ForumsNews and FeedbackOld AG gone?

27 6932
Awesomer_Runescape
Awesomer_Runescape
29 posts
Nomad

This has probably been asked before and answered but can someone tell me if the this ald AG will still be avaiable to use when AG3 comes out?

• 27 Replies
theawesomekid2
theawesomekid2
38 posts
Nomad

wait, no AP? really?

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

wait, no AP? really?
there will be AP but it won't exactly be the same, i got a link to a place that might help you right here
GodOfWar35
GodOfWar35
189 posts
Blacksmith

So when is the new skin of AG released ?

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

There is no release date for AGv3, but you can take a look on the beta-version, just click on the "The New Armor Games is comming soon..." on the top

GodOfWar35
GodOfWar35
189 posts
Blacksmith

I know where it is, but I wonder why the old one (maybe AG v.2) isn't replaced with the new one.... (although the v.2 is ok)....
There're 2 things I want to suggest improving :
+ Armorgames forum system and skin.... still lacks so many things such as : forums editing, forums rating, emoticons, videos adding, more fonts styles, fonts colors, spoil tab (in order that there're so many images or videos),...
+ Custom avatars ! I don't love AG's ones much !

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

I just hope you can search up friends in the new AG's.

They improved the search bar so that it will search for users and games.
UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

I know where it is, but I wonder why the old one (maybe AG v.2) isn't replaced with the new one.... (although the v.2 is ok)....

As joel mentioned AGv3 is still in beta, its not a fully performed site with all functions, for now its more a testarea. And you can see how the new one looks like.

There're 2 things I want to suggest improving :
+ Armorgames forum system and skin.... still lacks so many things such as : forums editing, forums rating, emoticons, videos adding, more fonts styles, fonts colors, spoil tab (in order that there're so many images or videos),...

Sure, some things are not implemented/shown yet... but when AGv3 is released there some more features, and some others will be implemented after the release. Colors... you can use different colors for your posts, only a lil html is needed for that (there is a guide in Support and Suggestions), but dont use green or blue, cuz there reserved for the stuff.

+ Custom avatars ! I don't love AG's ones much !

AG answered that a long time ago --> NO custom armatars/avatars...
Why? Well, cuz that will cause a lot of trouble. Thinking about how many (in there minds)...hmmm, lets say "funny" avatars will be uploaded from users...
GodOfWar35
GodOfWar35
189 posts
Blacksmith

Why? Well, cuz that will cause a lot of trouble. Thinking about how many (in there minds)...hmmm, lets say "funny" avatars will be uploaded from users...

The "trouble" is not persuasive at all ... ! Every accounts must have announcements/messages that they are breakin' the rules... how many mistakes (which minus AP point) they got... and they have to fix it or ready to be banned...
This can be easily done by surfing the forums once... But I wonder (again) where the moderators are !
recon543
recon543
244 posts
Nomad

new AG looks dumb i wanna keep this one ive been on it since 2008 for christ sake

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

The "trouble" is not persuasive at all ... ! Every accounts must have announcements/messages that they are breakin' the rules... how many mistakes (which minus AP point) they got... and they have to fix it or ready to be banned...
This can be easily done by surfing the forums once... But I wonder (again) where the moderators are !

Surfing the forum once? You really think that? Well, not all are present in the Forums, so you must monitor the profiles, and there will be thousands over thousands new uploads every day, and each one can cause trouble, not only "funny" pics, there also copyright/licensing issues and these ones causes a lot of trouble (to obviate potential doubts... search the internet, youll found tons of cases where people think they can use a pic with no problems...).
So every new upload must be overviewed... thousands over thousands every day... how many employees you will need for that?
And the mods... well, there not employees of AG, they do that all for no money, they all have a real life and cant be present 24/7.
And admins... well, they employees... and employees want money...
All in all its impracticable.
ShadowArcher
ShadowArcher
1,001 posts
Nomad

Will the forum games be transfered? (I am a Forum game fanatic)
Also atleast revamp the armarters

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Will the forum games be transfered?

When we had an administrator active here he mentioned if it's too difficult to transfer the forums they won't do it; they'll just start anew. That's the last thing we've heard regarding the forums.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Also atleast revamp the armarters

All AG2 armatars except for seasonal armatars will be available in AG3. There will also be new armatars that require achievements in AG3. The new armatars are game-based.
GodOfWar35
GodOfWar35
189 posts
Blacksmith

Surfing the forum once? You really think that? Well, not all are present in the Forums, so you must monitor the profiles, and there will be thousands over thousands new uploads every day, and each one can cause trouble, not only "funny" pics, there also copyright/licensing issues and these ones causes a lot of trouble (to obviate potential doubts... search the internet, youll found tons of cases where people think they can use a pic with no problems...

Surfing the forums once (But I didn't mean only "once" cuz' I can't edit my comment !) and you'll detect many and many troubles ! Yes ! But that's just one of the methods ! I didn't say it's the "only" ! Somebody can tell the mods about the "trouble" that we can see (in condition that they strictly obey the rules) by some ways like "Spamming Flag", etc (I can't think out any more ideads except this "tiny" one cuz' I don't think mine are suitable for AG forums).
Armorgames community is not a big forum (not too big)...I think we need at least 5 mods for each threads.... More mods for more popular thread...
So every new upload must be overviewed... thousands over thousands every day... how many employees you will need for that?

That's why I wonder !
But just skimming for the main ideas of the topics ... Only one moderator may allow 20 topics survive in that thread, or need removing, moving to another thread for exact comments,... in 5-10 minutes (Idk if they have to so sth else),... don't put the word "thousands" on right here ! I don't think this work is so serious like that man !
And hello ?!? Where's the &quotrofessional" ???
And the mods... well, there not employees of AG, they do that all for no money, they all have a real life and cant be present 24/7.
And admins... well, they employees... and employees want money...

I don't care who is paid or not... ! Both can do the job...
All in all its impracticable.

Dafuq did I just read this... =="
I thought the problem can be easily solved... but it's more difficult than "I thought"...
Now I just know to sit and see !
ShadowArcher
ShadowArcher
1,001 posts
Nomad

Well It's kind of awkward having thousands upons thousands of rps trying to remember where the RP was last, not everyone would join again making the RPG stuck.

Showing 1-15 of 27