ForumsForum Games(The Most Realistic) Zombie Survival RPG

167 25030
Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

You may be thinking, I've already seen so many Zombie RPG's... how could this one be any different? Well, if you've played my RPG's before, I've provided my players with more detail than the average hoster. This time, there will be even more detail. I'm basing this game off of an actual map from a game called Arma2-Operation Arrowhead. There is a mod for this game, called DayZ. I'm basing this zombie RPG off of the map, Chernarus.

Please read EVERYTHING. All of this is important for your survival!

Lets get down to the core elements of this RPG...

Hunting and Survival - Eating and drinking is a core part of gameplay, you can tell if you need something by subtle sounds, like a growling stomach, and if you don't fulfil those needs. You'll die. Wandering animals can killed and gutted (with the right tools) to gain access to their meat which can be eaten so you live longer but also to gain blood. For once these animals actually have a use.

Vehicles and Weapons - Yes, you can find vehicles in the zombie apocalypse. The only problem is... mostly all of them are destroyed! You can find the right amount of tools to repair the vehicles that you want to drive around. Oh, you also need Jerry Cans to refill your fuel. As for the weapons, you need to use your ammo very wisely. Headshots will always do the job right, no need to waste ammo shooting at the torso... unless your aim is really bad. Almost all weapons are extremely loud, especially the Lee Enfield. Certain types of weapons have different sound ranges. Pistols for example have less sound pollution than a rifle or an assault rifle. The crossbow however, is the most silent weapon in the game (apart from the melee weapons).

Being Chased - Sadly, everyone gets tired. If you run for a long time, you will need to rest, but it takes a while to get tired just from running. Being chased by zombies, however, will make you fatigued if you run, and also scared. Your character will breathe harder, be frightened, and most likely pass out for extended periods of time if you get chased for too long.

Safety and Tips - If you are in trouble by being chased by zombies, RUN INTO A BUILDING. Zombies are forced to walk inside buildings. Yes, they can run faster than you when your outside, but in buildings, they are easy pickings... unless you have no ammo. In that case, your trapped and doomed. A few tips are to conserve ammo, don't go near large cities (because zombies aren't the only threat), and be resourceful.

Blood Levels - The blood level is the most important factor in the game, obviously. In the character sheet, your HP will be labeled "Blood". Here are the affects of the blood levels as they decline (after being hit by zombies, being shot, ect)
12000 - Max Blood
< 9000 - Sussceptible to "one hit Knock out" from zombies
< 8000 - Colour and sound begin to fade (You become slightly paranoid and dizzy)
< 5000 - May fall Unconscious
< 4000 - Black and white vision, dizziness, loss of much hearing capability
< 3000 - Shakiness, blurry vision (can't find/identify things easily), and consistent fainting
0 - Player Dead

How to Regain Blood - Eating canned foods will restore 200 points of Blood. Eating cooked meat from animals that you hunted restores 800 points of blood. Also, you can get a Blood Transfusion, but this requires another person. Blood Transfusions heal your character fully, even if your character only has 100 Blood left (which is terribly close to death).

Status Effects - Bleeding can occur when:
-Being hit by Zombies
-Getting shot
-Getting hit by an explosive
-Falling
Shock is the status effect a player will receive after being shot at by another player or damaging themselves somehow (mainly by falling). Shock wears off after a few posts, this effect can not be mended by medication.
Pain is caused when the player takes damage, it has a chance to proc on any type of damage including, falling, Zombie hits or gun shot wounds. Pain can be relieved by taking Painkillers.
Causes of Broken Bones:
-Falling
-Being shot in the leg
-zombies on rare occasions.
If you have broken legs, your character will only be able to crawl. To restore your broken bones, use Morphine.
Causes of being Unconscious:
-A very large amount of non lethal damage, for example, being hit by a rifle shot
-Dropping below 3000 blood will cause the player to drift in and out of consciousness.
-Being hit by a zombie with less than 9000 blood
Using an Epi-Pen will restore any one from unconsciousness *can only be applied by another survivor)
Causes of Infection:
-Random chance when Temperature drops below 36C (Celsius)
-Spending time near players who are already sick
You can cure infection by using Antibiotics. You will know if your character is sick if he coughs and splutters.
Treatments for being Cold:
Colds are caused from being below 33 degrees Celsius.
-A Fireplace must be made using Wood Pile and a Matchbox
-Heat Pack Must be used.
-Shelter must be found inside Buildings or Vehicles

In this game, you can collect things such as a Map, a Compass, a Watch, etc. Day and Night time within the game will last for a long time. I'm thinking day time will last for 20-30 of your posts, and night will last 15-20 posts.

