ForumsForum GamesOne Chance (Zombies)

101 12915
Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

Hi! As you may know, I love making zombie RPG's. I also like to add a large amount of realism into them as well. A very large amount. So, with that said, here is your character sheet.

Name:
Clothing:
Items:
Right Hand:
Left Hand:
--------

That is all you are allowed to know. More may be added to the sheet later, but this is your character sheet. Looks short, but I have a much bigger character sheet that I have to maintain throughout your gameplay that you won't be able to see, like this. These are random stats by the way:

Name: Trey
-------
Clothing: White tank top w/ loose blue jeans & sandals
Items: Tennis racket, zagnut, Cantene (Full)
Right Hand: Tennis racket
Left hand: Nothing
-------
Weather: Clear skies
Tempurature: 112°
Population Infected: 94.7%
Infection Chance By:
-Drinking Water: 98.2%
-Eating Fruits: 46.7% (Like from trees)
-Eating Canned Foods & Fruits: 0.2%
-Coming in Contact of the Undead: 64.9% (This means by making skin contact in any way)
-------
Body Tempurature: Extremely High
Hunger: Starving (Obviously you need energy to survive in a world like this)
Thirst: Parched (You MUST have access to water to survive, clean or not)
Rest: Exhausted (You can only scavenge for so long...)
Infection: 89.2% (Once this hits 100%, your doomed.)
Sanity: 2.1% - Insane

As you can see, this character is near death. With the right equipment, he could be healthy again, but he hasn't been very productive.

This is important though. You know how you read the part where I said only I have access to view the large character sheet, and you can only see the very short one? Well, in the description that I post for you, you will have a lot of hints about what your character is feeling, how he/she is feeling, and so on.

So, there are some stories for you to choose from to start your journey. There are only two players allowed in thsi RPG. If one player dies, another gets to take his spot and start a new character. If you wanted to play but someone got here first, you can ask me to let you play after someone has died by posting on my profile.

Here are the stories: (And by the way, the "zombie apocalypse" has been underway for two years now.

1) You have been living in a community full of strong willed survivors for a year and four months in a city called Merryville. There are wide varieties of age and ethnicity in Merryville, but about a month ago, people have started to turn Merryville from Democracy, into a Dictatorship. A man named Saul has decided to kick children, the elderly, and sick people out of Merryville, or use them as bait. He believes that the only way to survive is to have young or middle-aged, strong adults as the only people to inhabit Merryville to ensure its survival. This is just an idea, but you've gained information that Saul is going to begin the erradication of all of the "burdens" in Merryville in two days -- a Tuesday. This is where you come in. You can either band together with the rebels to overthrow Saul's plan to extinguish the "burdens" of Merryville, or you can join Saul in his campaign against a supposedly weak future for the society. Tread lightly though. This is REALISM. Too many ignorant moves you make will result in your swift death.

2) (Only choose this one if you are good at playing RPG's)You have been surviving with a small group of friends for four months now, and things have been going good. You have all gained enough expirience in scavanging and scouting that none of you are a weak link. The four of you have been through thick and thin, and have survived without trying to cut eachothers throats in the process. In other words, your group is very tight, and almost nothing will separate the bonds that you all have created throughout the apocalypse. However, there are problems now. The shack you have all been living in is now running extremely low on supplies. Also, the city you have been returning to from time to time to scavenge food and other needed supplies is nearly dry of recources for you to live off of. Its time to relocate, and find a new city to search and collect. How will you go about surviving?

3) You have been surviving alone for three and a half months now, and you've been doing fine. You have enough recources to last two days, and enough ammunition in your Glock 17 to kill maybe 17 zombies, if your lucky. Nothing is going wrong right now, expect the fact that you have been alone for far too long. No human contact in three months can be devastating on someone in the middle of an apocalypse. Is anyone even alive anymore? Your sanity will be hard to maintain in this specific story line. Your characters thoughts will run rampid if this continues for much longer. Find something to ease the lonliness, and you'll do just fine.

