Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

What did you learn today?

Posted Nov 1, '12 at 1:03am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,277 posts

I learned that a tree was uprooted due to Sandy...and in the roots of the tree was a skeleton (a real one)

I also learned that my girl and I could so make a band The Bunny The Bear style...me doing scream/growling vocals, her doing clean vocals. Gotta make this happen >_>

Posted Nov 1, '12 at 1:22am

Ernie15

Ernie15

12,548 posts

Knight

The Bunny The Bear style...me doing scream/growling vocals, her doing clean vocals.

Mouth & MacNeal was doing it before it was cool.

(Is it even cool?)

Posted Nov 1, '12 at 2:41am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,277 posts

Mouth & MacNeal was doing it before it was cool.

Very funny Ernie -_- haha though...I think we may have different definitions of screaming/growling apparently =p

(Is it even cool?)

Psh...Idunknow. But I've always wanted to be in a band...but I can't sing at all (yet I can do scream/growl vocals)..so I'll make it cool

Posted Nov 1, '12 at 7:55pm

SSTG

SSTG

10,887 posts

Knight

I learned that I can still spell my name while burping! xD

Posted Nov 1, '12 at 9:28pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

12,548 posts

Knight

I think we may have different definitions of screaming/growling

Mostly growling coming from Mouth (the hairy one), but it's a playful growl and it's subtly hidden in his voice.

I learned that Google Instant has stopped working for me. Either I turned it off on accident or it's just not available at this time. I really don't care if I can't use it, but has anyone else experienced this recently?

Posted Nov 1, '12 at 9:52pm

Minotaur55

Minotaur55

1,248 posts

Knight

I learned something fun, I learned that the US Embassy in Iran was taken over by the Iranians in the past. I hope I got that right...  well anyways, thanks to  Daleks, I now know this. Huzza!

Posted Nov 2, '12 at 7:52pm

Balloon__Girl

Balloon__Girl

193 posts

I learned something fun, I learned that the US Embassy in Iran was taken over by the Iranians in the past. I hope I got that right...  well anyways, thanks to  Daleks, I now know this. Huzza!

Yes, and the Canadian embassy managed to smuggle some of the Americans that avoided capture out of Iran by giving them Canadian passports. :D

Also, I learned today that the Canadian Hemlock tree produces the smallest pinecone.

Posted Nov 2, '12 at 10:04pm

Minotaur55

Minotaur55

1,248 posts

Knight

Today I learned how to properly make Ethanol. I have had a lot of failures in the past. The trick is, to have a 1:2 of water and sugar. I hope it works out this time...

Posted Nov 2, '12 at 11:08pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

12,548 posts

Knight

I learned how much easier GIMP is to use than MS Paint. It may just be that GIMP is far more advanced a program with a much wider variety of features, but anything I make using GIMP looks a thousand times better than anything I make in MS Paint. I can't seem to make anything non-pixely in Paint.

Posted Nov 3, '12 at 12:30am

VonHeisenbourg

VonHeisenbourg

215 posts

I learned that lesbian in the 1590s, was defined: "pertaining to the island of Lesbos," from L. Lesbius, from Gk. lesbios "of Lesbos," Greek island in northeastern Aegean Sea (the name originally may have meant "wooded"), home of Sappho, great lyric poet whose erotic and romantic verse embraced women as well as men, hence meaning "relating to homosexual relations between women"

Link

Reply to What did you learn today?

You must be logged in to post a reply!