Day and Night - In the day time, you are much more visible to zombies. At night, the zombies find it harder to see you, but they can still hear you very well. Weather affects how well you can be seen or heard, however. The rain makes it harder to hear, and see you. But it makes the zombies and other players/survivors harder to see you as well.

Humanity - Healing other players and surviving along with other players will increase your humanity, which makes you like-able, and other survivors will know not to shoot you. If you kill survivors for their belongings, or just for fun, you will become a bandit, and you will change into the bandit costume/uniform automatically. Survivors and other Bandits will identify you as a bandit. Survivors will always shoot on sight if they see you as a bandit, but other bandits might shoot on sight. Sometimes, other bandits want to welcome a new member to the banditry raids.

Survivors and Bandits - You can tell who is a survivor and a bandit. Survivors will be wearing normal clothes, like a white or black long sleeve t-shirt, and bandits will be wearing an army uniform, but with a towel wrapping around their entire face.

Survivor:
https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSeYksEqezN2xKqmZtM7flGvnUHW6_ODy9ioBkbDqekCYLislSk

Bandits:
https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRdyd1PC7XicX9EadkfQwBErpCSxSVv40ZXYUv0SE_-3ixEf3FhBA

I think that is enough about the game... on to the character sheet.. FINALLY!

Name: (First name, no last name required.)
Blood: 12000
Temperature: 36C
---------
Zombies Killed: 0
Murders: 0
Bandits Killed: 0
---------
Inventory: Nothing (You can hold 12 items, some items take more space, like firewood/a woodpile)

You can find things over time, like a Pack to carry things in, a tool belt, etc.

I hope everyone enjoys. Everyone spawns on the coast, but in different locations, by the way. I will tell you what city you start near.

Tips for Beginners:
1. Trust no-one!
2. Savenge
3. Slay Zombies/Bandits
4. Hunt
5. Survive

• 167 Replies
draick
draick
1,461 posts
Farmer

Name: Michael
Temperature: 36°C
Day: 1
---------
Humanity: 0 - Neutral
Thirst: 96%
Hunger: 76%
Status Effects: None
---------
Headshots: 0
Overall Rank: Lone Survivor
---------
Inventory(6/12): Painkillers;Whiskey Bottle; 2 Tin cans;½Soda Can(Coke);DMR mag;
Primary: Hunting Knife
Secondary: Flashlight(100%)
---------
Michael's Story:

I try to kill the zombie by reaching over the barbed wire. If I succeed I try to pull the zombies corpse over the barbed wire while trying not to destroy the barbed wire. If I can't then I close the door and try to lure it in through the blue double doors. If I succeed I try to kill it.

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

Blood: 10,245
---------
Thirst: 90%
Hunger: 73%
Status Effects: In Shock, In Pain
---------
Overall Rank: Friendly, Yet Dull
---------
Inventory(6/12): Painkillers;Whiskey Bottle; 2 Tin cans;½Soda Can(Coke);DMR mag;
---------
Michael's Story:

I try to kill the zombie by reaching over the barbed wire. If I succeed I try to pull the zombies corpse over the barbed wire while trying not to destroy the barbed wire. If I can't then I close the door and try to lure it in through the blue double doors. If I succeed I try to kill it.
You can't get the zombie over the barbed wire, because it would be fatal to both parties. You then go to one of the large blue double doors, and while you unlock it, the man climbs up the ladder to the roof. You open the large blue double doors, but you didn't expect what happens next. The other zombies that were chasing the man before come running in after the one you tried luring in through the barbed wire. Four zombies begin to attack you, and you get punished by a barrage of attacks. What will you do?
Zyba
Zyba
1,126 posts
Peasant

@Vesking Please look at the previous page.

crazyape
crazyape
1,606 posts
Peasant

Name: Cythraul
Blood: 10,195
---------
Thirst: 68%
Hunger: 81%
Status Effects:
---------
Zombies Killed: 1
Overall Rank: Fresh Meat
---------
Inventory(11/12): Painkillers
Primary: Nothing
---------
Cythraul's Story:

