ForumsSupport ForumGreat Glob of Glitchiness!

67 7823
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Ok, so, we all know there are 50 bajillion glitches out there right now, and I want to isolate them into one thread. Tell me what glitches you've encountered, whether big or small. Tell me what they did, how long they lasted, how to fix them, and what you think of them.

This is what I have so far:
-"Rogue Glitch"
-Forums not showing threads (example)
-Threads not showing posts
-Threads showing all pages when trying to access them ("You're banned" thread does it sometimes)
-Cache not updating (new threads/posts don't show up)

I could say some more, but I gotta go right now.

• 67 Replies
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,779 posts
Chamberlain

The solution has been found! It is located in the thread that Patrick linked to

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

The Periodic Poetry Contest is giving me problems.

ikr. I've gotta judge the Haiku Contest soon. I guess I'll extend it for a few days after the glitch clears up (if it ever does). Or would it be better to create a new temporary thread for submissions until then?
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

My comments, every single one, disappeared. Luckily, they came back this morning, after being gone for two days.

Col_Sabotage
Col_Sabotage
10 posts
Farmer

oh i get it now... well honestly, if thats how AG roll then screw this place...
Im gonna be moving my activity to Kong...
What a whiny f****** rule, I guess I could be accepting this if it wasnt for the fact that I just "enjoyed" a 3 day non access period to the MMO's courtesy of armorgames login problems...
Have a ****ty time, I know my 5 years of coming to this site has come to an abrupt end.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,746 posts
King

The solution has been found! It is located in the thread that Patrick linked to

Don't jump the gun ManlyMan... there's some new evidence popping up that actually prooves it isn't the solution on it's own, but might have either more solutions or not be the solution at all... =/

The Periodic Poetry Contest is giving me problems. Whenever I click on it, it says that it's locked, it has no name, and it has no forum. :/ DARN. I really wanted to submit. :P

I've gotta judge the Haiku Contest soon. I guess I'll extend it for a few days after the glitch clears up (if it ever does). Or would it be better to create a new temporary thread for submissions until then?

That's the forum glitch acting up on you there guys... simply keep revisiting and try again and again... you can also write up your post in advance and then copy/paste/submit it when you can ?

My comments, every single one, disappeared. Luckily, they came back this morning, after being gone for two days.

That's probably (part of) the "Rogue AG Glitch" that hit you there MasterForger... and you probably experienced the minor version of it, so you're lucky!
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,779 posts
Chamberlain

That's probably (part of) the "Rogue AG Glitch" that hit you there MasterForger... and you probably experienced the minor version of it, so you're lucky!

Not necessarily lucky, I had that and my friends not showing before it went to the starry shield armatar and not having a button to go to my profile above the control panel/logout buttons.

Don't jump the gun ManlyMan... there's some new evidence popping up that actually prooves it isn't the solution on it's own, but might have either more solutions or not be the solution at all... =/

Maybe it's adapting to solutions, because the comment thing worked for both me and killersup, when I had it the first thing I did was change my comments to disabled (and changed nothing else) and when I updated my profile all was normal.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Maybe it's adapting to solutions

If it is, then only the admins have a real fix to the problem. However, it seems that the admins have not come up with the real solution yet, so we will just have to use any solutions we come up with until the glitch adapts.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

I got rogue glitched again, but I was also unable to access the Control Panel until I logged out.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,779 posts
Chamberlain

again? so it returns. well i guess we'll have to experiment with solutions until we find a universal fix for it, or until the admins fix it.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

The comment multiply glitch has returned and is more severe than ever before. It has multiplied comments by up to 7.

boppins
boppins
774 posts
Bard

Just a heads up -- we're aware of the glitchiness going on all around the site and we're working to fix it. We fixed a pretty big bug today, but we're not done. Expect things to really smooth out in the coming few days

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

It has multiplied comments by up to 7.

Uhm... 9, actually. =$

It depends on how many times you submit the comment that doesn't show up... I guess I hit the submit button 9 times before I decided it was a waste of my time and it was just a glitch that would fix itself soon.

But I didn't get any extra unwarranted AP for it so it's nothing to complain about now. =)
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

pretty big bug today

But which one? I think there might be multiple bugs/glitches that would be considered &quotretty big".
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

But I didn't get any extra unwarranted AP for it so it's nothing to complain about now. =)

Maybe you did, but you either don't care enough about AP or have too many AP to notice it. If it's the former, it's not bad that you don't care about AP.
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

I got ninja'd by boppins... now things are starting to make more sense...

Anyway, thanks boppins for fixing that bug! We all appreciate it! =)

Showing 46-60 of 67