ForumsForum Games(The Most Realistic) Zombie Survival RPG

167 25029
Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

You may be thinking, I've already seen so many Zombie RPG's... how could this one be any different? Well, if you've played my RPG's before, I've provided my players with more detail than the average hoster. This time, there will be even more detail. I'm basing this game off of an actual map from a game called Arma2-Operation Arrowhead. There is a mod for this game, called DayZ. I'm basing this zombie RPG off of the map, Chernarus.

Please read EVERYTHING. All of this is important for your survival!

Lets get down to the core elements of this RPG...

Hunting and Survival - Eating and drinking is a core part of gameplay, you can tell if you need something by subtle sounds, like a growling stomach, and if you don't fulfil those needs. You'll die. Wandering animals can killed and gutted (with the right tools) to gain access to their meat which can be eaten so you live longer but also to gain blood. For once these animals actually have a use.

Vehicles and Weapons - Yes, you can find vehicles in the zombie apocalypse. The only problem is... mostly all of them are destroyed! You can find the right amount of tools to repair the vehicles that you want to drive around. Oh, you also need Jerry Cans to refill your fuel. As for the weapons, you need to use your ammo very wisely. Headshots will always do the job right, no need to waste ammo shooting at the torso... unless your aim is really bad. Almost all weapons are extremely loud, especially the Lee Enfield. Certain types of weapons have different sound ranges. Pistols for example have less sound pollution than a rifle or an assault rifle. The crossbow however, is the most silent weapon in the game (apart from the melee weapons).

Being Chased - Sadly, everyone gets tired. If you run for a long time, you will need to rest, but it takes a while to get tired just from running. Being chased by zombies, however, will make you fatigued if you run, and also scared. Your character will breathe harder, be frightened, and most likely pass out for extended periods of time if you get chased for too long.

Safety and Tips - If you are in trouble by being chased by zombies, RUN INTO A BUILDING. Zombies are forced to walk inside buildings. Yes, they can run faster than you when your outside, but in buildings, they are easy pickings... unless you have no ammo. In that case, your trapped and doomed. A few tips are to conserve ammo, don't go near large cities (because zombies aren't the only threat), and be resourceful.

Blood Levels - The blood level is the most important factor in the game, obviously. In the character sheet, your HP will be labeled "Blood". Here are the affects of the blood levels as they decline (after being hit by zombies, being shot, ect)
12000 - Max Blood
< 9000 - Sussceptible to "one hit Knock out" from zombies
< 8000 - Colour and sound begin to fade (You become slightly paranoid and dizzy)
< 5000 - May fall Unconscious
< 4000 - Black and white vision, dizziness, loss of much hearing capability
< 3000 - Shakiness, blurry vision (can't find/identify things easily), and consistent fainting
0 - Player Dead

How to Regain Blood - Eating canned foods will restore 200 points of Blood. Eating cooked meat from animals that you hunted restores 800 points of blood. Also, you can get a Blood Transfusion, but this requires another person. Blood Transfusions heal your character fully, even if your character only has 100 Blood left (which is terribly close to death).

Status Effects - Bleeding can occur when:
-Being hit by Zombies
-Getting shot
-Getting hit by an explosive
-Falling
Shock is the status effect a player will receive after being shot at by another player or damaging themselves somehow (mainly by falling). Shock wears off after a few posts, this effect can not be mended by medication.
Pain is caused when the player takes damage, it has a chance to proc on any type of damage including, falling, Zombie hits or gun shot wounds. Pain can be relieved by taking Painkillers.
Causes of Broken Bones:
-Falling
-Being shot in the leg
-zombies on rare occasions.
If you have broken legs, your character will only be able to crawl. To restore your broken bones, use Morphine.
Causes of being Unconscious:
-A very large amount of non lethal damage, for example, being hit by a rifle shot
-Dropping below 3000 blood will cause the player to drift in and out of consciousness.
-Being hit by a zombie with less than 9000 blood
Using an Epi-Pen will restore any one from unconsciousness *can only be applied by another survivor)
Causes of Infection:
-Random chance when Temperature drops below 36C (Celsius)
-Spending time near players who are already sick
You can cure infection by using Antibiotics. You will know if your character is sick if he coughs and splutters.
Treatments for being Cold:
Colds are caused from being below 33 degrees Celsius.
-A Fireplace must be made using Wood Pile and a Matchbox
-Heat Pack Must be used.
-Shelter must be found inside Buildings or Vehicles

