ForumsForum GamesOne Chance (Zombies)

101 12867
Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

Hi! As you may know, I love making zombie RPG's. I also like to add a large amount of realism into them as well. A very large amount. So, with that said, here is your character sheet.

Name:
Clothing:
Items:
Right Hand:
Left Hand:
--------

That is all you are allowed to know. More may be added to the sheet later, but this is your character sheet. Looks short, but I have a much bigger character sheet that I have to maintain throughout your gameplay that you won't be able to see, like this. These are random stats by the way:

Name: Trey
-------
Clothing: White tank top w/ loose blue jeans & sandals
Items: Tennis racket, zagnut, Cantene (Full)
Right Hand: Tennis racket
Left hand: Nothing
-------
Weather: Clear skies
Tempurature: 112°
Population Infected: 94.7%
Infection Chance By:
-Drinking Water: 98.2%
-Eating Fruits: 46.7% (Like from trees)
-Eating Canned Foods & Fruits: 0.2%
-Coming in Contact of the Undead: 64.9% (This means by making skin contact in any way)
-------
Body Tempurature: Extremely High
Hunger: Starving (Obviously you need energy to survive in a world like this)
Thirst: Parched (You MUST have access to water to survive, clean or not)
Rest: Exhausted (You can only scavenge for so long...)
Infection: 89.2% (Once this hits 100%, your doomed.)
Sanity: 2.1% - Insane

As you can see, this character is near death. With the right equipment, he could be healthy again, but he hasn't been very productive.

This is important though. You know how you read the part where I said only I have access to view the large character sheet, and you can only see the very short one? Well, in the description that I post for you, you will have a lot of hints about what your character is feeling, how he/she is feeling, and so on.

So, there are some stories for you to choose from to start your journey. There are only two players allowed in thsi RPG. If one player dies, another gets to take his spot and start a new character. If you wanted to play but someone got here first, you can ask me to let you play after someone has died by posting on my profile.

Here are the stories: (And by the way, the "zombie apocalypse" has been underway for two years now.

1) You have been living in a community full of strong willed survivors for a year and four months in a city called Merryville. There are wide varieties of age and ethnicity in Merryville, but about a month ago, people have started to turn Merryville from Democracy, into a Dictatorship. A man named Saul has decided to kick children, the elderly, and sick people out of Merryville, or use them as bait. He believes that the only way to survive is to have young or middle-aged, strong adults as the only people to inhabit Merryville to ensure its survival. This is just an idea, but you've gained information that Saul is going to begin the erradication of all of the "burdens" in Merryville in two days -- a Tuesday. This is where you come in. You can either band together with the rebels to overthrow Saul's plan to extinguish the "burdens" of Merryville, or you can join Saul in his campaign against a supposedly weak future for the society. Tread lightly though. This is REALISM. Too many ignorant moves you make will result in your swift death.

2) (Only choose this one if you are good at playing RPG's)You have been surviving with a small group of friends for four months now, and things have been going good. You have all gained enough expirience in scavanging and scouting that none of you are a weak link. The four of you have been through thick and thin, and have survived without trying to cut eachothers throats in the process. In other words, your group is very tight, and almost nothing will separate the bonds that you all have created throughout the apocalypse. However, there are problems now. The shack you have all been living in is now running extremely low on supplies. Also, the city you have been returning to from time to time to scavenge food and other needed supplies is nearly dry of recources for you to live off of. Its time to relocate, and find a new city to search and collect. How will you go about surviving?

3) You have been surviving alone for three and a half months now, and you've been doing fine. You have enough recources to last two days, and enough ammunition in your Glock 17 to kill maybe 17 zombies, if your lucky. Nothing is going wrong right now, expect the fact that you have been alone for far too long. No human contact in three months can be devastating on someone in the middle of an apocalypse. Is anyone even alive anymore? Your sanity will be hard to maintain in this specific story line. Your characters thoughts will run rampid if this continues for much longer. Find something to ease the lonliness, and you'll do just fine.

• 101 Replies
Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

If you would have my character say something negative, then you could notify me.

Your character won't say something negative unless he has low honor.
For example, someone with the maximum amount of honor will be ultimately good when it comes to talking. Someone with half the amount of good honor will be mostly good when it comes to talking and stuff. When negative honor gets involved, its a little more complicated. All of this pertains only to the people who choose for me to do the dialogue for them.