I close the hatch to the roof, and try to secure it. Then I look for a way from getting from this roof to another roof safely.

draick
draick
1,461 posts
Farmer

---------
Thirst: 90%
Hunger: 73%
Status Effects: In Shock, In Pain
---------
Overall Rank: Friendly, Yet Dull
---------
---------
Michael's Story:

I take my painkillers and try to lure the zombies away from the blue double doors. If I succeed I run towards the blue double doors and close it. Afterwards I try to separate the zombies and try to slit the throat of the least dangerous one then go after the next least dangerous zombie. If I can't separate them I throw my whiskey bottle at the nearest one and shout at the man for help.

kastor246
kastor246
213 posts
Nomad

i would like to play but is there a updated sheet i need to use? because it seems some of the stuff on this page is diffrent from the first page. So please let me know

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

@evilsweetblock & kastor246, I'm not accepting anymore players. After the current players all die, I'm going to make a new game. Maybe you can play that one if you beat the others to the first positions. It will not be a zombie game though, it will be a strategic history game. The only ways to win would be to dominate the other countries, to win diplomatically, or to win scientifically.
============================
Name: Sanger Rainsford
---------
Thirst: 100%
Hunger: 89%
---------
---------
Inventory(9/12): Painkillers;2 Pepsi's
---------
Sanger's Story:

Sorry for missing you.

After advancing to the next house, you hear two gunshots in the distance. It sounded like it came from your left. There is a forest there, maybe someone is hunting? By checking the next house, you found a pool table inside, three Cue Sticks lined up against a wall, a TV mounted on a wall behind it, and a couch in the living room. In the bathroom, you find a ton of medication that deal with sinus problems and headaches in a cabinet above the sink. You also find toothpaste, and a toothbrush lying beside the sink, along with tons of hair accessories. You advance more, and enter a bedroom with a bed made for one person. In the dresser, you find clothes ranging from t-shirts to dresses. The wallpaper in here has yellow flowers, and the beds head-board is pink, along with the rest of the wood that supports the mattress. On top of the dresser, you spot an alarm clock, and a bunch of make-up items. You notice that the wall has a few flaws, such as scratches and small dents. You exit, and walk through the hallway, pass the bathroom, and enter the kitchen. You find plenty of kitchen items. Knives, cooking accessories, and plenty of counter-top decorations. This house seems to have almost everything... you'd think that someone would have been by to steal most of this stuff by now... what do you want to do?
===============================
---------
Thirst: 62%
Status Effects:
---------
---------
---------
Cythraul's Story:

I close the hatch to the roof, and try to secure it. Then I look for a way from getting from this roof to another roof safely.
You secure the hatch, so no one else can climb up. As you search for anywhere to parkour to, you realize that there are no other buildings around you. This warehouse is pretty secluded. You see no other buildings around it for miles, but you do still see the camp with the four deer stands in each corner. You count at least eight military tents set up in the middle of the camp, but you also see movement. The figures aren't moving like humans, so you figure that they are zombies. You're not too far away, but having binoculars would help.

After investigating the rooftop for other nearby buildings, you can hear a very faint sound of glass shattering against concrete. Then, you hear a faint yell, but you could hear the word clearly, and it sounds like it is coming from inside the warehouse. "Help!" Michael yells as his voice echoes off of the walls within. What will you do?
===================================
Temperature: 37°C
---------
Thirst: 84%
Hunger: 69%
Status Effects: In Shock
---------
Zombies Killed: 2
Overall Rank: Friendly & Deadly
---------
Inventory(7/12):Whiskey Bottle; 2 Tin cans;½Soda Can(Coke);DMR mag;
---------
Michael's Story:

I take my painkillers and try to lure the zombies away from the blue double doors. If I succeed I run towards the blue double doors and close it. Afterwards I try to separate the zombies and try to slit the throat of the least dangerous one then go after the next least dangerous zombie. If I can't separate them I throw my whiskey bottle at the nearest one and shout at the man for help.
You run outside of the giant blue doors, and then run back to them after the zombies chase after you. Then, you step foot back in the warehouse, and you pull the blue doors shut. You then walk towards the white door, and open it and try to separate the zombies. The fastest reaches you first, and you stick the knife in between the zombies eyes, killing it. Then, two other zombies sprint towards you while the third keeps a solid walking pace. The zombies stick together whenever you try to split them apart, so you throw the whiskey bottle against a wall, and it makes a loud, ear shattering sound. The zombies look at it in confusion. You then take the opportunity of their confusion to kill a second zombie. You take a few steps back, and the zombies get aggravated and begin to stumble towards you again. You look at the hatch that the man crawled up before, and it is closed. What will you do?
crazyape
crazyape
1,606 posts
Peasant

