Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

Armatar awkward moments

Posted Nov 8, '12 at 8:09am

Cenere

Cenere

12,941 posts

Knight

What about the fact that I'm colourblind? That seems like a pretty good excuse..

This is legitimate, but I am questioning the amount of people who seem to confuse us. That would be a lot of colour blind people around.

@Ernie: We did actually have the starry armatar for a while. A month, perhaps more. It was back when it was considered a "legacy" armatar, and not a "let's reward people getting their points removed" armatar.

Posted Nov 8, '12 at 8:52am

Bronze

Bronze

2,337 posts

I would suggest making an armatar for one of the seasonal contests (like the one going on now), and then using that armatar for several years. Worked for me.

Posted Nov 8, '12 at 9:03am

SSTG

SSTG

10,761 posts

Knight

I think I started with the Snake, then the archer and the guy who reads a scroll which suits me perfectly since what I do most on AG is to build castles on CTC2PP and other stuff on Viking Vengeance. When I want to be funny I say that a witch cursed me so I use the Orc with purple hair or jezz armatar because it reminds me of Lady Gaga. xD

Posted Nov 8, '12 at 7:50pm

xeano321

xeano321

2,546 posts

Knight

@Discussion of Strop and Cenere

Considering how rarely Strop comes by, I don't think this is much of an issue anymore. I'm confused as to how someone can't tell the difference between orange and green.

and the guy who reads a scroll which suits me perfectly

Hey! We have a scroll reader in our midst! Now if anyone needs one, we know who to contact. =D

Posted Nov 10, '12 at 2:06pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,236 posts

Considering how rarely Strop comes by,

Both of them don't come by that often...and when they do it seems both of them come back at the same time

I'm confused as to how someone can't tell the difference between orange and green.

*cough* pang is colourblind *cough*

Posted Nov 10, '12 at 5:05pm

Bluydee

Bluydee

699 posts

The last time I saw someone with this armatar is

Oh I don't know.

Maybe a year?

Posted Nov 10, '12 at 5:48pm

R2D21999

R2D21999

8,110 posts

The only ones I've seen with "my" armater is AceofSky and someone else I can't remember.

Posted Nov 10, '12 at 6:23pm

Cenere

Cenere

12,941 posts

Knight

Both of them don't come by that often...and when they do it seems both of them come back at the same time

I disagree with the first part of that sentence. As for the latter, if I find something Strop ought to look at, I do give him a link for later. Might explain a little of that, though it has been a while.

Just to repeat a much bigger awkward armatar moment: People who think you need to have whatever armatar they decide. And don't think a gold king should have a starting armatar.
Dealing with that is more awkward than wearing the armatar of someone else more famous.

Posted Nov 10, '12 at 6:36pm

IAgreeWithYou

IAgreeWithYou

419 posts

I don't really see the point of Armatars/Avatars. Sometimes they can be fun to mess around with but really I'll just read people's names. (Especially because I don't know really have a great memory)

Posted Nov 10, '12 at 6:42pm

IAgreeWithYou

IAgreeWithYou

419 posts

Ah, sorry accidentally pressed submit.

I don't really see the point of Armatars/Avatars. Sometimes they can be fun to mess around with but really I'll just read people's names. (Especially because I don't know really have a great memory). As for confusing people I can only see that happening in a site like AG because of it actually has quite a good armatar system that really hooks you. The only problem I have with armatars is that it is the main reason why there is so much spam on here (The comment section looks like it has exploded). I seriously have no idea how moderators can even bother to go through that.

In AG 3 it doesn't look like it is going to get much better though. Armatar packs are definitely NOT going to help with spam. Unless if you have a certain amount of deleted comments the really cool armatar packs are not able to be chosen.

Reply to Armatar awkward moments

You must be logged in to post a reply!