ForumsForum GamesDayZ (Forum Games Version)

46 8641
KolThePanda
KolThePanda
15 posts
Nomad

Hello everyone! This is KolThePanda, you can call me Kol for short, and This is my first RPG forum game.

I've never done this before, so we'll see how it turns out.

Storyline:
August 10, 2002
Ukraine

You are woken up by the sound of fire near you. You open your eyes, shocked to see your former home in ruins. You take a good long look at the pile of wood and concrete that was your home, still shocked about what has happened. "Is this a dream?" you say to yourself. As you walk outside, you find that your little home by the docks wasn't the only thing affected. Everything looks old and abandoned, as if a massacre had gone on 100 years ago. Behind an old rusty car you see what looks like a dead man; his back resting on the side of the car. You see his diary and pick it up. It reads:

November 2, 2000

Today the Horrid Zombies tried to break open the door and get into my safe-house, but luckily i made them extra strong and hid in the basement hoping if they do get in, they wouldn't find me. I'm trying to find someone else in this dead landscape who is trying to survive like me, but so far i have not had the courage the leave the safe-house. maybe tomorrow i will get my crowbar and head out...

November 3, 2000

I am finally ready to head out, i have food, water, my crowbar, and a torch in case i need it. I am scared, but it's either i stay in here and i die, or have a chance at finding someone out there. I've made my choice. Until next time,

~Gregor Watzchev

You now realize what this is all about. You have decide what to do. You must gear up. and be brave, and find some sort of comfort and new life in this undead civilization.

Character Sheet:
Please read the explanation before filling in the sheet.

Name:
Health: 100/100
Hunger 100/100
Thirst: 100/100
Visibility: 5/10
Armor: Sweater, Jeans
Hand item: Nothing
Inventory:
Slot 1: Nothing
Slot 2: Nothing
Money: $0
Tasks: None

Explanation:
Name: anything you choose
Experience: This is your experience, you gain experience from doing almost anything, and with more experience you can do more things such as karate moves, pickpocket, stealth, and much more. Keep this in mind when saying your actions because at level 1 you are very limited.
Health: your health, 100/100 being the most
Hunger: Your hunger, 100/100 being full
Thirst: same as above for thirst
Visibility: how well people or zombies can see you, which can be the
difference between life or death in some situations.
Armor: Your armor, keep in mind that a bulletproof vest may save you from a gun but zombies can tear it up quickly.
Hand item: The item in your hand. Usually a weapon. Later on with more EXP you can get 2 hand items at once.
Inventory: Starts with 3 slots, the inventory can store items, such as food and water, or weapons, and can increase through backpacks, and other mobile storage devices.
Status: your current health status, i.e. healthy, bleeding, sick etc.
Money: money is used to buy weapons, food, water, etc. however shops are scarce.
Tasks: these are your current tasks goals to proceed with the storyline.

Please copy and past your latest character sheet every time you post an action or play the game.

There is a lot more to explain, but instead of wasting your time reading all day, you should just get playing and figure them out on the way.

~KolThePanda

• 46 Replies
psychoman200
psychoman200
62 posts
Nomad

Name: Alex Torm
Experience: Level 1 0/0
Hunger 100/100
Inventory:

after reading that dairy i decide to go to the direction of the road and start walking

KolThePanda
KolThePanda
15 posts
Nomad

TIP: Foods have a certain Saturation level, or in other words, Foods have a different kind of level of how long they keep you full. Things like breads, And things low in nutrients feed you for less time, whereas something like a apple will feed you for longer. Bottom line: if you have a choice between meals, wither take them both or take the one with more saturation. (you can learn the better foods from playing the game more and getting a better feel.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Alec Rejrin
Experience: Level 2 9/10
Health: 45/100
Hunger 100/100
Visibility: 6/10
Hand item: Sawn off shotgun (Durability 9/10)
Inventory (bag):
Slot 1: Can of spam
Slot 2:
Slot 3: cloth
Slot 4: Kitchen knife(Durability: 2/10)
Slot 5: Painkillers (uses 3/10)
Slot 6:
Slot 7:
Slot 8:
Slot 9:
Slot 10:
Slot 11:
Money: $10

Haha, this is gonna be a long one, lots of action

You take a short snack on some Low Fat crackers, and 1/2 a bottle of water, and head on down the road. You come to an area of trees, and you seem to be leaving this little town. You realize that that's not such a good idea. You aren't quite prepared for it. So you head back, and Take a left turn on the next intersection. You find that it leads to a small marketplace, somewhere where you would buy things from many different little shops along both sides of the road. You go to the first one, and see that it's a grocery store. You go in, and find overgrown plants and the section with fruits and vegetables rotten and disgusting. You don't find anything interesting, and decide to head out. As you walk to the next store, You hear faint grumblings coming from somewhere near you. You ready your sawn off...

