ForumsThe Tavernfirefox, chrome or internet explorer?

126 20082
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,823 posts
Chamberlain

i know this was a thread awhile ago but it has been awhile and now i know how to post a picture that will express my feelings

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=919de32bb6&view=att&th=137d4042d57d55db&attid=0.1&disp=thd&zw

~manly man

• 126 Replies
Moe
Moe
1,714 posts
Blacksmith

The whole rumor of IE being slow is due to all of people's add-ons and toolbars

No, its not. Its because IE is, and has been, genuinely slow. Here is a comparison from the time of IE 8. And here is IE 9, better, but still the slowest.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Ok, ace. We all see that IE is really the best browser because...
http://www.jokesie.com/funny-jokes/Internet-Explorer-Respect-600x525.jpg

Now more funneh pictures!
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR4cRpHbb9vh93NS-DQGQS6IeKkRds2BjfzYBTkcRUp6u2rLxLj_j2nIfWa

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/3935/84035445.jpg

Greenguylike
Greenguylike
13 posts
Shepherd

Chrome is what I use, it seems like the easiest and fastest way to use the computer. IE is SUPER slow, but I have never tried FF.

gladiator999999
gladiator999999
66 posts
Nomad

|Chrome will run a lot faster than a version of a Chrome with extensions everywhere.

|Chrome is what I use, it seems like the easiest and fastest way to use the computer. IE is SUPER slow, but I have never tried FF.
Enjoy Tech Chome!

AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

No, its not. Its because IE is, and has been, genuinely slow. Here is a comparison from the time of IE 8. And here is IE 9, better, but still the slowest.

Ssshhh! You ruined the plan!

Ok, ace. We all see that IE is really the best browser because...

Okay I do admit I did laugh at that. Hehe, I honestly don't like Chrome that much. FF gives better security and ad blocking options. I guess the only reason I don't like Chrome that much is due to the layout. No not the theme! The layout itself. It's too small...FF and IE the very least at least gives me a fully functional and larger menu bar that can be hidden if I need to.

Chrome doesn't give you an option for that.
IE is also a nightmare for developers. It's hilarious...

I also noticed the FF download manager gives no way for you to just simply run the program. You have to save it and open it. Then delete it. IE gives you the choice for running it which is simpler. (Talking about .exe files.)
Moe
Moe
1,714 posts
Blacksmith

I also noticed the FF download manager gives no way for you to just simply run the program. You have to save it and open it. Then delete it. IE gives you the choice for running it which is simpler. (Talking about .exe files.)

Chrome allows you to run .exe, open folders/files of any kind, as well as having a button to take you to the folder you downloaded the file to.
AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

Chrome allows you to run .exe, open folders/files of any kind, as well as having a button to take you to the folder you downloaded the file to.

Yeah I saw. So does FF, but you would have to open the Download Manager, find the thing you downloaded and then right click it and go to open folder (location) or something like that. It's pretty long thing to do when I want to take a look at the file before I do download.

Also when saving pictures (Save Image As...), the download manager comes up again...which is pretty annoying if you just want to save the picture and get on with your life.
shock457
shock457
708 posts
Shepherd

You guys can't see right.

My IE is fast and it ALWAYS depends on your internet connection and what type of router you HAVE!!!

Moe
Moe
1,714 posts
Blacksmith

My IE is fast and it ALWAYS depends on your internet connection and what type of router you HAVE!!!

No, it doesn't. Unless you have extremely slow internet your browser is too slow to keep up no matter which one it is. The router for the most part is meaningless unless you have several computers on the internet at the same time. Also, as I showed earlier, IE is not fast, it is extremely slow.
Spirytysta
Spirytysta
94 posts
Scribe

Opera is the best browser for me

kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

I don't think it depends on the connection, at least for me. As I said before, I have IE installed on my computer, but I barely use it. No matter what I do, IE is still slower than Firefox, which is the browser I use regularly. Besides, I have used IE on different computers (with different Internet connections and routers) and it's slow.

And I don't have any add-ons or toolbars installed on IE which may justify the slow speed.
shock457
shock457
708 posts
Shepherd

I don't know what's up with you guys, but my CG on this desktop is slower than the IE on my laptop. Seriously, no joke. CG is slow and I JUST INSTALLED IT!!!

AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

Opera is the best browser for me

firefox, chrome or internet explorer?

I don't think it depends on the connection, at least for me. As I said before, I have IE installed on my computer, but I barely use it. No matter what I do, IE is still slower than Firefox, which is the browser I use regularly. Besides, I have used IE on different computers (with different Internet connections and routers) and it's slow.

No it never matters for your router or internet speed. You could open up Google in all three browsers and notice they are all the same speed basically. What makes a browser really good is their features and add-ons and tools. The most important thing I think it is, is that when you first open it up. How long it takes to open up. It's different for each computer, but on a stock computer, then you can see which one is the fastest.

I don't know what's up with you guys, but my CG on this desktop is slower than the IE on my laptop. Seriously, no joke. CG is slow and I JUST INSTALLED IT!!!

By CG...do you mean Google Chrome? It would be GC considering the "G" comes first and the "C."

Also on a further note, I must point out, I have just gotten 6,666 AP which is...a bad accomplishment?
Moe
Moe
1,714 posts
Blacksmith

Whats up with us is we know more about computers. The speed of ALL software is dependent on several things. One being how well the software is written, FF and GC are better written than IE. However that is a relatively small part of the speed of software in general terms. It relies heavily on the hardware in the computer, the operating system in use, and all the other software on the computer. You can't compare the speed of different software by using different computers. The only way you can truly compare the speed of browsers is on a clean computer with a fresh install of the operating system and the browser.

No it never matters for your router or internet speed.

If you still have dial-up it matters.
shock457
shock457
708 posts
Shepherd

*Shock shrugs* I know that FF and CG are faster than IE (obvious), and my laptop is a few months old. Maybe that's why...maybe...

Showing 106-120 of 126