In this game, you can collect things such as a Map, a Compass, a Watch, etc. Day and Night time within the game will last for a long time. I'm thinking day time will last for 20-30 of your posts, and night will last 15-20 posts.

Day and Night - In the day time, you are much more visible to zombies. At night, the zombies find it harder to see you, but they can still hear you very well. Weather affects how well you can be seen or heard, however. The rain makes it harder to hear, and see you. But it makes the zombies and other players/survivors harder to see you as well.

Humanity - Healing other players and surviving along with other players will increase your humanity, which makes you like-able, and other survivors will know not to shoot you. If you kill survivors for their belongings, or just for fun, you will become a bandit, and you will change into the bandit costume/uniform automatically. Survivors and other Bandits will identify you as a bandit. Survivors will always shoot on sight if they see you as a bandit, but other bandits might shoot on sight. Sometimes, other bandits want to welcome a new member to the banditry raids.

Survivors and Bandits - You can tell who is a survivor and a bandit. Survivors will be wearing normal clothes, like a white or black long sleeve t-shirt, and bandits will be wearing an army uniform, but with a towel wrapping around their entire face.

Survivor:
https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSeYksEqezN2xKqmZtM7flGvnUHW6_ODy9ioBkbDqekCYLislSk

Bandits:
https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRdyd1PC7XicX9EadkfQwBErpCSxSVv40ZXYUv0SE_-3ixEf3FhBA

I think that is enough about the game... on to the character sheet.. FINALLY!

Name: (First name, no last name required.)
Blood: 12000
Temperature: 36C
---------
Zombies Killed: 0
Murders: 0
Bandits Killed: 0
---------
Inventory: Nothing (You can hold 12 items, some items take more space, like firewood/a woodpile)

You can find things over time, like a Pack to carry things in, a tool belt, etc.

I hope everyone enjoys. Everyone spawns on the coast, but in different locations, by the way. I will tell you what city you start near.

Tips for Beginners:
1. Trust no-one!
2. Savenge
3. Slay Zombies/Bandits
4. Hunt
5. Survive

• 167 Replies
MoparGamer
MoparGamer
144 posts
Nomad

Name: Mopar
Temperature: 36°C
Day: 1
---------
Humanity: 0 - Neutral
Thirst: 98%
Hunger: 95%
---------
Headshots: 0
Overall Rank: Fresh Meat
---------
Inventory(11/12):Painkillers
Primary: Medium sized rock
Secondary: Flashlight(100%)
---------
Mopar's Story:

I'll take the bandage then go explore the next closest building

scrapydukes
scrapydukes
88 posts
Nomad

Name:Kyle
--------
Humanity: 0-Nuetral
Thirst: 92%
Hunger: 97%
Status Effects: None
--------
Zombies killed: 0
Bandits killed: 0
--------
Inventory(11/12): painkillers
Primary: nothing
Secondary: flashlight(100%)
--------
Lacation: West of Chernogorsk
Kyles story: none

I pick up the whiskey bottle and leave the gas station, i will then begin to head towards Chernogorsk. I will not enter the larger portion of the city but will instead begin looting some of the smaller houses around it searching only those that seem safe to enter and staying clear of any dangerous areas that may get me killed.

