ForumsThe TavernPoll: Would you rather have a sore throat, or throw up?

41 6044
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Would you rather be up at 2:00am trying to swallow some water and Advil to help your throat, or would you rather be up at 2:00am leaning over the toilet?

I have considered this question pretty often lately, and I was wondering how other people felt about it. (Personally, I would much rather have a sore throat then be up at 2:00am leaning over the toilet... Throwing up (or as my Dad likes to say, tossing the cookies) is never that much fun.)

• 41 Replies
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

If you felt no pain at all, how would you know if you were sick in the first place?

I'd certainly know if I threw up! =P

But if it's just a sore throat and there was some medicine that took the throat pain away completely without numbing my sense of pain altogether, hell yes I'd take it!
Q_File
Q_File
108 posts
Nomad

Doesn't hurt so much you can't talk or swallow, but it hurts enough that you don't feel like doing anything.

If I can swallow, I can take it. That kind of sore throat is more bothersome than it is painful.
bigmac258
bigmac258
103 posts
Nomad

I would rather vomit then have a sore throat when i have a sore throat it hurts to drink or talk or swallow vomiting is quicker and less painful

acmed
acmed
3,517 posts
Nomad

Throw up, because my mum gives me Ginger Ale afterwards. I like them Ginger Ales. Though, I get strep a hell of a lot more often...

NickodemisBoslatine
NickodemisBoslatine
36 posts
Farmer

I'd rather throw up it's not as long term as far as feeling horrible

phsyco123
phsyco123
64 posts
Nomad

throw up and get it over with

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Throw up, because my mum gives me Ginger Ale afterwards

My Mom always gives me Seven-Up, or Sprite when I throw up. Something about those home cures make you feel better almost right away....

I'd certainly know if I threw up! =P

If you had no pain, you wouldn't have any warning you were going to throw up.

Want to cure my sore throats? Give me morphine! =D

Sore throats are rarely so severe that you need morphine to kill the pain.

Sore throat, definitely. I threw up four times yesterday, and it was not fun.

Throwing up is never that much fun. Hope you feel better.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Sore throats are rarely so severe that you need morphine to kill the pain.

Have you ever had a sinus infection before? It feels like there's an open wound in your throat.
Sauron23
Sauron23
275 posts
Peasant

I would deffinetly want to throw up more than have a sore throat, because I just find sore throats very annoying and painful.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

It feels like there's an open wound in your throat.

And swallowing feels like acid rain! Eyahh! I would not wish that upon my worst enemies!
DDeath1098
DDeath1098
41 posts
Nomad

i would rather throw up because that is sort of quick, but a sore throat is over a long period of time.also when you cough it really hurts

Showing 31-41 of 41