Lets set it up like this:
Honor
100%=Godly (In terms of how helpful you are, etc)
75%=Saint
50%=Very good
25%=Good
0%=Neutral
-25%=Bad (Your char. will be rude in some situations, but won't necessarily look for trouble from other survivors)
-50%=Terrible(Your char. will be rude to almost everyone, and most likely invoke anger in others, causing more problems)
-75%=Demon(You will be insufferable to other survivors, and they will not hesitate to kill you on sight for your intolerable behavior. However, Bandits like your dishonorable attitude. They will most likely recruit you as a bandit to raid survivor camps and what not after having such a terrible reputation such as this)
-100%=Devilish(You will rank up faster in a bandit society after being recruited with this type of reputation, and survivors will ALWAYS shoot on sight if you come into view. No questions asked.)

Name: John Hampton
-------
Clothing: Black hoodie, black jeans, black Nike shoes
Items:
Right Hand:
Left hand:

I put the plate and fork in the sink to be washed later. "Anyways, are you going on the plane-search too or were you not there when Saul asked for volunteers?" I ask as I sit back down.

She stops eating, and places her fork down in her bowl of pasta to respond, probably to not seem rude. "I wasn't there, but I definitely heard that plane crash. At first, I thought it was bandits attacking us with bombs, but it turned out to be much different. I was definitely not expecting anything like that to happen. And John, I can't stand Saul. I wouldn't volunteer for anything that is under his supervision. Ever." she says. She then picks her fork back up, and continues to finish her pasta.
==========================================
Name: Jericho Williams
-------
Clothing: black leather jacket with a white shirt under, boots, jeans, sunglasses, bandana.
Items: Swiss army knife
Right Hand:
Left Hand:

Story 2. Do I need to post the items too?

Sure. After that, we can start. I added a Swiss army knife however.
The_Gentlemen
The_Gentlemen
177 posts
Peasant

-------
Clothing: black leather jacket with a white shirt under, boots, jeans, sunglasses, bandana. Fingerless gloves.
Items: Swiss army knife( in a boot) , flashlight, golden watch. Toolbox (in the backpack.)
Right Hand:
Left Hand:

trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

-------
Items:
Right Hand:
Left hand:

"I see. He's not the kindest guy, but that plane might have something useful on it, food and water at the very least." I look back at the stairs, then at the ceiling. "So, how's the old couple doing? I heard them arguing yesterday."

The_Gentlemen
The_Gentlemen
177 posts
Peasant

Changed sheet.

-------
Clothing: black leather jacket with a white shirt under, boots, jeans, sunglasses, bandana. Fingerless gloves.
Items: Swiss army knife( in a boot) , flashlight, golden watch. Various tools (in the backpack.)
Right Hand:
Left Hand:

Why should I keep a toolbox in a backpack? Better keep only the tools.

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

-------
Items:
Right Hand:
Left hand:

"I see. He's not the kindest guy, but that plane might have something useful on it, food and water at the very least." I look back at the stairs, then at the ceiling. "So, how's the old couple doing? I heard them arguing yesterday."

"They were yelling about something that would happen tomorrow that puts their lives at risk, and where they should go before tomorrow comes. I don't know why; this place is safe, isn't it? No zombie attacks since a couple of months, and we haven't had bandit problems in a long time, so why were they so worried?" she asks.
=================================
-------
Items: Swiss army knife( in a boot) , golden watch.
Small Backpack: Wrench, Screw Driver, Hammer, Flashlight, Radio
Right Hand:
Left Hand:

You wake up in the morning with sunlight shining just beneath the door. You and your three other companions are just now waking up at the same time. You lean up, and step out of your red sleeping roll(or sleeping bag, whatever you'd like to call it), and roll it up and set it in a corner. The three others that you've been surviving with for the four months do the same. There's Henry, who is a country fellow; he usually handles the zombies with melee weapons, nice and quietly. Liz, who is the recon of the group, scouts areas before letting the group know to continue. Samuel, who is the city type, handles the stock with supplies such as ammo, food, and water. He also acts as a pack mule; he carries a lot of supplies in his medium sized backpack. And then there is you. Your role in the group is to keep things in good shape. For instance, the shack. It takes wind damage from time to time, so your duty is to repair it, and other equipment that the group may find later on. The group has also established an agreement that if a vehicle is to be found anywhere, you are to try to repair it and secure it before anything happens to it. Everyone has come to term with their roles in the past, and that is how the group became so tight and unified. It is up to you and the three others to make sure this bond stays in tact. Check each other to make sure everything is going good, watch each others backs, and keep your sanity.

The others get prepared for the day, as they equip their small backpacks, and so do you. Inside your shack, is a fishing rod, two raincoats, four toothbrushes, two tubes of toothpaste, two empty rain buckets, three cooking pots, and four sleep rolls. It also contains fourteen cans of food and fourteen bottles of water. Henry, Liz, and Samuel also have some food and water in their backpacks. You carry all of the tools and supplies mainly. (And yes, all of this is being recorded on the super ridiculously long character sheet that you can't see xD) You live near a major city called Cernello, and its food supplies is running extremely low. There is still some water left in the city to collect, but very little. Weaponry in the city is close to average, mainly melee weapons however.