• 101 Replies
Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

Hey guys. Just gonna give a few tips and hints about this game that you may not know by now.

Your character can pick up perks, traits, etc. by doing certain things. For instance, if you decide to job a lot, you will gain the "well Fit", or "Physically Fit" perk, depending on what I decide to call it. What this does, is that it just means your character is well fit, and can run much longer without breathing heavily and getting extremely tired very shortly. Another perk is "Fearless", which is obtained by being chased way too much, or by being shot at one too many times. What this "fearless" perk does is it simply means that your character is fearless, and has been through these situations so much that they don't strike fear in him/her anymore. Your character will not freak out and breathe heavily after being shot at or after being chased by a mob of zombies for too long. IF you manage to stay ahead of a mob of zombies that is.

That is another hint. Zombies can sprint. Some zombies are very healthy, which means they are able to run very fast. Others are starved, and have less agility from being malnourished. The more flesh they consume, the more dangerous they are.

Thank you! And by the way, I only update when BOTH players post.

I will update tomorrow guys!

trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

Veksing, we both posted already.

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

At the very bottom, I said that I would update tomorrow, which is today. Also, I am usually very busy, so I won't be able to update very often. Expect only one update a day.

Name: Otto
-------
Clothing: Blue Jeans, Logo T, Light Jacket
Items: Hunting knife, water bottle
Right Hand: Knife
Left hand:Glock 17 (17/0
-------------------------------

I go to the homes that I haven't searched much. I want to look for canned food, water, guns, ammo, and also books, magazines, and old newspapers. I keep my knife handy, just in case

You advance down the left side of the hill to search the houses. As you descend, several zombies come into view. They are all sitting down on and near the streets. You count at least fourteen. You avoid that direction, and steer farther left to avoid any eye contact with the zombies.

After avoiding being caught, you get closer to the houses and identify them. Most of them are only one-story buildings, but there are two at the very end of the road that are larger than the others, and are two stories high. Beyond those, are two red apartment buildings side by side, which are four stories high. You approach the closest house, and you peek inside the window. It is pretty dirty, but you can still manage to see. Immediately, you see a shadowy figure inside the house, stumbling around and making very faint growling noises. You duck back down instantly to avoid detection.

Side Note(s):
1) Your feeling slightly hungry
2) Your throat feels slightly dry
=============================================
Name: John Hampton
-------
Clothing: Black hoodie, black jeans, black Nike shoes
Items:
Right Hand:
Left hand:

I head back to my place, look around for some sort of weapon. (Let's hope I've got trench-pockets like Lee.)

Your only wearing Jeans, so no trench pockets unfortunately.

You turn to your left, and walk away from the guards. You can feel their eyes following you as you walk away from them.

Along the way to your house on a sidewalk, you see a large group of people circled around, conversing with each other about something in the middle of the street. You scan their faces for a moment as you keep a steady pace. A few of them have the look of anguish on their faces, and others, anger. Then, you begin to hear some yelling, then screaming. You then turn your full attention to the large mass of people, and suddenly, a fast motion occurs from behind the crowd, and one of the members of the crowd flies with his back facing toward you, then smashes into the asphalt beneath him. He lies there, with the expression of pain on his face, while a much larger man than he steps out from within the crowd, and stands over the man, as if to intimidate him more than he already has. This causes you to stop dead in your tracks. You see everyone back away from the two, and some of them notice you and glance at you, as if to ask for help.
trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

-------
Items:
Right Hand:
Left hand:

"Holy Hell, dude, are you alright?" I exclaim, wrapping his arm around my shoulder and helping him up. "What's going on?"

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

-------
Items:
Right Hand:
Left hand:

"Holy Hell, dude, are you alright?" I exclaim, wrapping his arm around my shoulder and helping him up. "What's going on?"