"Hopefully those gunshots will destract the zombies
long enough for me to get in and out without being noticed."

rockPolotics
rockPolotics
53 posts
Peasant

Name: Mec
Temperature: 35°C
---------
Thirst: 100%
Hunger: 98%
---------
Overall Rank: Clever Ghost
---------
Inventory(0/12): Painkillers;Wire Fencing Kit;10 Chemlights;2 Bandage;2 cans of beans;Empty Water Bottle;Binoculars;Heatpack;Steel Bolt
Primary: Hatchet
Additional: Watch
---------
Time: 4:37 PM
Mec's Story:

Ok, I drop a bandage and the steel bolt to make room for the Winchester + ammo. Although the Jerry can and road flares are tempting, I just don't find them worth it right now.

Then I'll just keep the protocol, scout, loot, repeat. Being very careful, and not firing my newly found rifle unless I'm going to be viciously murdered or badly injured otherwise.

crazyape
crazyape
1,606 posts
Peasant

Name: Cythraul
Blood: 10,520
Temperature: 37°C
---------
Thirst: 82%
Hunger: 89%
Status Effects: Bleeding
---------
Zombies Killed: 1
---------
Inventory(11/12): Painkillers
Primary: Nothing
---------
Cythraul's Story:

"Sure. I'll start now." I respond. I search the warehouse.

Zyba
Zyba
1,126 posts
Peasant

Name: Sanger Rainsford
---------
Thirst: 94%
Hunger: 98%
---------
---------
---------
Sanger's Story:

Then I head to the small houses.

ichigo773
ichigo773
1,046 posts
Nomad

Name: Jon Vexin
---------
Hunger: 83%
Status Effects: In Shock
---------
Overall Rank: Bullet Dodger
---------
Inventory(4/12): Painkillers;2 Morphine;2 Blood Bags;Antibiotics;Epi-pen;Painkillers
Coyote Patrol Pack(2/8):Road Flares(10);2 Sodas;2 Bandages;2Rnd. Slugs
Primary: Makarov
--------
Jon's Story:

I loot the building making sure to stay out of sight of windows on the side hes on while i look for food while i be super ninja stealthy!

Im seriously trying to imagine people speaking in russian in this game its not hard just akward

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

Name: Michael
---------
Thirst: 69%
---------
Overall Rank: Lone Survivor
---------
Inventory(6/12): Painkillers;Whiskey Bottle; 2 Tin cans;Soda Can(Coke);DMR mag;
Primary: Hunting Knife
---------
Michael's Story:

"Sure. I'll start now." he replies. What would you like to do next?
=========================================
---------
Thirst: 95%
Hunger: 93%
---------
---------
Inventory(10/12):Painkillers;Bandage
---------
Mopar's Story:

You cross a street to get to a small wooden house. Before you enter, you notice a long wooden building, and a large barn across a grassy field. You can a small portion of a chicken coup, also. You enter the house, and you find
-an empty tin can
-a compass
-can of Pasta
-two empty water bottles
-a camping tent
==============================
--------
Thirst: 88%
--------
--------
Inventory(10/12):empty whiskey bottleainkillers
--------

You leave the gas station, and head east, but you come across three small industrial buildings. Since you don't see any zombies around, you decide to search them. In the buildings, you find
-three empty tin cans
-an empty soda can
-an empty whiskey bottle
-two bandages
-soda(Pepsi)
-a wire fencing kit
-a hunting knife
-a main rotor assembly
-a G17 mag
==========================================
---------
Thirst: 96%
Hunger: 96%
---------
---------
Inventory(0/12): Painkillers;Wire Fencing Kit;10 Chemlights;1 Bandage;2 cans of beans;Empty Water Bottle;Binoculars;Heatpack;hatchet;15Rnd. 1886 Slugs
Primary: Winchester 1886
---------
Time: 5:26 PM
Mec's Story:

The hatchet was put into your inventory, and the ammo was placed in your inventory. The Winchester is now your primary.