Now that I have given you enough information about your group and your area, we can start the game.

>Everyone is eating breakfast, and getting hydrated, and you join them as you all sit down in a circle on the floor. You all converse about random things, and then finish your food.

(You can choose to say or do something, or say and do nothing and wait for the other survivors to make a decision of some sort.)

Since this is your very first post, I will give you the character sheet in its entirety to show you what I have to keep up with, and to show you what information that I have on it so you can get a good idea on how this works.

-------
Small Backpack: Wrench, Screw Driver, Hammer, Flashlight
Right Hand:
Left Hand:

-------
Body Tempurature: Average
Hunger: 100%*Well Fed*
Thirst: 100%*Hydrated*
Rest: 100%*Well Rested*
Infection: 0.5%
Sanity: 99%
Honor: 0%
-------
>>>Body Conditions>Other Details
Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

Sorry. Apparently, armorgames doesn't like arrows, so I replaced them with dashes. Maybe the whole thing will show up this time -.-

-------
Right Hand:
Left Hand:
-------
Body Tempurature: Average
Hunger: 100%*Well Fed*
Thirst: 100%*Hydrated*
Rest: 100%*Well Rested*
Infection: 0.5%
Sanity: 99%
Honor: 0%
-------
---Body Conditions---
Head: 100%
Torso: 100%
L. Arm: 100%
R. Arm: 100%
L. Leg: 100%
R. Leg: 100%
-------
Perks: None
-------
Shelter: Small Shack
Health: 94%
Food: 10 cans of food
Water: 10 bottles of water
Items: Fishing Rod, Two raincoats, four toothbrushes, two tubes of toothpaste, two rainbuckets, three cooking pots. four sleep rolls
---Other Details---
-Cernello's Recources-
Food: Extremely Low
Water: Low
Weapons: Average
----Companions----
-Henry: Machete, Hunting Knife, Radio
Small Backpack: Two can of food, One bottle of water
-Liz: Radio, Silenced Pistol (12:24)
Small Backpack: One can of food, One bottle of water, Compass
-Samuel: Radio
Medium Backpack: Four cans of food, Three bottles of water, Two wooden planks.

The_Gentlemen
The_Gentlemen
177 posts
Peasant

-------
Right Hand:
Left Hand:

We finish eating. And then I start talking.

"We are running low on supplies, guys."
"I'd suggest to do a last trip at Cernello, and then move on. We can't remain here. Well, unless someone wants to be a cannibal that eats everyone else's heads on a stick with blood ketchup."

Everyone hated my sense of humor.

"Who's with me?"

trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

-------
Items:
Right Hand:
Left hand:

"It's because Saul is planning... Something. I don't know. I just hope it's not what I think it is." I change the subject so I don't turn out to have scared her. "So, did you have family before this happened?"

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

-------
Small Backpack: Wrench, Screw Driver, Hammer, Flashlight,1 Canned Food, 1 Bottled Water
Right Hand:
Left Hand:

We finish eating. And then I start talking.

"We are running low on supplies, guys."
"I'd suggest to do a last trip at Cernello, and then move on. We can't remain here. Well, unless someone wants to be a cannibal that eats everyone else's heads on a stick with blood ketchup."

Everyone hated my sense of humor.

"Who's with me?"

>They all understand the situation, and agree with your decision to pack and move on after looting Cernello one last time. Then, Liz adds to the plan.
>"We should pack our bags evenly with all of the supplies in the shack, and then move on. I suggest whoever is the strongest should take most of the food and water along. Any takers?"
>"I'll do it." says Samuel. "I've been the pack-mule for how long? Four months? I think I can handle a little more baggage." he says, jokingly.
>After deciding on that, they all take as much supplies as they can fit into their backpacks.
>After they get what they can to stuff into their backpacks, their are a few items left.
>"Looks like we'll have to leave the rain buckets behind." says Henry.
>"We still have the cooking pots and the sleep rolls left. Does anyone have any more room?" asks Liz. Everyone checks their bags, and they are all full, except for yours.
>"I can fit one thing in mine." you say.
>"Take your sleeping roll, we'll just have to leave the other rolls behind and find some more along the way. We also need to find some bigger backpacks." she says.