The man hesitates to speak, as he glances at the giant man that assaulted him. The giant man stares down at both of you as you assist the man. The wounded fellow attempts to step forward, and get you to move along with him in sync, but the giant man puts a strong, but firm grip on your shoulder, and prevents you both from advancing any further.

"What do you think your doing?" the man says. His voice is extremely deep. His eyes are covered with sunglasses, and he's wearing a red baseball cap -- the correct way. His muscles are much bigger than the guards was, who was at the door with that make-shift LMG. You can feel the mans eyes pierce yours through his sunglasses, and you can also feel the weak man that looks to be in his 40's, trembling.
Alexandra222
Alexandra222
2,779 posts
Nomad

Name:Eve
-------
Clothing:Long white coat, white pants, Black T-shirt, Black boots.
Items:
Right Hand:
Left Hand:
--------

Story 3

trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

-------
Items:
Right Hand:
Left hand:

"What does it look like to you? You just threw the *******! I'm getting him to his apartment so he can heal up and rest."

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

Alexandra222, there is a waiting list and Ninjanick is still playing. If he doesn't respond soon, his character will just die off and a new spot will be available. There is only one other person waiting to join though, so the wait won't be too long.
================================
-------
Items:
Right Hand:
Left hand:

"What does it look like to you? You just threw the *******! I'm getting him to his apartment so he can heal up and rest."

The man you are helping looks at you with a strange look after your response. Then, the giant man that is keeping you from advancing, tightens his grip on your shoulder and spins you around to face him. His veins are bulging, and you can visualize smoke exiting from his ears, even though its getting windy and there is a cool breeze flowing. You glance around quickly, and find that everyone is still staring at the scene with the same look on their faces as before.

The giant man then regains your attention, and speaks.
"Drop the insect, and leave. I don't think you want to leave this world by suffering from a broken neck."
He releases his grip on your shoulder, but his eyes are piercing your soul as he, and the crowd of helpless people wait for your response.
trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

-------
Items:
Right Hand:
Left hand:

"BOLLOCKS!!!" I yell in his face. "He's the insect? What about you, my good man? Extorting and threatening like that? Anyone who uses this kind of violence in this level is just as much of an insect as an ant!" I return to helping the other guy. "Come on, where do you live?"

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

-------
Items:
Right Hand:
Left hand:

"BOLLOCKS!!!" I yell in his face. "He's the insect? What about you, my good man? Extorting and threatening like that? Anyone who uses this kind of violence in this level is just as much of an insect as an ant!" I return to helping the other guy. "Come on, where do you live?"

You feel virtuous after those words, and wait on the man to respond to your question. "I live down the road... to th--" he is unable to finish his sentence. There is a faint, but noticeable growling sound in the distance, or what sounds like a growling sound. Everyone stops paying attention to the problem at hand, and looks up toward the sky from where the sound is coming from, while others look at the concrete walls that are surrounding Merryville, probably thinking that there is a zombie attack, yet nobody moves a muscle. Suddenly, the sound gets extremely loud as a gigantic, fiery object descends over Merryville. A massive airplane is acting as a colossal fireball, as it passes over Merryville, and continues its path, away from the city. Then, there is an explosion. It crash landed.

You stand there, and so does everyone else, in shock and awe at what just happened. An airplane just suddenly came crashing through the clouds out of nowhere, on fire, and crashed close to Merryville. It seems as if this is taking everyone else, and you, a very long time to register what just happened. You then look at the giant man that you insulted, and he shares the same glance towards you. No one speaks for what seems like five minutes, then you can hear a door being opened behind you. A couple is coming out of there house to ask what is going on. There is very quiet talking among many of the people. Then, down the road, Saul and six other body guards walk down the street calmly, and approach the crowd of people. No one speaks.

