ForumsThe TavernPoll: Would you rather have a sore throat, or throw up?

41 6046
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Would you rather be up at 2:00am trying to swallow some water and Advil to help your throat, or would you rather be up at 2:00am leaning over the toilet?

I have considered this question pretty often lately, and I was wondering how other people felt about it. (Personally, I would much rather have a sore throat then be up at 2:00am leaning over the toilet... Throwing up (or as my Dad likes to say, tossing the cookies) is never that much fun.)

• 41 Replies
robotking98
robotking98
124 posts
Nomad

Honestly, I'd rather throw up, it's quick and I can get it over with, sore throat would annoy the crap out of me.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Throw up. I've spent quite a bit of my life plagued by sore throats, or throat problems, three cases of tonsillitis in the past half year alone, and I'm still not used to it. It causes all the nasal and ear tracts to mess up as well, considering they're all linked. Waking up in a cold room with a dry, sore throat always hurt like sandpaper on sensitive skin. Plus, the cures are not a pleasant experience, since sucking on lozenges 24/7 is also a pain in the butt, having a constant numbed out mouth. Most of them taste utterly horrible, or if they don't, you get sick of the artificial flavour eventually.

Throwing up? Well, if it's one off, I don't mind. Get all the bad stuff out to boot.

MrPhoenomenal
MrPhoenomenal
46 posts
Nomad

I would rather throw up then have a sore throat. Throwing up is much faster to get over with it.

awesomeplayer312
awesomeplayer312
187 posts
Nomad

I'd rather take the Advil and have the sore throat.Well it isn't pleasant throwing up because i always throw up more after that.Even though a sore throat would last a couple of days i think its better then throwing up.

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Sore throat, because I keep enough tea in my cupboards to shame the East India Company. Always drink tea when you have a sore throat.

BritHennerz
BritHennerz
408 posts
Farmer

I would rather throw up, I hate having sore throats and throwing up actually makes me feel better afterwards after it's all building up in there.

slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

Throw up. Having sore throats sucks! At least you can talk right and not be hurt by everything you drink like you do when you have a sore throat.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I have no problem throwing up. I hate the nausea that comes beforehand, and I don't care much for the bitter flavor of bile, but other than that it isn't really all that bad for an illness.

Sore throats, on the other hand, are annoying as hell. They don't go away for usually a few days, and there's nothing you can do about it when you have one. At least vomiting only lasts a few seconds at a time.

dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

I would rather throw up. As long as the process is quick, I hate when I usally have to throw up because I usally get a massive headache first. The headache can sometimes last for hours. Then I get nausea to go with the headache, and eventually I vomit. But that is still better than a sore throat because it's hard to get rid of a sore throat easily. Those things drag out for days. At least I can stop vomiting after the first one. Or at least stop the headaches, the actually vomiting isn't too bad at all.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

At least vomiting only lasts a few seconds at a time.

And most of the time, it doesn't happen more than 10 times in a day!

Now a sore throat doesn't go away AT ALL while you have it... you have to wait for it to run its course, and you never know how long that will take!
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Now a sore throat doesn't go away AT ALL while you have it...

If I had a sore throat at the same frequency as one would normally vomit, I wouldn't mind sore throats at all. They'd only last a few seconds rather than 24 hours a day.

And if I vomited at the same frequency as one would normally have a sore throat, I wouldn't be able to breathe.
BoredMartian
BoredMartian
676 posts
Nomad

It depends. Would I have to have water or chocolate milk?

ellock
ellock
385 posts
Blacksmith

I would rather have a sore throat. I hate throwing up with a passion.

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

I would rather throw up. I hate sore throats. They take a lot longer then throwing up. And usually I feel a lot better once I throw up.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

While having a sore throat I need to use honey and cough drops for a few days, but when I throw up I can wash my mouth and move on.

Showing 1-15 of 41