Suddenly a number of zombie come out of nowhere and you turn to run, but they are quicker than you. One zombie approaches and strikes you on the back of the head. you immediately realize that these zombies are much faster and more agile than any of the others you have previously seen. You fall to the ground, and the Zombie starts to rip your shirt apart, and makes many gashes into your stomach. You try to fight back, but it has you on the floor, a position where you are not able to move. you hit it with the sawn off, and it sways back, But then lashes out and knocks you unconscious.

You awaken to the sound of gunfire, Your eyes blotched with blood, and you can't seem to move; you are too wounded to move a muscle. Out of the corner of your eye, You can see a zombie being shot multiple times in the head and chest, and you start Blacking out, slowly... slowly...

You wake up again, to the sound of someone rocking you gently to wake you up. You slowly open your eyes, and see a man crouching. You are in a different place, somewhere in a building. You are laying upright, and can see your wound bandaged with bandages, and the man talks to you.

"Are you alright?" he asks.

"Ye... Yes" You answer, the word hurts as it comes out.

"Don't talk, Your mouth has been scratched up pretty badly, but it'll be fine. My name is Peter Watzchev and I am Gregor Watzchev's son. I see you've taken his diary with you. He... died, didn't he? Well, that's what you can expect in this world. In any case, I'm here to help you. The only way we can survive Is to Work together. We're in a safe place now, And when you're healed, we'll get a move on. I'll bring you food every day, So don't worry. Here, for now." He gives you a bottle of water to drink, and 1/2 a loaf of bread. You eat them Quickly and Thank him as best you can.

(I should really think about shortening my book-long posts here)

+ 5/10 EXP!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Experience: Level 1 2/10
Hunger 100/100
Hand item: Bandage Knife (durability 9/10)
Inventory:
Slot 1: Bandage
Slot 2: Healing ointment (uses 10/10)

You head down the road, and See a small little hut with a few medical supplies in it. it seems to be a small rejuvenation center for people in need of medical attention.

+ 1 bandage
+ 1 Healing ointment
+ 1 Knife (for cutting bandages)
+ 2/10 EXP

ParkerD1313
ParkerD1313
125 posts
Nomad

Experience: Level 2 9/10
Health: 45/100
Hunger 100/100
Hand item: Sawn off shotgun (Durability 9/10)
Inventory (bag):
Slot 2:
Slot 5: Painkillers (uses 3/10)
Slot 6:
Slot 7:
Slot 8:
Slot 9:
Slot 10:
Slot 11:
Money: $10

I grope for my bag, trying not to move too much, and attempt to locate the painkillers so I can take one.

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

If there is any room left, I'd like to join. I've read what happens in the beginning. Also, is the clothing/armor just for combat reasons only, or does weather affect the character?

Name: Keith Gruber
Hunger 100/100
Inventory:

psychoman200
psychoman200
62 posts
Nomad

Hunger 100/100
Inventory:

after taking that stuff i restart walking to see if i could find a small village

KolThePanda
KolThePanda
15 posts
Nomad

New Addition!: There is a new addition to the game! I've decided to spruce up the game by just a bit and add tiredness. Tiredness affects the way you do certain tasks and your focus. The only way to lower your tiredness rate is to sleep. (0/100 is fully awake, no tired, 100/100 is so tired that you just faint and fall asleep.)

TIP: (Courtesy of Veksing) Different pieces of clothing both act as armor, and also can be a customize for your character. Sometimes, if you dress up in things such as camouflage, then you can blend in and have armor. Or, if you dress up as a Military officer, people might have a different reaction towards you when they see you.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Experience: Level 3 3/10
Health: 90/100
Hunger 100/100
Tiredness: 10/100
Hand item: Sawn off shotgun (Durability: 9/10)
Inventory (bag):
Slot 2: Bottle of Gatorade
Slot 5: Painkillers (uses 2/10)
Slot 6: Swiss Army knife (Durability: 9/10)
Slot 7: Packaged salad
Slot 8: Small box of breakfast cereal (uses: 4)
Slot 9:
Slot 10:
Slot 11:
Money: $35

You reach for your painkillers, and take one. after about 15 minutes you feel some sort of relief, and your pain is numbed. about 30 more minutes go by, as you lay, healing. When Peter finally returns, you are glad to see him.

"How are you?" he asks.
"I'm... Doing great.." you try to say
"You don't look so well. Here, have some soup."

He quickly warms up the near dead fire that he had burning near you to keep you warm, and it starts burning normally again. He heats up the canned soup, and although not the tastiest thing in the world, it's something. You gobble up the meal and thank him. He grabs your bag and looks through it. He puts some more food and Swiss army knife into it. "This is for you," he says.

