ForumsSupport ForumGreat Glob of Glitchiness!

67 7824
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Ok, so, we all know there are 50 bajillion glitches out there right now, and I want to isolate them into one thread. Tell me what glitches you've encountered, whether big or small. Tell me what they did, how long they lasted, how to fix them, and what you think of them.

This is what I have so far:
-"Rogue Glitch"
-Forums not showing threads (example)
-Threads not showing posts
-Threads showing all pages when trying to access them ("You're banned" thread does it sometimes)
-Cache not updating (new threads/posts don't show up)

I could say some more, but I gotta go right now.

• 67 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

That's called a merit.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I was hit by this glitch today and I couldn't do anything. The links didn't work and I couldn't message anyone or participate in the forums.
Thanks to AceofSky , I was able to come back but my about were lost, wait, no, they were not lost because I did this before:
I right clicked on an empty space in my page with my mouse and selected view page source I opened the file menu and I saved my page as a html (not htm, just add an l at the end of htm).
Then I went to control panel and re-entered my e-mail address and pasted the content of the file I just saved ( the about section).
Now everything is back! xD
Remember to save your page before re-entering your e-mail address, otherwise you will lose everything!

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,779 posts
Chamberlain

That's called a merit.
oh, i was not aware of this, i've never seen a merited comment apparently. weirdest merit ever
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,746 posts
King

Returned glitch : Just now, I wanted to post in a thread and when clicking submit, the page kept looping in the reload status. I stopped the load then clicked refresh a couple of times and nothing happened. Eventually the page showed and had my post listed 3 times in a row.
I then wanted to open the S&S forum again but found I was cut off from the forums for a very short while... any link to a thread clicked came up with the 404 Error "Ooops we can't find that!" message, the newcomers forum was completely deleted/blank and the Armor Games v3 forum only showed the first page and lost all the rest of the pages...

All returned to normal in the end, without any actions taken from my part though! =)

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Now I got affected by a glitch that I think is the rogue glitch. Here is a description of what I experienced (I did not take any screenshots):

I tried to comment on Gantic's profile to notify him that he was affected by the rogue glitch. However, my comment submitted as the no comments message. When I refreshed, I discovered that the comments cleared form of the glitch had been added, and the top-right login box showed me with a blank username and the starry shield armatar, so I went to Control Panel and got the login screen. I entered my login, but it showed as invalid, so I went to the homepage. I logged out, then tried to log back in. When I did so, I got the same login box as the one I had just before logging out. I clicked Control Panel again and got to it this time. However, I discovered that my username, e-mail, about, country, and gender were missing. I re-entered the e-mail and got back to my normal profile, except that the about was deleted.

If you were affected by the rogue glitch, does this experience match the rogue glitch?

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,746 posts
King

If you were affected by the rogue glitch, does this experience match the rogue glitch?

Yuuuppp... that's the one! Seems that it took some time, but it caught you in the end Patrick!

I assume everything is back to normal seeing that you posted in the forums again now?! =)
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

I assume everything is back to normal seeing that you posted in the forums again now?! =)

Yes, except that the about I had before is gone. You suggested a way to recover it as a comment, but it's too late since I created a new about.
Tactical_Fish
Tactical_Fish
776 posts
Blacksmith

Now it's in Killersup's profile.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Now there is an order glitch. Tactical_Fish's post is shown above older posts.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

Well my about dissapeared, the Tavern supposedly has no topics, and the Haiku/Poetry contests are all buggered up.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

I got rogue glitched AND password glitched. Fortunately, the password glitch fixed itself after a few minutes, which enabled me to clear the rogue glitch. Also, just before I cleared the rogue glitch, I saw my comments as closed. Salvidian is also affected by the rogue glitch.

Conclusion: The rogue glitch is becoming more severe. It has also been shown to be able to cause comment closure without user input.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,746 posts
King

Sadly... I have to agree and conclude that the Rogue Glitch is becoming more severe and affects more and more users recently... let's hope it won't increase in effect and/or intensity... =/

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Sadly... I have to agree and conclude that the Rogue Glitch is becoming more severe and affects more and more users recently... let's hope it won't increase in effect and/or intensity... =/

The good news is: We might be able to do something about it. Also, each instance seems to be going away quicker than in the past. You are correct in that the effect is more powerful.
Col_Sabotage
Col_Sabotage
10 posts
Farmer

I have an addition to add to the glitch list, i posted with another account, my post went blank, and subsequently my alternate account has been banned for 3 days, this hardly seems fair to me...

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

I have an addition to add to the glitch list, i posted with another account, my post went blank, and subsequently my alternate account has been banned for 3 days, this hardly seems fair to me...

That's not a glitch. What you described is a ban for posting as an alt. Here's the rule you broke:

- Users who create alternate accounts for multiplayer games are not permitted to post in the forums. No exceptions. Posts (and points) will be removed without notice. These alternate accounts are also prohibited from posting comments on game pages or on other user profiles. Please use your main account for this activity.
Showing 31-45 of 67