ForumsThe TavernDecreasing forum activity

41 4603
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,826 posts
Nomad

I don't if you have noticed but forum activity have declined very much relative to few months earlier.
Any reasons for that?
Any suggestions?
Cuz I am dead bored

• 41 Replies
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Americans have finals (or maybe camp in some parts of the US) is the only current reason i can think of.

BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

I noticed too, it's annoying actually, waiting for someone to post in a specific forum that you're engaged in. I remember when I joined, in October I think, there was so much more activity. It might have to do with the more active people leaving combined with how small the community button is.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

What about the forum downgrade that caused the forums to stop updating their pages regularly? Could that have something to do with it?

GreatestSoloEver
GreatestSoloEver
1,361 posts
Nomad

I remember back in 08 and 09 this place was CRAWLING 24/7. But every time I check in, it seems dead.

superbob111
superbob111
465 posts
Nomad

hmm haven't really noticed
but i agree with master565

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Any suggestions?

Use Kongregate forums.
Graham
Graham
8,051 posts
Nomad

There has always been a cycle of booms and recessions in forum activity; albeit I haven't been active enough here to tell what it is now.

I prefer more unrestricted forums.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

I wonder which of the mods won the yearly "When will the first thread complaining about forum activity pop up" bet... It seems rather early this year, but it might just be because I am busy myself.

@OP: This happens every summer, because people are busy with exams of various kinds, or because people are on vacation. So, there is nothing to do about this, than take it as it comes and wait for school to start in a few months.
If anything, you can either play some games and try to get highscore, practice making comments so they are awesome and makes a mod want to merit them, wait it out, or alternately, not be on AG but outside, doing whatever.

JoshTheBoss
JoshTheBoss
417 posts
Nomad

when boredom spikes, so will forum activity. In other words: I agree.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

I am always here. I am sad. I sound dull. Speaking like this.

The WERPs are quiet because we lately have lacked theists who want to discuss issues.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I remember back in 08 and 09 this place was CRAWLING 24/7.

Over half of my total posts were made in 2009 alone. I'd say almost 700 were made this year, which clearly shows how much of the activity has been washed away over the years.

Use Kongregate forums.

Why don't I just dunk my head in the toilet?
slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

The reason why the forums are so inactive is because it's always the same members posting stuff. I find myself debating over a topic over and over again with the same people. I also realized that many people just agree with the majority of people and don't think for themselve which makes the forums boring.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Why don't I just dunk my head in the toilet?

They're not that bad. There's one subforum that makes the whole site look bad, but otherwise it's a more active AG.
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

I have noticed (my personal observation) that the forums have slowly been becoming less active since Cormyn retired from AG.

I think that it is the waiting for AG3 to be released, and the constant lack of any new info on when the new site is going to be released. The site activity really started to drop around August-September of last year, when the last estimated release date (Early summer of 2011) passed by. Since then, no other date has been released and users are getting tired of waiting, so they leave the site, to return at a later date (Maybe...). (Again, this is just my personal observation. I have no idea if it is correct or not)

Also, Summer vacation just began, and a lot of people are probably going on vacation right now. That can cause a minor drop in the forum activity.

Showing 1-15 of 41