You then advance to the long house. It is very spacious inside... you check it, and you find
-a wood pile
-a Double Barreled Shotgun w/ 2Rnd. Slugs
====================================
Name: John Steele
---------
Thirst: 75%
Status Effect: None
---------
---------
Primary: Stick
---------
John's Story: None

You both get up safely, and the zombies continue to try as hard as they can to rip your flesh off. As you look down at the zombies, the survivor says,"Dude, look!", as he points to something under your feet. You look down, and you see a CZ550, and two CZ550 mags. "Its a sniper rifle." he says. What will you do?
======================================================
Blood: 10,380
---------
Thirst: 78%
Hunger: 86%
---------
---------
---------
Cythraul's Story:

He nods, and you search the warehouse. You find no weapons of any sort, but you do find a single bottle of water.
================================================
Name: Sanger Rainsford
---------
Thirst: 89%
---------
---------
---------
Sanger's Story:

You stay put. You spot a factory to your right, and another ahead of you. Then, as you look into the town, you see about eight houses, but most look as if they have been barricaded from within. You advance to some houses, while crawling to avoid making sound and from avoid being eyed by zombies. You make it to one house, but of course, the door is locked. You then go to another house. The door is not locked, but something is blocking the door from opening on the inside. Then, you slowly advance across the road to try to get into another house. As you look at it, you notice that the windows are already smashed, and the door is wide open. There are two more houses beside this one. What do you want to do?
================================
---------
Hunger: 80%
---------
---------
Inventory(4/12): Painkillers;2 Morphine;2 Blood Bags;Antibiotics;Epi-pen;Painkillers
--------
Jon's Story:

You search the building, while avoiding windows. You couldn't go into some rooms because of the threat, but in the other rooms, you've found
-six empty tin cans
-a map
-a watch
-a revolver
-a makarov mag

rockPolotics
rockPolotics
53 posts
Peasant

---------
---------
---------
Inventory(0/12): Painkillers;Wire Fencing Kit;10 Chemlights;1 Bandage;2 cans of beans;Empty Water Bottle;Binoculars;Heatpack;hatchet;15Rnd. 1886 Slugs
Primary: Winchester 1886
---------
Time: 5:26 PM
Mec's Story:

Mmmm, I have a hatchet so I don't really need a wood pile, and I've only got a shot or two with the shotgun, plus it's really loud, and I'll probably miss if I fire it. So, instead I'll just destroy the shotgun (if possible, if not then just hide it or bury it or something. Basically, make it unusable).

So I'll just keep following my shark policies and keep moving. Scout with binoculars, loot, repeat. Be careful, etc.

draick
draick
1,461 posts
Farmer

---------
Thirst: 69%
---------
---------
Inventory(6/12): Painkillers;Whiskey Bottle; 2 Tin cans;Soda Can(Coke);DMR mag;
---------
Michael's Story:

I place the whiskey bottle, the 2 tin cans, and the DMR mag together at an area of the warehouse where it would be safe and drink half of the soda can(Coke). Afterwards I tell the man that I'm going to search for supplies and ask him to lock the door for me. If there is a small number of zombies outside I loot the corpse of the zombie the man killed. If there is a large amount of them I leave the corpse alone. Afterwards I look for a sign that will tell me where I am and loot the buildings around the large warehouse while avoiding any zombies. If a zombie notices me I run back to the warehouse and tell the man to let me in. If no zombie notices me I carefully sneak around and inside any buildings I can loot that has a small zombie presence.

scrapydukes
scrapydukes
88 posts
Nomad

--------
--------
--------
Inventory(10/12): empty whiskey bottle,Â&nbspainkillers
--------

I will drop the whiskey bottle and pick up the soda can, both bandages, the fencing kit, and the hunting knife.

I will then continue towards the city looting as i go and staying out of any areas that are dangerous. I will also make note of any viable water or food sources i may spot as they may come in handy later.

