ForumsWEPRReligion Poll

140 35310
Mickeyryn
Mickeyryn
276 posts
Shepherd

***I am a Catholic, and I know there are a lot of haters out there, so if you don't like me because I am a proud Catholic, you can leave.***

I am a proud Catholic (as it says above) .

This topic will be (hopefully) a vote to see what percentage of the users on ArmorGames are part of the following religions:
Christians,
Muslims,
Jews,
Buddhists,
Hindus, (and other religions) . I hope no one here will make fun of anyone else, and I respect anyone who is my religion, and/or who is a different religion then me.

Please list below in your comment if you are part of any of the religions placed above, and if you are part of a religion not placed above. No trolling people because of there religion. If I see it, you may be reported to a mod.

Thanks!
-Mickeyryn

• 140 Replies
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

....What exactly is the general topic of interest here.

That's what I asked on page 1. I still don't understand why this wasn't locked weeks ago.

It's gone from the usual 'let's discuss our religions' to 'let's rip apart each other's religions' to discussing random, unconnected aspects of christianity. Or whatnot.

There's a sort of natural progression to these things. In this case, people stated their religion at first via spam comments. Then, people started specifically saying what they believed. Then some people decided to ask them why, to which they gave a poor answer in the other person's opinion, to which the other person responded, and here we are now.
Wyrzen
Wyrzen
325 posts
Peasant

There's a sort of natural progression to these things. In this case, people stated their religion at first via spam comments. Then, people started specifically saying what they believed. Then some people decided to ask them why, to which they gave a poor answer in the other person's opinion, to which the other person responded, and here we are now.

I totally agree, this seems to be the general trend of these threads, so I don't know why they are continually created.

I'm sure some have good intentions, but it just doesn't work. Like, ever. The atheists and those with religion just won't get along. Period.

You made my day, my friend. Another rarity is people coming to an agreement on something on these threads, whether it be about Jesus or the color of watermelon.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Agnostic-theist.

The atheists and those with religion just won't get along.

I have friends who are atheists and we get along just fine. If a topic regarding religion comes up--which they rarely do because they never end--we talk about it civilly. You can't have that in this subforum. There are people who do take the civil approach, but it's generally "omg ur stupid cause you have religion!" "no im not!!! you just can't disprove it!", at least that's how I read them. It's mind numbing. A never ending circlejerk, if you will.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Have to agree with Ghost. I have had one or two discussion about a religious topic with friends of mine who are theists, and although we didn't really get to any conclusion, it was still interesting and civil. But you kinda need the direct contact, you sit down with someone to discuss and take your time, then it might work. Here on the forum it's more 'a la' drop by, leave a comment and off you go, or do several things at once, such stuff.

More on the topic of religion polling, what could be the country or place with the highest diversity of beliefs? Just a question that randomly crossed my head. I personally don't have a clue, though I'd guess any big city will be more diverse than the countryside.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

actually... i find myself getting along better with ateists then theists (even with the same religion). the fact i think with an open mind just makes it stupid to argue with an atheist.

i did have a few arguments (only one in real life though) with THEISTS and they usually ended with "im confused right now... let me think about it and ill come back with an answer". of course they never mentioned that again and neither did i because my goal isnt to make others feel bad about themselves.
Mickeyryn
Mickeyryn
276 posts
Shepherd

Ok. Quite a battle here.... I must do more counting though I really think no one cares about the results...

Wyrzen
Wyrzen
325 posts
Peasant

I didn't mean to generalize earlier.

I know that sitting down with your friends and having a good discussion is possible. I guess what I didn't make clear was that I was referring mostly to these forums.

On these forums everybody seems to have a closed mind regarding religion. Many theists shove their religion out there in people's faces while many atheists take every opportunity to rip any religion they find to shreds.

Now, I say many, because not everybody does this. However, this seems to be the most common occurrence, and I wish people would just discuss it civilly, or just trash religion threads altogether.

Sigh.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

If you're referring to Isaiah 14, then what of Luke 10:18 or Revelation 12:9? Both mention Satan falling directly.

You're right Luke and revelations do. I have to wonder if this come from the same revisions in the NT as they did with hell.
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

I find asking religious questions of oneself, particularly regarding Christianity, Catholicism, and Muslim, will make you sit around for ages, wasting time that could be spent on, say, a sandcastle. Or sandfortress, sandhouse, sanddwarvencity or sandOlympus.
All useful pastimes.

BritHennerz
BritHennerz
408 posts
Farmer

A lot of people have misspelt Catholic in this discussion.

I know quite a few people who are religious but the subject of religion doesn't really come up, apart from when we have arguments about how the Bible is contradictory in my religious studies class. There is a appalling view that atheists just go around, resentful about religion trying to make people stop believing (which is hypocritical as some very strict Christians did and still do that) but really there are so many people who call themselves Christians but don't go to church or prayer a lot which is basically what atheists are but will never prayer or believe in God.

I actually highly respect people with faith.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

It's funny, wasn't someone suppossed to be keeping track of all this?
+1 catholic

Now, I say many, because not everybody does this. However, this seems to be the most common occurrence, and I wish people would just discuss it civilly, or just trash religion threads altogether.

So.....so....so beautiful! *tear*
That's why I don't come to the WEPR section.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

I find asking religious questions of oneself, particularly regarding Christianity, Catholicism, and Muslim, will make you sit around for ages, wasting time that could be spent on, say, a sandcastle. Or sandfortress, sandhouse, sanddwarvencity or sandOlympus.
All useful pastimes.

What no SANDwich? Be gone with you!

Christians but don't go to church or prayer a lot which is basically what atheists are but will never prayer or believe in God.

Yes there are plenty of cultural Christians and this number does seem to be on the rise. Though I would have to disagree on the point that atheists would never believe in a God. All that is required is some objectively verifiable evidence supporting the claim. Of course if this being doesn't actually exist no such evidence could be presented in which case you would be correct for the most part. I say for the most part as atheists are still subject to false information and bias.

I actually highly respect people with faith.

You respect someone for believing something with out proof? Would you respect someone for believing that some guy they just met on vacation could sell them the Brooklyn Bridge as well?
Wyrzen
Wyrzen
325 posts
Peasant

You respect someone for believing something with out proof? Would you respect someone for believing that some guy they just met on vacation could sell them the Brooklyn Bridge as well?

So you're likening people like Mother Teresa to a gullible tourist? She had faith.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

What does religion have to do with sandwiches? I never understood that.

Wyrzen
Wyrzen
325 posts
Peasant

What does religion have to do with sandwiches? I never understood that.

Everything.

Didn't you know sandwiches are religion's babies? We're all to busy praying or whatever to go home and have real meals, so we slapped some random ingredients together and created the sandwich.

History lesson.
Showing 91-105 of 140