Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

The weather

Posted Jun 29, '12 at 2:02am

Darktroop07

Darktroop07

668 posts

It's so hot that it woke me up and I can't sleep now, I even have an air conditioner in my room. I brought up a fan and it's making it better, but I won't be able to sleep for a few hours.

Just let the lack of sleep do it's job once you close your eyes you won't remember a thing.
As for my ideal weather it would be foggy, and quite cold UK gloomy weather preferably.

Posted Jun 29, '12 at 4:01am

SSTG

SSTG

11,008 posts

Knight

Where I live (a fairly new neighborhood), the trees are not tall enough to shade the houses so they sit there, cooking. I must have 11 fans (including ceiling) the main air conditioner + two window units.
I stepped outside this afternoon to get my mail and it felt like a solar wind was enveloping me and then I burst in flame, well almost!
;)

Posted Jun 29, '12 at 9:33am

jeol

jeol

3,565 posts

So last night we had some rain... Crazy shenanigans. It was a thunderstorm. The rain was almost going horizontally and there was a ton of lightning. It was fun to watch, but also kind of annoying since it was smack in the middle of the night. I'm surprised I got up in time to close my window before my whole room was drenched... It was nice to have some rain after the dry spell, though.

Posted Jun 29, '12 at 10:40am

daleks

daleks

3,234 posts

So last night we had some rain

I wish we were getting rain. It is starting to feel like I am back in the desert.

Posted Jun 29, '12 at 10:51am

notinthepie3

notinthepie3

397 posts

Where my home is, the high is 108ºF today. Right now, though, I'm on a long vacation and the high is 83ºF. But, unfortunately, there's a fire somewhere around here (sagebrush fire, I think) and it has been REALLY smokey lately. The mornings are only relatively hazy, but getting into the late afternoon... at 4:00 pm it looked like 10:00 pm! The entire sky was filled with very thick black and dark orange smoke. Ashes piled up on our cars!!

Posted Jun 29, '12 at 11:08am

daleks

daleks

3,234 posts

I know that they have a bad fire in Colorado. The cadets going to the Air Force Academy had to be relocated. I don't remember where though. I think they are at a different college for now.

Posted Jul 1, '12 at 7:54pm

cjhall

cjhall

220 posts

There were huge thunderstorms in my state the last couple days. Where I live was the only county that got almost nothing. It is still really hot though, and another storm is headed our way tonight, I think.

Posted Jul 1, '12 at 8:00pm

SSTG

SSTG

11,008 posts

Knight

It's the third day with 112 F (with humidity). There should be a cool down on Tuesday with a freezing 97 F! ;)

Posted Jul 1, '12 at 10:43pm

soccerdude2

soccerdude2

1,588 posts

About the storms, Columbus got hit with some very big ones as well. Tree branches were all over the ground, and also I think 25% of the city lost power. Good thing I'm on vacation right now!

Posted Jul 1, '12 at 10:50pm

Thetrueepicone

Thetrueepicone

2 posts

Big power outage couple days ago in 90 degrees and up heat D: help us

Reply to The weather

You must be logged in to post a reply!