A few days go by when you are finally ready to sit up, then stand, then finally walk. The day comes when you are able to move about, and function again. You thank the man, and he explains that you should stick together for more safety. You agree, and then head on.

You exit what looks like a safe house, windows barred, door made of steel. You see Peter in front of you, wearing light body armor and a assault rifle. You seem to be in the middle of a 19th century style city, with all the buildings overgrown and multiple storied high. The streets are packed together tightly between the buildings, and there is a right and left side of the street. In front of you there is what looks like an old theater, which Peter explains is the Edwards cinema. You now decide where to go.

+ 1 Swiss Army Knife!
+ 1 Bottle of Gatorade!
+ 1 Packaged Salad!
+ 1 Small box of Cereal!
+ $25!
+ 4/10 EXP!
LEVEL UP!

Hunger 100/100
Tiredness: 0/100
Inventory:

Hello, and Welcome! As for your question, different pieces of clothing both act as armor, and also can be a customize for your character. Sometimes, if you dress up in things such as camouflage, then you can blend in and have armor. Or, if you dress up as a Military officer, people might have a different reaction towards you when they see you.

Also, If you've read the Beginning, start your game by stating an action

Hunger 100/100
Tiredness: 25/100
Inventory:

You head along the road in search of a town, and after 3 hours of walking, the road ends in a small military camp, which seems to be abandoned. Maybe this could be a good place to stay for the night.

ParkerD1313
ParkerD1313
125 posts
Nomad

Experience: Level 3 3/10
Hunger 100/100
Hand item: Sawn off shotgun (Durability: 9/10)
Inventory (bag):
Slot 9:
Slot 10:
Slot 11:
Money: $35

I hold up the shotgun- "I need ammo...I'd rather not have to use it as a club. Is there a safe place to get any?

KolThePanda
KolThePanda
15 posts
Nomad

Primary Tasks and Secondary Tasks: Primary Tasks are missions that you might get from people, items, clues, and/or curiosity. Primary Tasks are the quests that are more important, and can lead to greater rewards, or other primary tasks along the story-line that i make up, but are usually harder than other Tasks. Secondary Tasks are side quests that are less hard, but might involve other aspects such as puzzles, and minor rewards.

Experience: Level 3 8/15
Hunger 100/100
Hand item: Sawn off shotgun (Durability: 10/10) (Ammo: 2)
Inventory (bag):
Slot 9: Wood detailing knife
Slot 10:
Slot 11:
Money: $55
Tasks:
Primary Objective:
Locate the Power storage device to help the uninfected refugee camp.

He replies, "I don't have any on me right now for that type of gun... Hm, let's see. It's an old one, we might be able to find some at the pawnshop down by the harbor."

You go to the old abandoned pawnshop, and find that is it a mess house, with papers, and wood wood planks everywhere. You find an exact replica of your shotgun mounted on the wall. However, it seems as if it's the only one, and you can't find any ammo around the place either. You give up searching for bullets, but luckily for you, your friend has lots of experience in foraging and looking for materials, and he takes the shotgun off of the wall and examines it. Yep, it's loaded. Pristine condition, too. You throw your old gun out for the same one, but better.

You also find an old note on the wall, which has the date of July 15, 2002. This, your friend tells you, is a year and a few months before the outbreak of the zombie disease started. It reads:

Dear Francisco,
I just wanted to tell you that we've made a very fortified compound at the abandoned warehouse over at 5th street that we found earlier. It's a refugee camp for all who are willing to come together and live. It's safe. You should make your way over here as soon as possible. I need you, however, to bring me your power storage unit that you found in that military stockade, and Bring it here to the warehouse. we barely have enough power left, and if we loose power, we loose the lights, and the 2 freezing units we have for food. I hope you get here soon.
Sincerely, Dave

You feel hope that there is someone else besides just the two of you here in this world. You are also alarmed that people's lives are at stake, so you Quickly tally up what you have to do. You can't seem to find anything that looks somewhat like a power storage device, but you open a door to a small storage closet and find a dead man's body. He seems to have been stabbed in the stomach. he has a diary spread open to the last page, somewhat covered in blood. It reads:

I cannot stand it any longer... There's too many of them...
The voices... they're coming for me... COMING FOR.. me...

The rest is blood stains, and you realize that this man is Francisco from the letter. You decide to take action. The power storage device isn't here. Before, you leave, you take a bit of useful materials.