Then, Saul breaks the silence.
"What happened?" he asks, as he glances past the fortified walls, and sees smoke rising up in the horizon.
"A plane... an airplane... it just crashed." an old aged man stutters.
Saul gives the old man a look of disgust. "You fool." Then, Saul walks to you, with his body guards following.
"You there." he says, grabbing your attention as he gets closer to you. "You look like an intelligent young man, and a strong one at that. Tell me, what happened here? I can't trust these... inferior beings." he says, glancing at the old man.
trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

-------
Items:
Right Hand:
Left hand:

"It was just as the old man said. We were all talking about the space we had in the town. Some guys got into a fight. I was about to get one of them back to their apartment when that plane flew over us. It was on fire and, well, it kind of exploded when it hit the ground."

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

-------
Items:
Right Hand:
Left hand:

"It was just as the old man said. We were all talking about the space we had in the town. Some guys got into a fight. I was about to get one of them back to their apartment when that plane flew over us. It was on fire and, well, it kind of exploded when it hit the ground."

He looks around at everyone, and they look back at him. They all have a look of distrust. Saul then turns his attention to the old man. The old man shakes his head at Saul, as if to say I told you so.

"Alright." Saul says. "This is what we are going to do. Its getting a little late. Its nearing six o'clock, so we will all prepare to sleep. Tomorrow, we will investigate the crash. I will send a select few to search the wreckage for any survivors, and for any equipment and other types of supplies. This means that we will need to cut the amount of survivors we have to scavenge for food by half. Yes, that means we won't have as much food and water coming back to be stockpiled, but its a risk we will take in order to search that plane. It could have been a military plane, a civilian plane, who knows, but there's gotta be something in there for us." he says.

The giant man that harassed the man you helped steps up, and volunteers.
"Hmm, look at you! Very strong-looking. Why aren't you a bodyguard yet? James, lead this man to our armory. Get him equipped." Saul says. "Does anyone else want to volunteer, or will I have to force you to?"

(You can either say, or do something, or just decide to say nothing and do nothing and let the events continue to unfold without your interruption.)

Its also getting a little chilly. The wind is picking up, and the temperature has been dropping as the sun has been descending. Saul said that its close to six o' clock now, and its getting slightly dark.
trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

-------
Items:
Right Hand:
Left hand:

I step forward as well. "I'll go too." What can I say? 'Tis a good way to get weapons.

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

-------
Items:
Right Hand:
Left hand:

I step forward as well. "I'll go too." What can I say? 'Tis a good way to get weapons.

After you agree, you can see the armory being opened for the giant man, down the road.
"Excellent!" Saul replies. "Unfortunately, you don't look in good enough shape to be a bodyguard, but you can still join the plane-search. Actually, calling it that sounds stupid. Lets call it... Operation Recovery. Get some rest and eat up. Tomorrow we will start the operation. What is your name, by the way?" he asks.
==================================
Name: Otto
-------
Clothing: Blue Jeans, Logo T, Light Jacket
Items: Hunting Knife, Bottle of Water
Right Hand: Glock 17 (17/0)
Left hand:
-------
Body Tempurature: Average
Hunger: 17%
Thirst: 18%
Rest: 24%
Infection: 21%
Sanity: 3%
Honor: 0%
-------
Perks: none
-------
Shelter: Small Shack near Major City (Hurtsburg)
Health: 37%
Food: 1 canned food
Water: 1 bottle of water; one canteen (empty)
Items:
---Other Details---
-Hurtsburg's Recources-
Food: Average
Water: Plentiful
Weapons: Plentiful

This is Ninjanick's sheet in its entirety. Since he hasn't been replying, his character has been slowly dying. He's been getting hungrier, thirstier, tired, and now his sanity is almost at breaking point. This is an example of what happens if your late to post.

Don't worry though, you will only have this happen to you if you don't post for a day or two without warning. If you tell me that you will be gone for a couple of days or so, then you will be safe. He hasn't told me anything, so his character has been slowly dying. A new spot will be available soon
trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

-------
Items:
Right Hand:
Left hand:

"Eh, that's fine. My name is John Hampton, sir." After answering, I help the other guy down the road. "Okay, now, where is your place again?"

Showing 16-30 of 101