ForumsSupport ForumGreat Glob of Glitchiness!

67 7826
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Ok, so, we all know there are 50 bajillion glitches out there right now, and I want to isolate them into one thread. Tell me what glitches you've encountered, whether big or small. Tell me what they did, how long they lasted, how to fix them, and what you think of them.

This is what I have so far:
-"Rogue Glitch"
-Forums not showing threads (example)
-Threads not showing posts
-Threads showing all pages when trying to access them ("You're banned" thread does it sometimes)
-Cache not updating (new threads/posts don't show up)

I could say some more, but I gotta go right now.

• 67 Replies
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

You know there's a problem when this thread says 'Oops'.

skydragon720
skydragon720
343 posts
Nomad

i found one where you click on athread and it says, " Oops! That page does not exist!" it has happened to me twice.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Today I've noticed a couple new benign but unusual glitches...

1. The online/offline dot has been a bit off today... I'll click on my page and see that the dot is red when I'm online, and then refresh the page only to find that the dot is still red. Not really a problem but still something worth taking note of.

2. Every now and then, a profile will revert back to an earlier state, as in, what the AP and statistical count looked like maybe an hour ago. Again, not something that necessarily needs to be fixed, but definitely notable at the least!

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,746 posts
King

1. The online/offline dot has been a bit off today... I'll click on my page and see that the dot is red when I'm online, and then refresh the page only to find that the dot is still red. Not really a problem but still something worth taking note of.

I asked boppins the very same thing a while ago Skeleton_Pilot... he told me that it has a slight delay (10 sec or so) and might not turn when refreshing straight away...

2. Every now and then, a profile will revert back to an earlier state, as in, what the AP and statistical count looked like maybe an hour ago. Again, not something that necessarily needs to be fixed, but definitely notable at the least!

Really?! Never saw that one before... hmmm... seems like another code problem there! Could be as simple as an alteration of the dates in one's profile though... =/

---

As for myself... I don't know if it is mentioned in this thread before... but I was reminded of a glitch that has been roaming the website for wuite some time (all the way back to 2009) and I kept on forgetting to add this to the list Salvidin made! (O.o)

It is a fairly simple glitch that only occurs in the forums and on one's user control panel...

I discovered it when making the Heavy Metal sign in text and saw that the backslash was showing up as a doubled version, even though I only typed one single \\ in the original version...
It will also add one extra \\ to the one I typed in my profile control panel where I used the Heavy Metal hand as well and every time I would refresh the page, it adds one to the row!

To clarify...

When typing this: \\m/_ _\\m/

It would eventually always show up as this: \\\\m/_ _\\\\m/

...I hope this glitch is actually already fixed and won't show when I now hit submit of course... here we go!
*presses submit*
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,746 posts
King

(Testing double post)

Yuuuuuppp... it showed up as I already predicted it would... =/

And after a closer look, I now discovered it even doubled everything I typed!

1 becomes 2 and 2 becomes 4 apparently! (O.o)

So to counteract this... one would have to add the double slash themselves and even things out, like this:

\\m//_ _\\m//

Showing 61-65 of 67