]Has any pro-evolutionist really thought about the problem of probability in the number of random DNA mutations that are required to develop a new lifeform? It just can't happen.

Thats why evolution takes time to create a new species. A few mutations at a time over a long period of time means that the species changes slowly, but it still changes.[/quote]

But it doesn't make sense Moe. First off, Mav said I'm probably misinformed about parts of evolution, so this might be one part. But anyway, what I know is that random DNA mutations are rare, and most that happen are lethal. I also know that DNA only has a small part of it that actually makes the body. So the DNA mutation has to happen in just that small part. That's already a really really low probability of success for just that one mutation. I don't really see how you could believe that happens enough even over long periods of time until so much more new DNA is made that a new species which can't even reproduce with its parent species is born.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

But anyway, what I know is that random DNA mutations are rare, and most that happen are lethal.

Most mutations are benign. And as I said when a biological lifeform reproduces that reproduction isn't a perfect copy. Making mutations being as common as reproduction.

Also we have already covered the argument of probability as being moot. We have observed instances of these things happening. We can see evidence that it has happened in the past.
yielee
yielee
618 posts
Shepherd

And as I said when a biological lifeform reproduces that reproduction isn't a perfect copy. Making mutations being as common as reproduction.

You know, I let that go the first time cause I didn't want to embarrass you, and maybe someone never explained these things to you. But, they call it "making babies", not "making mutations". Just so you know, reproduction doesn't involve making DNA mutations, it just involves mixing DNA that's already there.

I'll get to the other stuff later, but I just wanted to let you know that.
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,437 posts
Farmer

Do I have to break out the evolution video of Stupidity Minute again?

Just so you know, reproduction doesn't involve making DNA mutations, it just involves mixing DNA that's already there.

You mix DNA you get different DNA, this would be considered a mutation.
Showing 1156-1170 of 1486