ForumsForum Games(The Most Realistic) Zombie Survival RPG

167 25031
Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

You may be thinking, I've already seen so many Zombie RPG's... how could this one be any different? Well, if you've played my RPG's before, I've provided my players with more detail than the average hoster. This time, there will be even more detail. I'm basing this game off of an actual map from a game called Arma2-Operation Arrowhead. There is a mod for this game, called DayZ. I'm basing this zombie RPG off of the map, Chernarus.

Please read EVERYTHING. All of this is important for your survival!

Lets get down to the core elements of this RPG...

Hunting and Survival - Eating and drinking is a core part of gameplay, you can tell if you need something by subtle sounds, like a growling stomach, and if you don't fulfil those needs. You'll die. Wandering animals can killed and gutted (with the right tools) to gain access to their meat which can be eaten so you live longer but also to gain blood. For once these animals actually have a use.

Vehicles and Weapons - Yes, you can find vehicles in the zombie apocalypse. The only problem is... mostly all of them are destroyed! You can find the right amount of tools to repair the vehicles that you want to drive around. Oh, you also need Jerry Cans to refill your fuel. As for the weapons, you need to use your ammo very wisely. Headshots will always do the job right, no need to waste ammo shooting at the torso... unless your aim is really bad. Almost all weapons are extremely loud, especially the Lee Enfield. Certain types of weapons have different sound ranges. Pistols for example have less sound pollution than a rifle or an assault rifle. The crossbow however, is the most silent weapon in the game (apart from the melee weapons).

Being Chased - Sadly, everyone gets tired. If you run for a long time, you will need to rest, but it takes a while to get tired just from running. Being chased by zombies, however, will make you fatigued if you run, and also scared. Your character will breathe harder, be frightened, and most likely pass out for extended periods of time if you get chased for too long.

Safety and Tips - If you are in trouble by being chased by zombies, RUN INTO A BUILDING. Zombies are forced to walk inside buildings. Yes, they can run faster than you when your outside, but in buildings, they are easy pickings... unless you have no ammo. In that case, your trapped and doomed. A few tips are to conserve ammo, don't go near large cities (because zombies aren't the only threat), and be resourceful.

Blood Levels - The blood level is the most important factor in the game, obviously. In the character sheet, your HP will be labeled "Blood". Here are the affects of the blood levels as they decline (after being hit by zombies, being shot, ect)
12000 - Max Blood
< 9000 - Sussceptible to "one hit Knock out" from zombies
< 8000 - Colour and sound begin to fade (You become slightly paranoid and dizzy)
< 5000 - May fall Unconscious
< 4000 - Black and white vision, dizziness, loss of much hearing capability
< 3000 - Shakiness, blurry vision (can't find/identify things easily), and consistent fainting
0 - Player Dead

How to Regain Blood - Eating canned foods will restore 200 points of Blood. Eating cooked meat from animals that you hunted restores 800 points of blood. Also, you can get a Blood Transfusion, but this requires another person. Blood Transfusions heal your character fully, even if your character only has 100 Blood left (which is terribly close to death).

Status Effects - Bleeding can occur when:
-Being hit by Zombies
-Getting shot
-Getting hit by an explosive
-Falling
Shock is the status effect a player will receive after being shot at by another player or damaging themselves somehow (mainly by falling). Shock wears off after a few posts, this effect can not be mended by medication.
Pain is caused when the player takes damage, it has a chance to proc on any type of damage including, falling, Zombie hits or gun shot wounds. Pain can be relieved by taking Painkillers.
Causes of Broken Bones:
-Falling
-Being shot in the leg
-zombies on rare occasions.
If you have broken legs, your character will only be able to crawl. To restore your broken bones, use Morphine.
Causes of being Unconscious:
-A very large amount of non lethal damage, for example, being hit by a rifle shot
-Dropping below 3000 blood will cause the player to drift in and out of consciousness.
-Being hit by a zombie with less than 9000 blood
Using an Epi-Pen will restore any one from unconsciousness *can only be applied by another survivor)
Causes of Infection:
-Random chance when Temperature drops below 36C (Celsius)
-Spending time near players who are already sick
You can cure infection by using Antibiotics. You will know if your character is sick if he coughs and splutters.
Treatments for being Cold:
Colds are caused from being below 33 degrees Celsius.
-A Fireplace must be made using Wood Pile and a Matchbox
-Heat Pack Must be used.
-Shelter must be found inside Buildings or Vehicles

In this game, you can collect things such as a Map, a Compass, a Watch, etc. Day and Night time within the game will last for a long time. I'm thinking day time will last for 20-30 of your posts, and night will last 15-20 posts.

