ForumsForum GamesHeroes vs. Villains {RPG}

224 37010
Unkown
Unkown
958 posts
Nomad

SO

This is an RPG that was once somewhat popular in these parts, so I decided to start it up again. Credit for the idea goes to whoever started it (don't remember the name).

2015. In less than a decade, over 15 unique wars have already happened. The world has become more and more violent, and the need for new weapons has become necessary. And so, the top scientists from a few of the world's major countries got together and created an antibody, to be used as a biological. However, the antibody had a variety of different effects on humans, and now these "infected" people have become known as superhumans. One of the most important facts though, is that you are one of them.

Will you use your powers for good, or evil? Using your powers, you can do anything you want. Make a name for yourself as a superhero, become the newest on the world government's wanted list, or simply keep them a secret and go about your life? You decide. However, a word of advice: beware the W.S.E.T.

Name: (Anything you want, 2 to 3 words, try not to make it over 2 characters in all)
Nickname: (What most people call you, can be your own hero/villain stage name, or just a casual, friendly nickname you have)
Age: (17 to 70 years old, please don't have any "immortal" powers)
Affiliation: (Hero or villian; you can even be neither if you want: mercenary, neutral person, etc.)
Power: (Can be anything really, but don't make it too overpowered: it must have a weakness, and it must not be able to destroy a town or wipe out the military)
Health: 100/100
Stamina: 100/100
Hunger: 100/100
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Description: (Height, body build, weight, hair, eyes, etc., doesn't have to be that specific, just describe your character however you want)
Bio: (A short description of how the player got their powers (Unless they don't have them yet), where they're from, etc.)
Personality: (Basically how the hero/villain reacts to most things, likes/dislikes, etc.)
Honor: (basically how honorable people think you are: if you're a backstabbing traitor, then enemies will go at you full force, while if you give people last requests, admit defeat, etc., then people won't be as fearful of you, and enemies might be more lenient about taking you down.
Reputation: (How well you are known: the higher your reputation, the better gifts you'll receive, but you'll also draw more attention from the enemy)
Fame: (How you are known, basically how good or bad people think you are)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Money: $500 (What do you think it's used for? XP)
Clothing: (Anything you want, as long as it doesn't increase your physical or mental state)
Weapons: None (Anything that you can use for fighting, besides your powers; you can give yourself one signature or weak weapon, but don't make it too powerful)
Equipment: None (Items that can help you in different ways, such as flashlights, bullet-proof vests, rope, etc.)
Aid: None (Any food, drink or drug that can help you)
Other: None (Just, well, random stuff...)

You can pick on of these storylines to start off with:
A) You wake up in a dark alley at about noon, can't remember anything from last night.
B) You wake up in the small, one story apartment in which you live in, to the sounds of knocking on the door, and people yelling outside.
C) You wake up in a small concrete room, tied to a chair with nothing else but a table in front of you with a chair and door on the other side.
D) You wake up at a campsite in a forest in the middle of the night, with nothing but trees around you.
E) Make up your own intro (Can be anything you want, as long as it's something that's either normal or expected from a superhuman).

I shall respond to the first players tomorrow.

• 224 Replies
ArgamenPhish
ArgamenPhish
698 posts
Nomad

Name: Argamen Phish
Nickname: Argamen Phish
Affiliation: Undecided
Power: Its a vague term that means I can do things with my mind. I can sometimes boil water, suggest things telepathically, move object, and read peoples minds.
Description: Tall, lean, short purple spiked hair.
Bio: Grew up in small town. My father died in the war. My Mother died of a broken heart a year later. Its just me and my sister. I've noticed I can do things lately. Usually it's an accident like if I'm reaching for something it slowly moves toward me. I have been having a lot of trouble controlling it. Every so often I get lucky and a little something happens. Not much but something.
Personality: Narcissistic, Passionate, Depressive, Caring. Loves Cats and has two.
Honor: 0
Fame: 0
Money: $500
Clothing: Trench coat, cargo shorts, purple tshirt, trainers, fishhat
Weapons: A 5lb bow that I am linked to
Equipment: None
Aid: None
Other: None

I go to the fire.

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

Name: Zinnaora Pendragon
Nickname: Dark Lady Wolf (Heroic title) or Zin(by friends and family)
Affiliation: Hero
Power: Shadow/darkness manipulation
Health: 70/100
Stamina: 95/100
Hunger: 65/100
Description: She is of average height and weight for a 23 year old. She is built like a man when it comes to the muscles and shoulders. She has black hair that is wavy and kept short. Her eyes are a midnight blue and her skin has the color of someone who loves to be outdoors.
Bio: Zinnaora's mom is a human, and her dad comes from a long line of knights. Neither parent expected their daughter to be born with powers. This made growing up hard for not only was Zinnaora teased for obvious things but also for her powers. This drove her to be the hero that she is now. Zinnaora has been fighting evil for the last six years under the name of Dark Lady Wolf.
Personality: Loyal, easy to anger, playful, quiet, smart
Honor: 2
Money: $175
Clothing: Tan hiking boots, camouflaged shirt and pants (w/ a simple leather belt), a necklace that has the fang of a wolf on it and a cross
Weapons: Antique samurai sword, pepper spray, pocket knife, switchblade
Equipment: 5 ft. of rope