+ 5/10 EXP!
+ New Primary Quest!
+ Sawn-off showtgun (10/10 durability)
+ 2 Shotgun Ammo
+ Wood detailing knife
+ $20

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

ParkerD1313
ParkerD1313
125 posts
Nomad

Experience: Level 3 8/15
Hunger 100/100
Inventory (bag):
Slot 10:
Slot 11:
Tasks:
Primary Objective:

"We need to find this. Maybe we can use it to trade for supplies or something?"

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

Hunger 100/100
Tiredness: 0/100
Inventory:

Thanks! And also, I use italicized text to show what my character is thinking, so you could better understand whats on my, or the characters mind so your not so much of a stranger to it, if that makes any sense. xD

Behind an old rusty car you see what looks like a dead man; his back resting on the side of the car. You see his diary and pick it up to read it.

After this, I stuff it into a pocket in my sweater to hold onto it to maybe use it as my own and to write in it. Maybe writing about this mess will keep me sane and not so lonely, if it has any pages that is, but now's not the time to be thinking about that. I look around for an item, preferably something sharp, and then I investigate the corpse lying beside the car.
KolThePanda
KolThePanda
15 posts
Nomad

TIP: It's not a bad idea to

Experience: Level 3 14/15
Hunger 80/100
Thirst: 75/100
Tiredness: 25/100
Inventory (bag):
Slot 10:
Slot 11:
Tasks:
Primary Objective:
Secondary Objective:
Locate the man who murdered Fransisco.

You Tell Peter that we need to find the device described in the letter. You think about the situation. Where would something like this be? There must be some clues here as to where it was taken. You look around for a little bit, and look at the dead body of the man you found in the pawn shop. You find that something from the scene is missing: the Weapon that the man allegedly killed himself with. If the weapon isn't here, that must mean that either the man killed himself, and someone came along and stole the weapon, or Someone murdered this man and set him up so that it looked like he killed himself. If this is the case, the killer obviously wasn't very good at making a fake crime scene. But you decide that it's probably a killer, because why would someone who stumbled upon the dead man's body steal the knife and nothing else? There was money, Food...

There is a faint blood trail leading from the man's body outside of the pawnshop and onward. The killer may have gotten wounds from the man before killing him, or it may just be the blood of the victim that got stuck on the killer's shoe. This might be the way that the killer went, it's a good idea to follow the trail.

+ 6 EXP (Detective work!)
+ Secondary Objective!

Hunger 90/100
Thirst: 90/100
Tiredness: 5/100
Visibility: 4/10
Hand item: Flare (Life: 20/20)
Inventory:
Slot 1: Healing Ointment (uses: 10/10)
Slot 2: Lighter (uses: 3/20)
Money: $12

Hey, No problem! And it does help me to understand what your character is thinking, so that I can make up a more interesting and detailed story line for you! The more i learn of your character's personality, the more choices I can anticipate he will make.

You decide to take diary notes whenever you're in a safe location with time on your hands.

You look around for something sharp, but there is nothing here that could be used as a weapon or that is of any use to you. Then you search the corpse. Gregor Watzchev has a small container of healing ointment, brand new. He also has a flare, that can be used at night for lighting. you also find a fire lighter, but you check it's fuel and it's almost run out. You also find $12.

(Tip: When a flare is lit, It's durability goes down every post you make as long as it's lit.

+ +3 EXP!
+ Healing Ointment (Uses: 10/10)
+ Lighter uses 3/20
+ $12!

KolThePanda
KolThePanda
15 posts
Nomad

Oops, I forgot to finish that Tip there. The tip of the Day is:

TIP: It's a good idea to look at other people's story line and learn from them, to help yours. It's also a good idea to look for this Daily tip Every post i make. You can find the complete List of tips at my user page:
KolThePanda

Have fun!

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

Hunger 90/100
Inventory:

After wiping off a satisfied smile, I decide to take things more seriously and I analyze anything and everything around me (if your fine with posting a lot of things), like roads, buildings, or perhaps any other type of landmark.

KolThePanda
KolThePanda
15 posts
Nomad

TIP: Some items can give you additional information. for example, a watch can give you a time reading, and a map can lead you to a destination.

Sorry for not replying for about a week, I was sick, and then I was waiting for other people to post.

Hunger 90/100
Inventory:

You are standing on a road, near a car that the old man is lying on. To the left and right there is plains and rolling hills, with tall grasses and plants. there seems to be some sort of small train track to your left, Just showing on the horizon. there is nothing to your left that you can see, except for the hills and grasses, and of course, the road.

evanas
evanas
28 posts
Nomad

Name: Evanas SureWright
Hunger 100/100
Inventory:

sorry I haven't been on in a while......
I have been doing a lot of stuff lately.....

so.... i search the Trash Can.
*thinks: i wonder what is in there....*

Showing 31-45 of 46