ForumsWEPRReligion Poll

140 35270
Mickeyryn
Mickeyryn
276 posts
Shepherd

***I am a Catholic, and I know there are a lot of haters out there, so if you don't like me because I am a proud Catholic, you can leave.***

I am a proud Catholic (as it says above) .

This topic will be (hopefully) a vote to see what percentage of the users on ArmorGames are part of the following religions:
Christians,
Muslims,
Jews,
Buddhists,
Hindus, (and other religions) . I hope no one here will make fun of anyone else, and I respect anyone who is my religion, and/or who is a different religion then me.

Please list below in your comment if you are part of any of the religions placed above, and if you are part of a religion not placed above. No trolling people because of there religion. If I see it, you may be reported to a mod.

Thanks!
-Mickeyryn

• 140 Replies
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

1) Jesus willingly died on the cross, with foreknowledge that it would happen, in order to take mankind's sin upon himself. There wasn't a "couldn't" part to it, just a "didn't."

Jesus really didn't want to die. He knew the Father wanted him to so he went along with it. He prayed to not have the burden of being the savior (Mark 14:35, 36). He knew the Father could change his mind or find a way that didn't involve him (like He did when Abraham was about to kill his son), but He didn't. It wasn't really 'willfully' because he feared God's wrath. No different than if someone tells you to do something while they hold a gun to your head.

And he was killed on a cross, irony abounds.

The cross is supposed to symbolize that he died so we could have hope of living forever and such. I agree that it's strange that the church chose an ancient torture device as their primary symbol instead of perhaps a crown of thorns or a lamb (although that might go against the 'graven image' commandment).

Also, eternity* believe* Muslims* noticed* and you accidently some punctuation.

You missed Catholitic.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

I am an Enchiladian, ranked Squatter of the Fullth Cheese. Have been since the 13th of January of 2010. The Poop noticed that I haven't done anything with my religious standing since then, so that is probably why my holey rank is still Squatter.

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

I am proud to say that I worship the one and only, true God. Jesus. I am a Christian.

IGNORANT FOOL!

unless you worship the devil that is kind of creepy good luck suffering for eitienity

well they can do whatever they want so all the people who DO hate devil worshipers should just let them alone and do their thing.Thats the thing is most Christans(example) see that you don't follow their religion and immediatly call you devil worshipers.
Santi_
Santi_
1,900 posts
Nomad

IGNORANT FOOL!

Come on killer, just because somone believes that a scholar, who might have a living blood-line is a deity, doesn't make them an ignorant fool.

Depending on their age, they just must not be as educated on the matter, or in many cases, arrogant of the facts.
We have to observe before judging, then trol-
I mean comment/reply.
Noobclone
Noobclone
127 posts
Peasant

Jesus really didn't want to die. He knew the Father wanted him to so he went along with it. He prayed to not have the burden of being the savior (Mark 14:35, 36). He knew the Father could change his mind or find a way that didn't involve him (like He did when Abraham was about to kill his son), but He didn't. It wasn't really 'willfully' because he feared God's wrath. No different than if someone tells you to do something while they hold a gun to your head.

That seems to go against what Christan (catholic, anyway) belief would be.
Jesus and God the Father and the holy spirit, are one being one God. The three aspects of the One and Holy God; the ways God has made himself to us.
Another interpretation, rather than the one quoted:

Jesus could have asked God to send his angels to save him, and even strike down the people who would kill him, but he did not. Akin to when Jesus was in Desert for 40 days and nights tempted by the devil. He could have made rocks into bread, etc, but did not.

The people who wanted Jesus to die could have changed their minds, but they did not. Jesus could have saved himself, but he did not. Still fully human, and fully God, he let himself die by the hands of those he would have healed and brought with him to heaven, had they just but asked. Jesus died on the cross by the hands of those he loved, the worst kind of death.

And he forgave them for it. Forgave all humans of their sin when he could have smote everything for what they have done. He was resurrected and introduced us to the path to heaven.

^ I'm fairly sure all that is the interpretation the Church uses, but I may be off some.

In the end, it's all a matter of faith. I don't claim to know Jesus's mind, then and now, and I don't see how anyone else can either.
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

Jesus and God the Father and the holy spirit, are one being one God. The three aspects of the One and Holy God; the ways God has made himself to us.

Wait....Wut? Three are one and one are three? Is this the start to a bad fiction story?

Jesus could have asked God to send his angels to save him, and even strike down the people who would kill him, but he did not

Why not? There was no real reason for him to die, now was there?

Akin to when Jesus was in Desert for 40 days and nights tempted by the devil. He could have made rocks into bread, etc, but did not.

And why not? It would be the smart thing to do, wouldn't it?

The people who wanted Jesus to die could have changed their minds, but they did not.

Could they now?

Jesus could have saved himself, but he did not.

Why not?

Still fully human, and fully God, he let himself die by the hands of those he would have healed and brought with him to heaven, had they just but asked

Why? Why not just "save" them anyway?

Jesus died on the cross by the hands of those he loved, the worst kind of death.

Witch he could have stopped at any time, witch makes it a suicide by cop?

And wait, wut? "Still fully human, and fully God"? That makes no since. This is a carrot, that is fully carrot but also fully a watermelon. The carrot, the watermelon, and the cherry are all one, but separate, but one. Yeah, sure.

And he forgave them for it.

When he could have just stopped it in the first place?

Forgave all humans of their sin when he could have smote everything for what they have done.

And what sin, exactly, have I done that is worthy of being killed for?

He was resurrected and introduced us to the path to heaven.

So he got better then. So everything did not matter?

^ I'm fairly sure all that is the interpretation the Church uses, but I may be off some.

