3 posts
Shepherd

OBAMA!!
Mormons are wierd

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

Haha, yet you silly democrats only blame Bush for ALL of Obama`s problems.

It isn't correct to blame all on Bush, yet he did royally screw up. And I don't see how Romney could help as he most probably would make similar mistakes.

We would be butt f***ed. But hey, maybe the jobs would come back then.

Who cares for a few jobs when your country is going down the gutter?
Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
769 posts
Jester

Mormons are wierd

yeah but i still say Romney
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

I say.
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/283998_278237482294075_1158125383_n.jpg

And perhaps those of you in favor of Romney could reconcile this.
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/259114_506801642664644_1124709764_o.jpg

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Good job being jingoistic America. And so worried when the defense budget far outstrips China.

Good job also makin bipartisanship sound like witchcraft.

Also, anyone who thinks tax cuts alone will solve the system has got to relearn arithmetic. And last in this series of simple sentences, Obama already has reduced taxes for the vast majority of people.

Sonatavarius
Sonatavarius
1,322 posts
Farmer

random slight deviation

[quote]We would be butt f***ed. But hey, maybe the jobs would come back then.
[/quote]
Who cares for a few jobs when your country is going down the gutter?

Don't war time economies usually bring a country's economic status out of the gutter? ...or at least historically speaking isn't that what has brought the US out of the gutter several times before?

@_@ war is the answer to all of the world's problems! which of the possible presidents are most likely to start a war?

that was a joke
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Here's a stupid scenario:
China demands the US to pay everything back now or they start a war. Meanwhile they ally with Russia, North Korea, Japan, Germany and Iran.
Then China expel the business ******** who moved their factories there, confiscate all their material and use all their technologies that they've already copied. Then they disable the Canadians and Americans infrastructures. And BTW, Romney is the new president.
:O

The question is What do we do now?

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

The question is What do we do now?

Well...I need to put on a true American mindset here...

Guess it is time we test out how well our nukes are

(this is not my true belief...in case anyone would hope to make a debate with me on it or something of that effect)
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

Don't war time economies usually bring a country's economic status out of the gutter? ...or at least historically speaking isn't that what has brought the US out of the gutter several times before?

Historically maybe.. but hasn't the latest wars definitely harmed the US economy? And I also thought they don't have the economic capacity to start another full-on war. Well maybe the US could turn it to their advantage if they were able to mobilize the population again as they did in the world wars, though with the current comfort-habituated society I don't see that happening.

Though don't they say that a successful war will get you reelected? XD
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

China demands the US to pay everything back now or they start a war. Meanwhile they ally with Russia, North Korea, Japan, Germany and Iran.
Then China expel the business ******** who moved their factories there, confiscate all their material and use all their technologies that they've already copied. Then they disable the Canadians and Americans infrastructures. And BTW, Romney is the new president.
:O

Japan has an alliance treaty with America. Germany is part of NATO. Iran is dealing with a massive economic problem and sanctions. North Korea is starving and will be reined in by China.

China requires foreign investment and capital and expertise. Rubbish the nonsensical notion that China can run it's plants without foreign aid. Large numbers of it's SOEs and companies are foreign owned or managed. If China demands all it's money back now, it would be a) Silly, since bonds have return dates and b) economic suicide since America has no money now. Terminating such a symbiotic relationship now will plunge China's economy which is still largely export driven into a quagmire.

Yes, I would say it's a pretty **** stupid an impossible scenario. Seriously America? You guys need China, yet paint it in such a fashion? Let me show this to my Chinese friends. We all need a laugh anyway.
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

I'm not going to pretend i'm a knowledge wizard in terms of American politics or the presidential campaign, however i did have an interesting conversation with my American aunt the other night.

She asked if I was an American citizen who would i vote for. My answer was Obama and when challenged the only response i could come up with is because he's likeable and Romneys an idiot. She said she supporting Romney for various reasons. We then watched the news here in Ireland together and she said "Even this is making me want to change my vote". You see apparently our news is showing Obama in the perfect light and making a fool out of Romney.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

You see apparently our news is showing Obama in the perfect light and making a fool out of Romney.

Maybe because they tend to be that way? I just heard today that unemployment in America is at it's lowest point since Obama got elected. Still republicans think that Obama is killing jobs and only Romney can help. Romney on the other side is as malleable as needed to get votes and hasn't really presented any plans on how to actually solve the things he is criticising Obama for.

Though there's also surely a certain bias towards Obama in Europe, not only the European citizens would vote Obama but the governments, I'm pretty sure, would be more favorable to Obama, to their own advantage. So, yes, let's keep alert, but I still think that Obama is rightfully depicted as the better candidate.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Though there's also surely a certain bias towards Obama in Europe, not only the European citizens would vote Obama but the governments, I'm pretty sure, would be more favorable to Obama, to their own advantage. So, yes, let's keep alert, but I still think that Obama is rightfully depicted as the better candidate.

Most of the world is pro Obama to be honest. Except Israel maybe. The approval rate of the USA shot up after Obama got elected.
Sonatavarius
Sonatavarius
1,322 posts
Farmer

I wouldn't call what we've been doing an actual war. We're fighting guerilla's and people hiding in caves. It requires nothing from the general population. My idea of a war has two or more countries/regions of the world trying to kill each other... Or something significant enough that it actually requires your common everyday John and Jane Doe to do something above and beyond their comfort zone. Sure... Some people put together care packages and stuff but that's hardly more a commitment than a hobby is. When there is the fear that the whole creature stands to fail all of its parts will be focused on working together and surviving. Aside from knowing people that have been shipped out to the Middle East and seeing it on tv you'd never know our country was "at war"

Obamacare is a pretty thought, but I still don't know how this is going to affect the actual physicians and quality of healthcare they're able to provide.

I've been told that its actually gotten more difficult for small businesses to stay alive around here bc of stuff Obama has passed but that may've been a lie. (Came from small business owners I know)

Something I thought was interesting.... My gay American (flamboyantly so) friends on Facebook were cheering on Romney and hating on Obama during the debate. Isn't Obama the most likely to do anything for that specific group of people?

Showing 166-180 of 213