Now that the job is done I search the area and then head back up so I can report back to the one who gave me the job.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

Name: Blue Wing
Nickname: Blue
Affiliation: Neutral
Power: Animal communication
Stamina: 85/100
Hunger: 90/100
Description: Short, skinny, light, long black hair, Black eyes.
Bio: he was always nice and friendly but somehow also different. didnt have a good relationship with his family and was considered the black sheep. hopes to find some friends he can love and trust.
Personality: Gentle, shy, quiet, calm, likes animals and nature. Different from most people and even though he's friendly, he bonds better with animals.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Clothing: T-shirt, jeans
Weapons: None

"ok" i nod and follow him

Unkown
Unkown
958 posts
Nomad

Name: Alan White
Nickname: Shadow knight
Power: The ability to transform into a knight, raven and wolf. He also has the weapon the knights use (Sword/shield, or bow/quiver)
Description: 5"4, lean, 140, brown, bluish-green, Caucasian skin
Bio: Alan was a normal teen-age boy who found him self in the wrong place at the wrong time. He was living in Washington state at the time before he got his ability to transform. He was walking home from his old job at McDonald's when he was grabbed by the military. He was gagged and blinded-folded and throw into the back of the military hummer, where they drove to a undisclosed location. They inject the anti-body into him and put him in a cell, to wait for the effects to activate. When the effect to hold they came back and saw a wolf in the cell, they were about to call him a fail when a doctor said he changed again. They went back to the cell and saw a raven in the there. After that they decided to wait to see what else he would do an he did his third transformation, where they saw a knight in black and silver armor in the cell. But this form had weapons which were us to escape. Now he is living New York, hoping to forget what had happened to him.
Personality: Kind, smart, honorable, hate those you endanger the defenseless.
Clothing: Black shirt, Black jeans, running shoes.
Weapons: Pocket knife (for use when he is not in any of his forms)
Equipment: Flash light, black leather wallet, a watch, backpack.
Aid: Canned tuna (5x)
Other: Car keys (Grunj's), DS, DS charger

The man smiles at this, and puts the gun down, placing it in his belt. "Alright, so you are the one. Sorry about that, I had to make sure that you were the man we were looking for, and not some government spy." He approaches you.

Name: Charlie Hewitt
Nickname: None
Power: Biological structure manipulation
Description: 6'1, scrawny, black hair, blue eyes, pale skin
Bio: Charlie was originally a US Marine, straight out of Germantown, Pennsylvania. However, half of his unit was killed during a surprise attack. A suicide bomber had exploded on the gate killing four men. A large group of hostiles had entered through the gate, causing a large fire-fight. Afterwards, Charlie was nearly killed, and injected with the antibody to save his life.
Personality: Good-natured, talkative, easily-angered, (gotta love those Germans) and he doesn't like snobs or brats.
Fame: 2
Money: $498
Clothing: Black hoodie, black jeans, black shoes.

You go to the nearest restaurant, less than a block away and order a small meal for $2, consuming it and feeling slightly better afterwords. Now what?

Nickname: N/A
Power: Psionic powers
Bio: Grew up in small town. My father died in the war. My Mother died of a broken heart a year later. Its just me and my sister. I've noticed I can do things lately. Usually it's an accident like if I'm reaching for something it slowly moves toward me. I have been having a lot of trouble controlling it. Every so often I get lucky and a little something happens. Not much but something.
Personality: Narcissistic, Passionate, Depressive, Caring. Loves Cats and has two.

((Alright, I'll just put psionic powers by itself. I'll inform you later on if any feat you perform is unacceptable.))

You go to the end of the alley, and enter the parking lot located there. Scattered around said parking lot you can see a few tough-looking men drinking alcohol and conversing with eachother. What do you do?

Description: She is of average height and weight for a 23 year old. She is built like a man when it comes to the muscles and shoulders. She has black hair that is wavy and kept short. Her eyes are a midnight blue and her skin has the color of someone who loves to be outdoors.
Bio: Zinnaora's mom is a human, and her dad comes from a long line of knights. Neither parent expected their daughter to be born with powers. This made growing up hard for not only was Zinnaora teased for obvious things but also for her powers. This drove her to be the hero that she is now. Zinnaora has been fighting evil for the last six years under the name of Dark Lady Wolf.
Money: $275
Clothing: Tan hiking boots, camouflaged shirt and pants (w/ a simple leather belt), a necklace that has the fang of a wolf on it and a cross
Other: Handgun ammo (32)

You look around and find no more rats, though you are lucky enough to see a safe with a broken lock, in which you find $100 and a box of handgun ammunition.

