ForumsWEPRReligion Poll

140 35209
Mickeyryn
Mickeyryn
276 posts
Shepherd

***I am a Catholic, and I know there are a lot of haters out there, so if you don't like me because I am a proud Catholic, you can leave.***

I am a proud Catholic (as it says above) .

This topic will be (hopefully) a vote to see what percentage of the users on ArmorGames are part of the following religions:
Christians,
Muslims,
Jews,
Buddhists,
Hindus, (and other religions) . I hope no one here will make fun of anyone else, and I respect anyone who is my religion, and/or who is a different religion then me.

Please list below in your comment if you are part of any of the religions placed above, and if you are part of a religion not placed above. No trolling people because of there religion. If I see it, you may be reported to a mod.

Thanks!
-Mickeyryn

• 140 Replies
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Well, I'm Orthodox Christian. I appear an atheist, but I'm actually Orthodox. The thing with orthodoxy is, it's either you believe in it or not, you're still orthodox. I don't believe in any of the mumbo-jumbo written in the bible, but I'm baptized and everything, so it makes me orthodox. And there's also none of the nonsense that if you don't believe, you're suffering. If you're a good person, you enjoy as much as the believers do.

I am Orthodox Christian. However, I don't really believe in the Bible or God. I just have such a hard time believing that all of this stuff exists.
But, I'm baptized, so it makes me Orthodox.

Hold on Let's evaluate this ticking of the Christian box for a moment.

First the term Orthodox Christian. I assume this is in reference to the Eastern Orthodox Catholic Church. Anyway Orthodox basically means "true belief". As for Christian, this is basically defined as a person who adheres to the Abrahamic monotheistic religion based on the life and teachings of Jesus of Nazareth as recorded in the Canonical gospels and the letters of the New Testament. Now there is also such a thing as a cultural Christian similar to someone who is culturally Jewish or culturally Muslim. This would be someone adopting the title because they still significantly identify with with the Christian culture.

This latter form of being Christian would seem to be what you're referring to, but lets examine the reasoning behind it? You're identifying with the Christian culture because you got a little wet at a ceremony you once had. I don't know if it was one preformed on you when you were a baby and had no real say in the matter or if it was done later in you're lives where you could at least have some say. But if the former this makes it all the more absurd to identify one self with with something due to a ceremony preformed where you had no say in it being preformed or not.

At any rate viewing Christianity from a cultural perspective seems to be getting away from the question posed on the topic in the first place. This is asking what religion are you. In other words what beliefs do you hold, not what culture you identify with.
Santi_
Santi_
1,900 posts
Nomad

I agree. I met a few satanists, they aren't that bad.

Well, obviously there are some of the stereotypical satanists, like the few one of my teachers had to deal with.

Killing the first who notices an upside down, broken cross.

(I'm not saying all of them are like that)
light_chaser
light_chaser
1,044 posts
Peasant

I AM NOT A CATHOLIC, but a christian, nonetheless... rack up 1 for the Unorthadox christians.

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

Well, obviously there are some of the stereotypical satanists, like the few one of my teachers had to deal with.

Killing the first who notices an upside down, broken cross.

(I'm not saying all of them are like that)

...How many people where killed in your school exactly?

Will do. But I believe Satanists are bad people. They are not "misunderstood". If they are, they caused the "misunderstanding".

But of course if I say "Christians are idiots, terrorist, bigots, rapist, cowards, morons, and jay-walkers", you will flip out?

Not like I am saying that, of course...

I AM NOT A CATHOLIC, but a christian, nonetheless... rack up 1 for the Unorthadox christians.

Wouldn't that make you Protestant? Or Mormon? Really there is a thousand other kind of Christianity.
sensanaty
sensanaty
1,094 posts
Nomad

Hold on Let's evaluate this ticking of the Christian box for a moment.

I don't want to quote your entire post, but I guess your right. I was baptized with my saying. Exclude the orthodoxy, I'm atheist.

Oh, just for the record, religion is becoming less important in Europe, at least in Eastern Europe. People still kind of believe in it all, but in reality, don't.
samy
samy
4,874 posts
Nomad

Always a fun subject to talk about, I love labels.

That being said, I consider myself a slightly ignostic, agnostic, atheist.