What do you want to do? (If you don't like for me to speak for you, you can tell me and you can talk in situations like that. Allowing me to speak for you gets more actions done and makes more progress.)
==========================================
-------
Items:
Right Hand:
Left hand:

"It's because Saul is planning... Something. I don't know. I just hope it's not what I think it is." I change the subject so I don't turn out to have scared her. "So, did you have family before this happened?"

>"Of course. I don't know where they are, though. I got separated from them." she says. "Lets leave it at that." She gets up, sets her dishes into the sink, walks out of the kitchen, and up the stairs.
It must be a touchy subject for her. Maybe she will open up to you if you get closer to her.
>Suddenly, you hear someone knocking on the front door, across from the kitchen.
trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

-------
Items:
Right Hand:
Left hand:

"That's probably one of Saul's guys. Have a good day, Sarah." I say as I get up and open the front door.

The_Gentlemen
The_Gentlemen
177 posts
Peasant

-------
Small Backpack: Wrench, Screw Driver, Hammer, Flashlight,1 Canned Food, 1 Bottled Water
Right Hand:
Left Hand:

(No problems.)

"Okay guys, let's go."

I take the sleeping roll and stuff it in my backpack.

(Can I have some info about the city? Where the weapons are, food, water. If we already got there, I should know that .)

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

-------
Items:
Right Hand:
Left hand:

"That's probably one of Saul's guys. Have a good day, Sarah." I say as I get up and open the front door.

You open the door. The scrawny guard that is still wielding the Mp-5 is standing at the door with the same outfit on. He looks as if he got no sleep at all last night.
"Hello, John. Follow me to the Armory." he says imperatively. He then turns his back, and walks forward without another word.
===============================
-------
Small Backpack: Wrench, Screw Driver, Hammer, Flashlight,1 Canned Food, 1 Bottled Water, Sleep Roll
Right Hand:
Left Hand:

(Can I have some info about the city? Where the weapons are, food, water. If we already got there, I should know that .)

The story description tells you that the city that you have been returning to in order to acquire supplies is running extremely low, which means there are hardly any places with food and water left. You've all pretty much searched every single building, and that is why the group has decided to relocate. There are plenty of weapons however, it just depends on what kind you want. There are no firearms in the city. There are only melee weapons, such as pipes, fire extinguishers, glass bottles, etc. which are still effective.

"Okay guys, let's go."
I take the sleeping roll and stuff it in my backpack.

You collect the bag, and then you all exit.
"So, are we sure we want to run through the city one last time? I'm pretty sure we dragged out the last of the food and water that we could by now." says Liz.
"I don't understand why we are leaving anyways. Why don't we just find a way to start a plantation and live off the land and collect rainwater to survive? Seems simple enough, right?" says Henry.
Then, Liz questions his idea. "How would we find any seeds or any type of plant to grow? Plus, it hasn't rain in a month. Do you see those bushes?" she says, pointing past Henry. He looks towards the bushes, then looks back at Liz, and nods his head. "Those grapes have not grown, and will never grow because it hardly ever rains." Then, after a few seconds of silence, Samuel steps in.
"Maybe it is a good idea to leave, Henry. Good try my man."
Then, after everyone stays silent for an even longer period, Henry jumps back in to make another point.
"You guys are blind. Look at the clouds." he says. "Looks like rain clouds, don't cha' think?" he says, with a satisfactory smile on his face.

(Would you like to step in and throw your ideas around, or stay silent?)
trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

-------
Items:
Right Hand:
Left hand:

"Wish me luck!" I call back into the house. I follow the scrawny gaurd to the armory. "Man, what did Saul make you do to not get any sleep last night?"

The_Gentlemen
The_Gentlemen
177 posts
Peasant

-------
Small Backpack: Wrench, Screw Driver, Hammer, Flashlight,1 Canned Food, 1 Bottled Water, Sleep Roll
Right Hand:
Left Hand:

"That's a good idea, Harry."- I say.

"But this isn't the right place, nor the right time. We are there, in the open, and raiders or Zeds can easily find us. Plus, we're only four. Before starting a community, we should find more survivors. And more equipment and supplies. I'd suggest one of the villages up there at about Canada, with only 300-400 inhabitants. They should be easy to clear from zombies, easy to defend, and the climate is perfect."

"Now, my idea is to take whatever we can take from Cernello, go to another city, grab some guns and become bad*** zombie killers, try to find a vehicle and then go north."

"Anyway, guys, someone knows where we could find a fireaxe? I wanna start eating zombie brain pancakes. My knife ain't big enough."

"Heh, got it? My knife...nevermind."

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

Sorry guys, not in the mood to update today. Maybe tomorrow I'll get better and I'll have some fresh new ideas then as well.

Showing 46-60 of 101