Day and Night - In the day time, you are much more visible to zombies. At night, the zombies find it harder to see you, but they can still hear you very well. Weather affects how well you can be seen or heard, however. The rain makes it harder to hear, and see you. But it makes the zombies and other players/survivors harder to see you as well.

Humanity - Healing other players and surviving along with other players will increase your humanity, which makes you like-able, and other survivors will know not to shoot you. If you kill survivors for their belongings, or just for fun, you will become a bandit, and you will change into the bandit costume/uniform automatically. Survivors and other Bandits will identify you as a bandit. Survivors will always shoot on sight if they see you as a bandit, but other bandits might shoot on sight. Sometimes, other bandits want to welcome a new member to the banditry raids.

Survivors and Bandits - You can tell who is a survivor and a bandit. Survivors will be wearing normal clothes, like a white or black long sleeve t-shirt, and bandits will be wearing an army uniform, but with a towel wrapping around their entire face.

Survivor:
https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSeYksEqezN2xKqmZtM7flGvnUHW6_ODy9ioBkbDqekCYLislSk

Bandits:
https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRdyd1PC7XicX9EadkfQwBErpCSxSVv40ZXYUv0SE_-3ixEf3FhBA

I think that is enough about the game... on to the character sheet.. FINALLY!

Name: (First name, no last name required.)
Blood: 12000
Temperature: 36C
---------
Zombies Killed: 0
Murders: 0
Bandits Killed: 0
---------
Inventory: Nothing (You can hold 12 items, some items take more space, like firewood/a woodpile)

You can find things over time, like a Pack to carry things in, a tool belt, etc.

I hope everyone enjoys. Everyone spawns on the coast, but in different locations, by the way. I will tell you what city you start near.

Tips for Beginners:
1. Trust no-one!
2. Savenge
3. Slay Zombies/Bandits
4. Hunt
5. Survive

• 167 Replies
rockPolotics
rockPolotics
53 posts
Peasant

Name: Mec
Temperature: 35°C
Day: 1
---------
Humanity: 0 - Neutral
Thirst: 91%
Hunger: 94%
Status Effects: None
---------
Headshots: 0
Overall Rank: Clever Ghost
---------
Inventory(0/12): Painkillers;Wire Fencing Kit;10 Chemlights;1 Bandage;2 cans of beans;Empty Water Bottle;Binoculars;Heatpack;hatchet
Primary: Winchester 1886;15Rnds.
Secondary: Flashlight(100%)
Additional: Watch
---------
Time: 5:58 PM
Mec's Story:

You're so cruel! Making me choose between such things! I mean, three guns in a row? Seriously, how are you randomizing these loots? A crossbow in a chicken coop? Ah, whatever.

Let's see... Hum, the crossbow sounds really epic, plus I can reuse the ammo. On the other hand, my Winchester still has 15 rounds. Only one bolt is somewhat nerve racking as well. Man, why did I have to drop that bolt back there? Is this what playing the actual game feels like?

Ok then, here's what I'll do. If I can have more than one weapon, which I can't see why not but Dayz as I see it has some weird rules, then I'll use the heat pack and drop my wire fencing kit. I'm going to take the crossbow and the bolt. I'll keep my Winchester as my primary though, I'll probably just use the bow for hunting.

Hmm, well, I'll guess I'll keep up the usual strategy. Scout, loot, repeat. Eat and drink on the spot if I ever find a clean source of water or food, be careful of zed and players, etc.

Zyba
Zyba
1,126 posts
Peasant

Name: Sanger Rainsford
Temperature: 36°C
---------
Thirst: 89%
Hunger: 96%
---------
Overall Rank: Fresh Meat
---------
Inventory(11/12): Painkillers
Primary: Nothing
---------
Sanger's Story:

I peer inside those houses... (Are zombies fast or slow in this game?)

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

Name: John Steele
---------
Thirst: 70%
Hunger: 80%
Status Effect: None
---------
---------
Inventory(11/12): Painkillers;
Primary: CZ550; Zeroed at 300m;5 Bullets loaded
---------
John's Story: None

He gulps, and nods.

You aim at the zombies. The man looks at you like your crazy. Because you are so close, you can't get a good angle on the zombies heads through the scope because of their heads bobbing from side to side. You fire five shots, killing three zombies, and wounding one. Then, you reload. Four zombies remain, and you have five bullets left. What do you want to do?
=======================================
Name: Cythraul
Blood: 10,295
Temperature: 37°C
---------
Thirst: 72%
Hunger: 84%
Status Effects: Bleeding
---------
Zombies Killed: 1
---------
---------
Cythraul's Story:

