ForumsSupport ForumGreat Glob of Glitchiness!

67 7825
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Ok, so, we all know there are 50 bajillion glitches out there right now, and I want to isolate them into one thread. Tell me what glitches you've encountered, whether big or small. Tell me what they did, how long they lasted, how to fix them, and what you think of them.

This is what I have so far:
-"Rogue Glitch"
-Forums not showing threads (example)
-Threads not showing posts
-Threads showing all pages when trying to access them ("You're banned" thread does it sometimes)
-Cache not updating (new threads/posts don't show up)

I could say some more, but I gotta go right now.

• 67 Replies
kimmel33
kimmel33
1 posts
Peasant

[b]what the heck no game will start with me

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,779 posts
Chamberlain

what the heck no game will start with me
that may be because you need to update your flash player. or you're experiencing browser problems, just suggestions, not necessarily your problem though. is the game screen just black?
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Yet another glitch. Anyone surprised?

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

[quote]So far, only You're banned has had this glitch.

Actually, "What is the above user known for?" experiences that glitch too.[/quote]

Plenty of large threads, mostly forum games because other threads don't tend to get that huge, have experienced this glitch in the past. It's not like it's a new glitch, either; I first saw it in 2009/possibly early 2010. It shows itself in threads that have had a large number of posts deleted (the minimum for this large number is somewhere between 50-100). Naturally, most threads' deleted post count isn't going to amount to 100 unless the thread is hundreds of pages long already.

I did not see any such message from boppins, so I would fill in the password you have now to be safe.

Just because you didn't see it doesn't mean it isn't there.
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,779 posts
Chamberlain

For some threads (in the sub forum itself not the menu of them) it'll say what the thread is, when theist post was and it'll say by (as in the last poster) but a blank where said persons name should be

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I'm pretty sure most people remember this glitch:
a user couldn't get in his/her profile because the password automaticly changed.

I think its an old glitch but I'm still being careful.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

but I just saw that the data in the profile's abouts has been compressed (which looks better)

Honestly...I'm not a fan of it. Makes it seem cluttered together and harder to read

glitch extended the glitch that messes up apostrophes has extended to the bio, I found this when looking at Ferret's profile

This happens on my profile...every time I go into my control panel it adds more of the random number and symbols
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,746 posts
King

I did not see any such message from boppins, so I would fill in the password you have now to be safe.

I'm pretty sure most people remember this glitch:
a user couldn't get in his/her profile because the password automaticly changed.

That is the same one we mentioned R2D21999... and this is what boppins wrote to me Patrick2011:

boppins (admin) says:
Posted at 10:07am on 9/22/2012

Hey just FYI -- I fixed it so you no longer have to fill in the password every time you update your profile, it works as it was supposed to.

But there are still people that messed up their password from the past.

See?! =)
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Hey just FYI -- I fixed it so you no longer have to fill in the password every time you update your profile, it works as it was supposed to.

But if the glitch is back, then the message is invalid. I will therefore list the pros and cons of an empty box and a saved password.

Saved Password:

Pros: Protects against the password glitch.

Cons: The password you save becomes your password, so make sure it's the one you had before, which you should remember due to the weekly logout.

Empty Password Box:

Pros: You don't have to risk remembering a new password.

Cons: Does not protect against the password glitch.

We have seen the password glitch remove multiple users, so you should enter your current password (make sure to type it correctly) in the change password box and save it to be safe.
deadpool710
deadpool710
2 posts
Shepherd

I noticed a glitch, when i try to click on some links, it instead takes me to another page that I didn't click a link for, as if I clicked an advertisment

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,779 posts
Chamberlain

I noticed a glitch, when i try to click on some links, it instead takes me to another page that I didn't click a link for, as if I clicked an advertisment
those are just popups, just another form of advertising
ninjet99
ninjet99
54 posts
Shepherd

i have never experienced any glitches

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

My faved games have been deleted.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,779 posts
Chamberlain

new glitch when i tried to access salvidian's friends list, it took me to the home page, tried accessing other's friends list, it goes to their friends list. i type in the URL manually by changing the name (e.g. from /friends/imthemostmanlyman to /friends/salvidian and saw salvidian on his own friends list

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,779 posts
Chamberlain

another new glitch. i saw one comment that was much bigger than usual (on a profile, so no HTML or BBC) so i thought that was odd, and figured he must have somehow use a code, then i saw a comment by ferret on someone's profile, then i went back to said person's profile and the comment was bolded and bigger like the other. an extension to the rogue glitch?

Showing 16-30 of 67