Probably, since that did not make any since.

In the end, it's all a matter of faith.

FAITH, n. Belief without evidence in what is told by one who speaks without knowledge, of things without parallel.

I don't claim to know Jesus's mind, then and now, and I don't see how anyone else can either.

I don't see how Jesus could exist with so much nonsense in his stories.

Oh look at that. It did turn into an argument.
Darktroop07
Darktroop07
3,592 posts
Shepherd

Akin to when Jesus was in Desert for 40 days and nights tempted by the devil. He could have made rocks into bread, etc, but did not.

If he had no food or water he'd be dead but he survived?
I just don't get any details on this story shed more insight for us.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Why? Why not just "save" them anyway?

They didn't say &quotlease"... XD

Witch he could have stopped at any time, witch makes it a suicide by cop?

WHICH, for the love of orthography. I hope that was your autocorrect...

And no, it isn't a suicide, more of a sacrifice. And yes, there's a difference between the two, even though a small one; suicide is when you wish to die (initiative coming from you), and sacrifice is when you accept death (initiative coming from outards).

As for why he supposedly did that, it's because in that way, by performing some sort of ultimate sacrifice, he took humanity's sins on him (even though it didn't change a f*** in the end, if you listen to how some conservative christians see humans...). The real question is not, why did Jesus die on the cross, but in what way does that help anyone, and why wasn't there another way. The blame shouldn't be put on the Jesus aspect of the christian deity, but rather on the God aspect of said deity. Why is something a sin, why does someone have to die for everyone, why does god give a f***...

RAmen, brother.
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Jesus died on the cross by the hands of those he loved, the worst kind of death.

so wait,the people who he taught decided one day to just kill Jesus over a stake.They took a chance of killing the one they respected the most.

I don't claim to know Jesus's mind, then and now, and I don't see how anyone else can either.

Then why do you say that you know what happened to him? How can anyone know what he thought? When did Jesus say that he was the sin of God? Where in the Bible was it said?

In the end, it's all a matter of faith.

Faith in a majical man that decided out of the blue to create everything.A man that decriminates,but also creates them that way so that they can be decriminated by him.So he can send them into a eternal torment.Yet he loves everybody.

Jesus could have asked God to send his angels to save him, and even strike down the people who would kill him, but he did not
BUT! you said that he was killed by those that loved him! so that means that Jesus didn't love them back? and how are there angels when Jesus was the first of the Christans? nobody knew about Christanity before Christ.So how were there Angels......
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Playing the devil's advocate...

so wait,the people who he taught decided one day to just kill Jesus over a stake.They took a chance of killing the one they respected the most.

No one ever claimed that.

Then why do you say that you know what happened to him? How can anyone know what he thought? When did Jesus say that he was the sin of God? Where in the Bible was it said?

He didn't claim to know all this, he claimed that this was most probably the churchs interpretation.

I'm not an expert in the bible claims, but I'm sure jesus' divine origin is mentioned several times. And I don't see the relevance of this in the current context...

BUT! you said that he was killed by those that loved him! so that means that Jesus didn't love them back?

He said jesus was killed by the ones that he himself loved, not the ones who loved him.

Read correctly before flaming unnecessarily. You may understandably not be at best relations with your christian 'friends' for rejecting you, but that doesn't permit you to hate on all others as well.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

HahiHa covered most of what I was going to say.

and how are there angels when Jesus was the first of the Christans? nobody knew about Christanity before Christ.So how were there Angels......

If you mean dead people's souls going to heaven and becoming 'angels', there were none of those. The angels described in the bible are semi-divine spirit creatures that God created during the first days. One of them is commonly known as Satan. Some other angels joined his cause and became known as demons.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

That seems to go against what Christan (catholic, anyway) belief would be.

While most the largest denominations use the trinity no all Christians are trinitarian. One example would be Jehovah's Witness, which believes God the Father, Jehovah is the one true God. With Jesus just being his only begotten son.

The concept of the Trinity started in the 2nd century believing in God, his word and his wisdom. Later in the 3rd century this changed to what we have today of the father, son and holy spirit.

The concept of the trinity much like purgatory is not stated in the Bible but rather nothing more than an interpretation to reconcile conflicting scripture.

If you mean dead people's souls going to heaven and becoming 'angels', there were none of those. The angels described in the bible are semi-divine spirit creatures that God created during the first days. One of them is commonly known as Satan. Some other angels joined his cause and became known as demons.

The passage in the Bible that is often pointed to as referring to Satan's fall actually has nothing to do with Satan. The passage is speaking of the Babylonian king.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

The concept of the Trinity started in the 2nd century believing in God, his word and his wisdom. Later in the 3rd century this changed to what we have today of the father, son and holy spirit.

The concept of the trinity much like purgatory is not stated in the Bible but rather nothing more than an interpretation to reconcile conflicting scripture.

Indeed. Trinitarianism was not exactly hammered out as standard church doctrine until centuries after Christ's death. Arianism, Adoptionism, such non-Trinitarian views were quite common in the earlier era of Christianity.

The passage in the Bible that is often pointed to as referring to Satan's fall actually has nothing to do with Satan. The passage is speaking of the Babylonian king.

Blaming Milton for that mostly...
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

If you're referring to Isaiah 14, then what of Luke 10:18 or Revelation 12:9? Both mention Satan falling directly.
Wyrzen
Wyrzen
325 posts
Peasant

....What exactly is the general topic of interest here.

It's gone from the usual 'let's discuss our religions' to 'let's rip apart each other's religions' to discussing random, unconnected aspects of christianity. Or whatnot.

Showing 76-90 of 140