Bio: he was always nice and friendly but somehow also different. didnt have a good relationship with his family and was considered the black sheep. hopes to find some friends he can love and trust.
Personality: Gentle, shy, quiet, calm, likes animals and nature. Different from most people and even though he's friendly, he bonds better with animals.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He leads you through a few tunnels and up to a locked metal door. He motions for you to be silent and then unlocks it and heads inside, you following close behind. You seem to be in a large sewer tunnel. He quietly and slowly leads you through it, and then stops, pointing at a small black mass just ahead. He whispers to you, "That there's a known rat nest. See if you can do anything to them. I'll stay behind, and if anything bad happens, just come on back and I'll fight 'em off."

shadowgun453
shadowgun453
2,463 posts
Farmer

Name: Alan White
Nickname: Shadow knight
Power: The ability to transform into a knight, raven and wolf. He also has the weapon the knights use (Sword/shield, or bow/quiver)
Description: 5"4, lean, 140, brown, bluish-green, Caucasian skin
Bio: Alan was a normal teen-age boy who found him self in the wrong place at the wrong time. He was living in Washington state at the time before he got his ability to transform. He was walking home from his old job at McDonald's when he was grabbed by the military. He was gagged and blinded-folded and throw into the back of the military hummer, where they drove to a undisclosed location. They inject the anti-body into him and put him in a cell, to wait for the effects to activate. When the effect to hold they came back and saw a wolf in the cell, they were about to call him a fail when a doctor said he changed again. They went back to the cell and saw a raven in the there. After that they decided to wait to see what else he would do an he did his third transformation, where they saw a knight in black and silver armor in the cell. But this form had weapons which were us to escape. Now he is living New York, hoping to forget what had happened to him.
Personality: Kind, smart, honorable, hate those you endanger the defenseless.
Clothing: Black shirt, Black jeans, running shoes.
Weapons: Pocket knife (for use when he is not in any of his forms)
Equipment: Flash light, black leather wallet, a watch, backpack.
Aid: Canned tuna (5x)
Other: Car keys (Grunj's), DS, DS charger

I change back to my human form, "That kind of explains the reason for shooting at me. Who are you anyway? Grunj failed to mention your name to me."

trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

Name: Charlie Hewitt
Nickname: None
Power: Biological structure manipulation
Description: 6'1, scrawny, black hair, blue eyes, pale skin
Bio: Charlie was originally a US Marine, straight out of Germantown, Pennsylvania. However, half of his unit was killed during a surprise attack. A suicide bomber had exploded on the gate killing four men. A large group of hostiles had entered through the gate, causing a large fire-fight. Afterwards, Charlie was nearly killed, and injected with the antibody to save his life.
Personality: Good-natured, talkative, easily-angered, (gotta love those Germans) and he doesn't like snobs or brats.
Fame: 2
Money: $498
Clothing: Black hoodie, black jeans, black shoes.

Well, that was short-lived. Anyways, there's nothing more I can do about the apartment. I head over to the PD station. Something about him dodging me that quickly tells me he ain't normal.

ArgamenPhish
ArgamenPhish
698 posts
Nomad

Nickname: N/A
Power: Psionic powers

((Alright, I'll just put psionic powers by itself. I'll inform you later on if any feat you perform is unacceptable.))

Thanks tha'ts usually the best way.

I walk to the nearest group and start listening to thoughts.
StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

Money: $275
Other: Handgun ammo (32)

I leave the place to report to the one who gave me the job.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

"ok. ill try"

i get closer to the rats and stay a safe distance away. i crouch, looking at them thinking they are cute and reach out one of my arms.

i say with a smile "hello, please come to me come to me"

shadowgun453
shadowgun453
2,463 posts
Farmer

bump

shadowgun453
shadowgun453
2,463 posts
Farmer

bump

shadowgun453
shadowgun453
2,463 posts
Farmer

bump.

Bluydee
Bluydee
3,426 posts
Nomad

Name: Ransing Bluyd
Nickname: The Emperor
Affiliation: Villain
Power: Body is made of sand/Sand manipulation
Description: 5"6, Thin, white hair, yellow eyes, "sandy" skin.
Bio: Ransing always had his powers. He never remembers getting them, he just felt it from the start. He was a freak and a loner in school. He was always picked on until one day, he snapped, proceeding to use the playground sandbox to kill his entire class. It was then he decided to embrace his monster. After all, turning the world into his sandy wasteland would be worth it.
Personality: Complete monster. While giving off a calm, cold persona, his inner self is just a compulsion to kill all in his way.
Honor: Kills all of his enemies, no regrets or remorse.
Fame: None
Clothing: A tan, beige trench coat.

B

shadowgun453
shadowgun453
2,463 posts
Farmer

Bump, this is going to be my last one unless Unknown posts again in this month.

Showing 211-224 of 224