ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2141 257747
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,428 posts
Herald

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,141 Replies
Scarlet53
Scarlet53
167 posts
Farmer

I learned how to make home made pizza!!

Balloon__Girl
Balloon__Girl
214 posts
Blacksmith

I learned how we haven't run out of SSN numbers yet, despite the fact that we have many more people around than digits in a SSN number.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,428 posts
Herald

I learned that when a Google search is done for "what did you learn today", this thread comes up as a result on the fifth page.

I prefer searching for "most bizarre food flavors", where my thread comes up as the sixth result on the first page and many of the top image results.

Arm_Candy
Arm_Candy
725 posts
Herald

@gumption is our newest knight. Nicolas Cage is no longer on the About Armor Games page, but he will always hold a special place in our hearts.

trigon123
trigon123
1,251 posts
Constable

What!? @gumption is no longer an admin??? WHY?

Arm_Candy
Arm_Candy
725 posts
Herald
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,250 posts
Treasurer

I learned this on Monday but, you can clog a toilet with an orange. I can't wait to try that in school.

SportShark
SportShark
2,901 posts
Bard

I learned the Yiddish word for someones a--.

KatPryde
KatPryde
3,210 posts
Jester

I learned to save often when playing video games. -grumble grumble-

(Though I had wanted to re-do something anyway. So it worked out.)

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,428 posts
Herald

I learned that every once in a while, the peanut inside of a Peanut M&M is burnt. If they could be consistent about it, they could easily market Smoky Peanut M&Ms.

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,303 posts
Blacksmith

I learned that I am still not a knight yet there are two mods that have been promoted to admin.

;_;

SSTG
SSTG
12,677 posts
Templar

I learned this.

I wish I had learned how to program when I was 14, 15 yo. I feel like I missed something big. That's the reason why I'm so fascinated by the Amiga community. Man those guys have so much fun!

Next year I'll be a middle aged man. The closest I ever been to computers was when I was building little devices on PCB boards using parts bought at Radio Shack that I dropped in my backpack and rode to my friends house on my bike (Summer, Fall and Winter) and spent evenings putting all these pieces together. What a waste.

SportShark
SportShark
2,901 posts
Bard

I learned that I should not pour muriatic acid with ungloved hands. D=
Not to worry, I'll heal.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,250 posts
Treasurer

I 'learned' rules in school today. Although I did learn them, that doesn't exactly mean I'm going to follow them.

Oh yeah and I learned that since one of the elementary schools were shutdown this year, the whole bus system changed.

emoreper769
emoreper769
2 posts
Scribe

I learned that Armor Games has some severe problems when it comes to posting new games on the website. (That are actually good)

Showing 2011-2025 of 2141