The man set up barbed wire at the only normal entrance, so there is no way of getting out without leaving through the main gate. To take down the barbed wire, you'd need a toolbox. You search for a way up to the roof, and you find a ladder in the back. It leads up to a metal walk-way, and that leads to a small hatch in the roof. After looking for a way to the roof, Michael asks you to help him kill the zombie if he manages to let it in. He opens the small white door, and it swings away from the barbed wire. The zombie tries to get in, but the barbed wire is keeping it from doing so. Looks like nothing can get in or out through that way.
======================================
Name: Michael
---------
Thirst: 96%
Hunger: 76%
---------
Overall Rank: Lone Survivor
---------
Inventory(6/12): Painkillers;Whiskey Bottle; 2 Tin cans;½Soda Can(Coke);DMR mag;
Primary: Hunting Knife
---------
Michael's Story:

Before you ask, the man searches for something, as he looks up to the roof. It looks as if he found what he was looking for, because he has a small smile on his face. You see a ladder on one of the walls near the corner, and a metal walk way above it. And above the walkway, there is a hatch of some sort, but it is closed. Maybe he was looking for a way out through there? After he is done looking, you ask for his help. Then, you open the small white door, and try to lure the zombie in. The zombie tries to come after you, but its path is obscured by the barbed wire. It looks like nothing can come in, or go out through that way.
======================================
---------
Thirst: 87%
Hunger: 91%
---------
---------
Inventory(1/12): Painkillers;10 Chemlights;1 Bandage;2 cans of beans;Empty Water Bottle;Binoculars;hatchet;Steel Bolt
Additional: Watch;Crossbow(Slung over shoulder)
---------
Time: 6:34 PM
Mec's Story:

How am I randomizing these loots? Well... the barn had high value, so you were bound to find a decent gun there. And usually, guns tend to be found within the long houses, but they are usually rifles of some sort. Then, the chicken coups usually poses Crossbows, but no other guns except a few pistols. They are all farm buildings, so you would also find a lot of Jerry Cans and ammo for shotguns within those areas.

Is this what playing the actual game feels like?

When you are actually playing the game, you aren't worried about what things to drop and keep. In the actual game, you are almost forced to worry about someone sneaking up on you and shooting you in the back. That's usually how it turns out in the game.

Luckily, the Crossbow had a thin strap on it, so you could sling it around your shoulder and carry it on your back.

After all of this, you exit the chicken coup, and find a safe place to hide so you can scout for more areas to venture through. As you scout with your binoculars, you see a few buildings that are along a road. Looks like shacks, and some small wooden houses. There is a red and green house in the middle of them, and it looks like it is two stories high. Then, to the right of those, you see another long log-house. To the right of the long log-house, you spot a small pond... could be fresh water. There is a tree line next to you, and a hill that ascends quite sharply. Behind you is the tree line, and the hill. It almost circles around the barn and the other buildings, but then it takes a turn away from them. What will you do?
====================================
---------
Thirst: 84%
Hunger: 93%
---------
---------
---------
Sanger's Story:

You should have read everything in the very first post, I told you they were important! Zombies are generally fast, sometimes faster than the human, but zombies are forced to walk inside buildings.

You take a peek inside the house with the smashed window, and you see some soda cans on top of a counter. To be precise, three. They don't look crushed, so they might be useful. Do you want to enter this one, or peek inside the others?(The houses are only one story, btw.)
draick
draick
1,461 posts
Farmer

Name: Michael
---------
Thirst: 96%
Hunger: 76%
---------
Overall Rank: Lone Survivor
---------
Inventory(6/12): Painkillers;Whiskey Bottle; 2 Tin cans;½Soda Can(Coke);DMR mag;
Primary: Hunting Knife
---------
Michael's Story:

I try to kill the zombie by reaching over the barbed wire. If I succeed I try to pull the zombies corpse over the barbed wire while trying not to destroy the barbed wire. If I can't then I close the door and try to lure him in through the blue double doors. If I succeed I try to kill it.

scrapydukes
scrapydukes
88 posts
Nomad

Name:Kyle
--------
Humanity: 0-Nuetral
Thirst: 88%
Hunger: 95%
--------
Zombies killed: 0
Bandits killed: 0
Overall Rank: Untrained Sniper
--------
Inventory(6/11): Soda(pepsi)Â&nbspainkillers, 2 Bandages, Wire Fencing Kit, Hunting knife
Primary: nothing
Secondary: flashlight(100%)
--------
Lacation: West of Chernogorsk
Kyles story: none

I will continue towards the city staying away from dangerous areas and keeping out of sight.
I will loot as i go but only areas that are of little threat to me.

(also just curious how did i earn the rank "untrained sniper&quot

Zyba
Zyba
1,126 posts
Peasant

---------
Thirst: 84%
---------
---------
---------
Sanger's Story:

(Oh sorry I forgot)

I go in and take the cans and scavenge a bit more. I refresh myself with a can before I check the next house.

