ForumsThe TavernPoll: Would you rather have a sore throat, or throw up?

41 6045
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Would you rather be up at 2:00am trying to swallow some water and Advil to help your throat, or would you rather be up at 2:00am leaning over the toilet?

I have considered this question pretty often lately, and I was wondering how other people felt about it. (Personally, I would much rather have a sore throat then be up at 2:00am leaning over the toilet... Throwing up (or as my Dad likes to say, tossing the cookies) is never that much fun.)

• 41 Replies
TheLegitGamer
TheLegitGamer
181 posts
Nomad

Definitely throw up. Sore throats feel endless, throw ups last about 10-20 seconds.

Q_File
Q_File
108 posts
Nomad

How sore?
I wouldn't mind having a sore throat if it was just a bit scratchy for a day, but if it were one of those deep stingers that lasted a week, I'd definitely choose throwing up.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

depends. if its really 2 AM like you said and im tired id rather a sore throat and try to sleep the pain away. when you throw up you pretty much HAVE to be in a specific place and you can never know when the next time you have to let it out comes again (at least in my cases).

and throwing up HURTS A LOT to me so the pain is still there. if you can promise me though that i only throw up once and it doesnt hurt i would throw up then having a soar throat

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

At least you can talk right and not be hurt by everything you drink like you do when you have a sore throat.

Pretty often when you have a stomach-bug (more precisely, the flu) just taking a drink of water can make you throw up again. In other words, you can be hurt by everything you drink when you're throwing up.

throw ups last about 10-20 seconds.

...and the upset stomach can last a few days.

How sore?

You know, just an average sore throat. Doesn't hurt so much you can't talk or swallow, but it hurts enough that you don't feel like doing anything.
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

i would rather throw up because throw up is just quick and easy but a sore throat thats a totally different story.

DarthNerd
DarthNerd
1,761 posts
Nomad

Throw up. I've had sore throats. Days and days of pain. Throwing up. Hardly any pain, quick, easy, and a nice relief to my stomache.

victor520
victor520
39 posts
Peasant

I would rather have a sore throat because usually when I throw up I eventually get a sore throat anyways and throwing up is not a pleasant experience. For one, it leaves a very bad smell in your bathroom or clothes. Also it just doesn't feel good. But while a sore throat isn't all that bad, just drink some water and take some Advil.

superbob111
superbob111
465 posts
Nomad

throw up
you can get over it fast
and after you fell better

Armpit
Armpit
784 posts
Nomad

15 years of frequent hangovers and throwing up is second nature.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

But while a sore throat isn't all that bad, just drink some water and take some Advil.

Lol... that literally does NOTHING for me! Even the strongest over-the-counter pain relief medications aren't enough to penetrate the powerful soreness when it finds its way into my throat!

Want to cure my sore throats? Give me morphine! =D
NickodemisBoslatine
NickodemisBoslatine
36 posts
Farmer

I would rather just throw up because the effects are short term

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Lol... that literally does NOTHING for me! Even the strongest over-the-counter pain relief medications aren't enough to penetrate the powerful soreness when it finds its way into my throat!

Pain relievers don't always make the pain go away, but they can usually take the inflammation down to a more bearable level. If you felt no pain at all, how would you know if you were sick in the first place?
cjhall
cjhall
213 posts
Herald

Sore throat, definitely. I threw up four times yesterday, and it was not fun.

cjhall
cjhall
213 posts
Herald

Sore throat, definitely. I threw up four times yesterday, and it was not fun.

cjhall
cjhall
213 posts
Herald

Oops I ninja'd myself

Showing 16-30 of 41