An atheist because I actively reject the notion that there is a god in my everyday life. An agnostic because I concede that my knowledge is finite and that there is a possibility that a god exists. Slightly ignostic because I believe that a working definition of what a "god" is has yet to be put forth; moreover, different individuals have different versions of those gods who theists say exist, e.g. a Catholic's God is different from the God of a Protestant emergent church member (even though it is the same "god" in theory). However, I also believe that it is possible to confine God, or a "god" in general, to small enough spaces so as to discuss their existence. That being said, to ultimately determine if a "god" exists an actual explanation of what a "god" is must be put forth.

I realize that may be a bit paradoxical, but I believe it works on most levels.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

Now I hope Chillz is genuinely friendly... I have a gut feeling though that he is not.....

Well c y'all guys around... And hopefully Chillz isn't terrorizing people. And sure, yes, you guessed it: I am completely against Satanists, and "Dark Lord" stuff.

you know same thing could be said exactly about you.

after all... you believe that non-believers deserve to go to hell and that different forms of love are a sin. in a way, i am completely against christianity too.

but the fact that you look down because your special and he is a satanist and you think its completely wrong makes it ok for you to point it out?

im not trying to start another religious flame war here. the bottom line is:

if you want to judge, judge someones religion and not the person. i personally noticed that chillzmaker is friendlier then most christians ive seen on the internet.
Mickeyryn
Mickeyryn
276 posts
Shepherd

WTF. Ok. 314d1? Yeah, I would flip out (a reply to a comment)

But of course if I say "Christians are idiots, terrorist, bigots, rapist, cowards, morons, and jay-walkers", you will flip out?

Yeah. But there are not any satanists here. And btw i am really tired and i am typing screwedly so pce going back to bed
Mickeyryn
Mickeyryn
276 posts
Shepherd

and rabbit, wtf chillz isnt even resl so just shut up dummy. if you actually think he is real go back to first grade numbskull

Youre brains probably got shot out during rabbit season

no i dont believe

that non-believers deserve to go to hell

and...

e.g. a Catholic's God is different from the God of a Protestant emergent church member (even though it is the same "god" in theory).

no. that is not true, so check your facts samy.

Because there are always second chances and in the Bible numerous times there were non believers who got saved from the mercy of God and Jesus Christ, our faithful Lord.

Got any other "questions"?

-Mickeyryn
Mickeyryn
Mickeyryn
276 posts
Shepherd

Did I put up a good enough fight for you guys?

Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

Yeah. But there are not any satanists here.

So it's okay to insult people who aren't here?

and rabbit, wtf chillz isnt even resl so just shut up dummy. if you actually think he is real go back to first grade numbskull

You may wish to check your facts. Here's his profile...
ChillzMaster
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

Did I put up a good enough fight for you guys?

Well, you just pulled your own thread deeper in the mud of intolerance and flaming. If you think that's a fight, go ahead...

Oh, and count me in as Pastafarian, that'll increase the diversity of your humdrum poll.
crazyape
crazyape
1,606 posts
Peasant

Add Wiccan-Satanist to that list. Now excuse me while I order the Book of Shadows.... xD

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

Youre brains probably got shot out during rabbit season

answered already.

no i dont believe

that non-believers deserve to go to hell

then are you even catholic? most (if not all) christians believe that non-believers go to hell because of that verse i cant fully remember by heart in which jesus says something like: "you can only get to god through me"

Because there are always second chances and in the Bible numerous times there were non believers who got saved from the mercy of God and Jesus Christ, our faithful Lord.

you mean second chances like TURNING CHRISTIAN when JESUS KNOCKS ON YOUR HEART? they are believers then.

maybe you should do some more research on the religion your supposed to follow?

and just because a person isnt here doesnt mean its ok for you to insult them. thats a really cowardly thing to do.
samy
samy
4,874 posts
Nomad

no. that is not true, so check your facts samy.

Or, perhaps, you simply didn't understand what I was saying. Yes, the god of protestants and Catholics is the same in name and in general tradition, but who that god is varies by the individual.

For example, some Christians believe in a literal creation story while others believe it is simply a metaphor. In this case, one group of Christians believe that God is a literal and ultimate creator while the second group believes that God is simply the one who started the process. Of course this issue isn't just black and white and there are thousands of different variations on this one issue.

In this way, who the Christian God is different in the minds of different people and is therefore not defined in a literal way.

Following that, do you believe that Jesus died for your sins? If so, could you point me to the location in the bible where it says this?
Showing 31-45 of 140