MoparGamer
MoparGamer
144 posts
Nomad

---------
---------
---------
Inventory(10/12):Painkillers;Bandage
---------
Mopar's Story:

I'll take the Compass, Can of Pasta and camping tent then travel to the barn.

ichigo773
ichigo773
1,046 posts
Nomad

---------
---------
---------
--------
Jon's Story:

I take everything but the tin cans and i try to go to another building while i look for food stealth like

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

---------
Thirst: 91%
Hunger: 94%
---------
---------
Inventory(0/12): Painkillers;Wire Fencing Kit;10 Chemlights;1 Bandage;2 cans of beans;Empty Water Bottle;Binoculars;Heatpack;hatchet
Primary: Winchester 1886;15Rnds.
---------
Time: 5:58 PM
Mec's Story:

Before you leave, you load the rounds into the Winchester.
You then go to the chicken coup. No zombies seem to be around this area. Inside, you find
-a makarov mag
-two empty tin cans
-a Compound Crossbow w/ a Steel Bolt
-a Jerry Can
=============================================
Name: John Steele
---------
Thirst: 75%
Status Effect: None
---------
---------
Inventory(9/12): Painkillers;(5)CZ550 Bullets
Primary: CZ550; Zeroed at 300m;5 Bullets loaded
---------
John's Story: None

There are seven zombies around the deer stand. The zombies don't know how to get up it seems. "What do we do?" says the survivor, panicking. His heavy breathing is making the zombies even more aggressive for some reason. He looks as if he is going to pass out. His head lowers slightly, but then he picks it back up immediately. He does this about four times.

What are you going to do?
===============================
Blood: 7,430
---------
Thirst: 93%
Hunger: 78%
Status Effects: In Shock;Right leg broken;Bleeding;In Pain
---------
---------
Inventory(3/12): Painkillers;2 Morphine;2 Blood Bags;Antibiotics;Epi-pen;Painkillers;Map;
Primary: Makarov;7 Bullets
--------
Time: 5:58 PM
Jon's Story:

You step out of the apartment building, and you hear yet another gunshot. You are forced to hit the sidewalk, because a massive jolt of pain spread through your leg. The bullet hit you in your right leg, and grazed your left, giving you a broken bone in your right leg. You can't help but to let out a massive cry of pain. Luckily, you didn't pass out from the experience, but your in extreme pain. You need to get off of the sidewalk fast.

What will you do?
========================================
---------
---------
---------
Inventory(5/12):Painkillers;Bandage;Compass;Can of Pasta;Camping Tent
---------
Mopar's Story:

You make it safely to the barn, but there are quite a few zombies surrounding the area. After searching, you find these items:
-a Lee Enfield w/ 3 Enfield mags
-a Jerry Can
-a Wood Pile
-a Heatpack
-a Bandage
=================================================
---------
---------
---------
Inventory(6/12): Painkillers;Whiskey Bottle; 2 Tin cans;½Soda Can(Coke);DMR mag;
---------
Michael's Story:

Unfortunately, you cannot leave because there are four zombies outside near the corpse of the other zombie, unless you want to put both of your lives in danger. If you went out now, you would be noticed. You can hear them grunting behind the doors, and one of them begin to bang on one of the large blue doors. The man backs up a little, but gains his composure. What do you want to do?
=====================================
--------
--------
Overall Rank: Untrained Sniper
--------
Inventory(6/12): Soda(Pepsi);Painkillers;2 Bandages;Wire Fencing Kit;Hunting Knife
--------
Kyles story:

You head towards the zombie while avoided two zombies, then suddenly, you hear another shot, and after that, the sound of a man that has just been shot. You hear a large yell after the shot has been fired. What will you do?

crazyape
crazyape
1,606 posts
Peasant

Blood: 10,380
---------
Thirst: 78%
Hunger: 86%
---------
---------
---------
Cythraul's Story:

I keep the bottle of water, and look for a way onto the roof, or in/out not through the main gate.

draick
draick
1,461 posts
Farmer

---------
---------
---------
Inventory(6/12): Painkillers;Whiskey Bottle; 2 Tin cans;½Soda Can(Coke);DMR mag;
---------
Michael's Story:

I try to bring the zombie banging on the door inside. I also ask help from the man. If I succeed I try to slit the zombies throat. If any more zombies start banging on the door I repeat what did one zombie at a time.

Showing 106-120 of 167