MoparGamer
MoparGamer
144 posts
Nomad

Name: Mopar
---------
Thirst: 95%
---------
---------
Inventory(5/12):Painkillers;Bandage;Compass;Can of Pasta;Camping Tent
Primary: Medium sized rock
---------
Mopar's Story:

I'll grab the Lee Enfield and ammo then flee the town to explore for new places

rockPolotics
rockPolotics
53 posts
Peasant

---------
Thirst: 87%
Hunger: 91%
---------
---------
Inventory(1/12): Painkillers;10 Chemlights;1 Bandage;2 cans of beans;Empty Water Bottle;Binoculars;hatchet;Steel Bolt
Additional: Watch;Crossbow(Slung over shoulder)
---------
Time: 6:34 PM
Mec's Story:

Alright then, shoulda told me that you could sling stuff over your shoulders earlier QQ. I'm going to go to the wooden long house with the pond. I'm going to fill drink up, if it's clean, and fill up my bottle regardless. Careful of zombies and players, make sure you're shoes are tied, blah blah.

rockPolotics
rockPolotics
53 posts
Peasant

Ah, and also, I'm going to be gone for a few days, so don't expect anything from me until the 10th-11th.

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

Attention everyone... I am going to be gone for an entire week due to awesome fun times visiting friends in other states. Have a good week, and I will see you all on the 16th!

ichigo773
ichigo773
1,046 posts
Nomad

Name: Jon Vexin
Blood: 7,430
---------
Thirst: 93%
Hunger: 78%
Status Effects: In Shock;Right leg broken;Bleeding;In Pain
---------
---------
Inventory(3/12): Painkillers;2 Morphine;2 Blood Bags;Antibiotics;Epi-pen;Painkillers;Map;
Coyote Patrol Pack(2/8):Road Flares(10);2 Sodas;2 Bandages;2Rnd. Slugs
Primary: Makarov;7 Bullets
--------
Time: 5:58 PM
Jon's Story:

I crawl back inside and what was it that "cures" broken legs? ummmmm morphine? if im right i use morphine!

crazyape
crazyape
1,606 posts
Peasant

Blood: 10,295
Temperature: 37°C
---------
Thirst: 72%
Hunger: 84%
Status Effects: Bleeding
---------
---------
---------
Cythraul's Story:

I briefly come back to snap the zed's neck, then go back onto the roof, and inspect my surroundings.

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

Name: Michael Simons
Blood: 12,000
---------
Thirst: 100%
Hunger: 100%
Status Effects:
---------
---------
Inventory

can I join? Please correct my mistakes...

kastor246
kastor246
213 posts
Nomad

Name: Kase Ahner ( hope its alright i use my real name i suck at making fake ones xD )
---------
---------
Inventory: Nothing

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

Name: Jon Vexin
Blood: 7,345
---------
Thirst: 69%
Hunger: 74%
Status Effects: In Shock;Bleeding;In Pain
---------
---------
Inventory(4/12): Painkillers;1 Morphine;2 Blood Bags;Antibiotics;Epi-pen;Painkillers;Map;
Coyote Patrol Pack(2/8):Road Flares(10);2 Sodas;2 Bandages;2Rnd. Slugs
Primary: Makarov;7 Bullets
--------
Time: 6:38 PM
Jon's Story:

I crawl back inside and what was it that "cures" broken legs? ummmmm morphine? if im right i use morphine!
If you ever have any questions, refer to the front page. It has almost all of the information you need to survive.

You crawl back to the apartment, and inject the morphine as you lie next to the staircase. Your still in very much pain however, but at least you can now stand. You begin to feel a little cold now. What will you do?
==================================
Blood: 10,195
---------
Thirst: 68%
Hunger: 81%
Status Effects:
---------
---------
---------
Cythraul's Story:

I briefly come back to snap the zed's neck, then go back onto the roof, and inspect my surroundings.
You attempt to snap the zombies neck, but it swats at you fiercely as the barbed wire cuts its legs. With the barbed wire there and the zombie flailing its arms around, its probably not best to get tangled into a mess like that. You turn around, and climb the ladder. As you scout, you can see a small camp of some sort with four deer stands in the corners. past that, you see trees, and something beyond the trees that looks like a building. Behind you, you see the ocean. To your front-left, you spot a small town. To the right, you see nothing but the railroad tracks and the road beside it leading to somewhere. What will you do?
============================================
@evilsweetblock & kastor246, I'm not accepting anymore players. After the current players all die, I'm going to make a new game. Maybe you can play that one if you beat the others to the first positions. It will not be a zombie game though, it will be a strategic history game. The only ways to win would be to dominate the other countries, to win diplomatically, or to win scientifically.
Showing 121-135 of 167