---------
Thirst: 62%
Status Effects:
---------
---------
---------
Cythraul's Story:

Look around for a ladder, and weapons on the roof. And possibly an air vent. And possssssibly anything else on the roof.

draick
draick
1,461 posts
Farmer

---------
Status Effects: In Shock
---------
---------
---------
Michael's Story:

I wait for them to get closer. Afterwards when they are near enough I attack the nearest one then push it's body at the other zombie. If I succeed I attack the other zombie. If I am able to kill the zombies I check if it's safe and loot the dead zombies.

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

---------
Thirst: 56%
Hunger: 72%
Status Effects:
---------
---------
---------
Cythraul's Story:

Look around for a ladder, and weapons on the roof. And possibly an air vent. And possssssibly anything else on the roof.
You look around the building for weapons and a ladder. Eventually, you find a ladder on the side of the building that is facing away from the coast, and facing towards the military camp. However, you didn't find any weapons or any other items on this roof.

After searching, you hear commotion coming from inside the warehouse. You also hear the man yell as if he is in tremendous pain.
============================================
Blood: 9,155
---------
Status Effects: In Shock, Bleeding, In Pain
---------
---------
---------
Michael's Story:

I wait for them to get closer. Afterwards when they are near enough I attack the nearest one then push it's body at the other zombie. If I succeed I attack the other zombie. If I am able to kill the zombies I check if it's safe and loot the dead zombies.
You wait for the closest zombie to get close, and you attempt to stab it in the head, but the zombie unintentionally blocks the attack by flailing its arms as it tries to get a good grasp on your shoulders. It then gets close enough to deal damage. You let out a yell of pain, then swing at the zombie with the knife again hoping to kill it. The knife scrapes the zombies forehead, but doesn't phase it. The second zombie begins to flank you, and attacks you from your right. It smacks you three times, then scratches you, causing you to bleed from your shoulder. After failing to kill either of them, you become released from the first zombies grasp, and you run to the corner of the warehouse. The threats advance on your position.
==============================
kastor246
kastor246
213 posts
Nomad

Ok thanks anyway...

Zyba
Zyba
1,126 posts
Peasant

Name: Sanger Rainsford
---------
Thirst: 100%
Hunger: 89%
---------
---------
Inventory(9/12): Painkillers;2 Pepsi's
---------
Sanger's Story:
Well lucky for me... I take a bag, stock up on canned food and medication, and take a knife from the kitchen. I have myself a quick meal, use the bathroom, and take a quick nap.

draick
draick
1,461 posts
Farmer

Blood: 9,155
---------
Status Effects: In Shock, Bleeding, In Pain
---------
---------
---------
Michael's Story:

I try to separate them and look for something I can use to distract them. I find something to distract them I throw it at the wall behind them. If they are distracted I attack the nearest one then run back to the corner of the warehouse. If I can't find anything I throw my 2 tin cans at the zombies and run around them. If they get distracted or confused by the tin cans I attack them from behind. If they attack me I try to dodge their attacks. If they are able to hit me I run outside through the blue double doors and try to lure them outside.

ichigo773
ichigo773
1,046 posts
Nomad

Name: Jon Vexin
Blood: 7,345
Temperature: 35°C
---------
Thirst: 69%
Hunger: 74%
Status Effects: In Shock;Bleeding;In Pain
---------
---------
Inventory(4/12): Painkillers;1 Morphine;2 Blood Bags;Antibiotics;Epi-pen;Painkillers;Map;
Coyote Patrol Pack(2/8):Road Flares(10);2 Sodas;2 Bandages;2Rnd. Slugs
Primary: Makarov;7 Bullets
Additional: Watch
--------
Time: 6:38 PM
Jon's Story:

I swallow some pain killer and use the bandages afterwards i drink another soda and try to sprint out again running as fast as i can

ParkerD1313
ParkerD1313
125 posts
Nomad

Name: Alec
Temperature: 36C
---------
---------