Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

Armatar awkward moments

Posted Nov 10, '12 at 7:21pm

xXxDAPRO89xXx

xXxDAPRO89xXx

4,052 posts

Over time I just associate armatars with people... lol, and sometimes I mistake the wrong people for others because of armatars lol

Posted Nov 10, '12 at 7:47pm

sourwhatup2

sourwhatup2

3,255 posts

Over time I just associate armatars with people... lol, and sometimes I mistake the wrong people for others because of armatars lol

I used to do this when I was a bit new here. But after a while you start to realize that you should name check every once in a while, like I do.

Sometimes I'll see a recognizable armatar and think it's someone who is very active in forums.. But it could randomly be a newbie so I look at the rank then the name. It's not that difficult to read out a name just to double check yourself.

Posted Nov 11, '12 at 2:49am

Skeleton_Pilot

Skeleton_Pilot

1,290 posts

But after a while you start to realize that you should name check every once in a while, like I do.

I still only find myself doing this when multiple users are wearing the same armatar at the same time... like in the case of pang, soccerdude and ironblade41, who are three active members who post in the same general areas and who happen to be wearing the same armatar!

I'm not quite in the habit of name-checking on a regular basis... =P

Posted Nov 11, '12 at 10:55am

sourwhatup2

sourwhatup2

3,255 posts

I still only find myself doing this when multiple users are wearing the same armatar at the same time...

True.. Though I am adjusted to just look at names now, this is pretty true. xD

Posted Nov 11, '12 at 11:52am

GhostOfHorror

GhostOfHorror

801 posts

Though I am adjusted to just look at names now

I only look at names in particular cases, for now, I almost automatically associate you with that armatar.
Gantic with the rabbit.
Zoph with the insect/mantis.
Void with his elfy thing.
Skeleton with his skeleton.
Daleks with the dinosaur thing.
Bronze with his dinosaur thing.
Sal with the skeleton hand.

There's probably some others that I can't think of offhand, but meh.

Posted Nov 11, '12 at 12:16pm

Patrick2011

Patrick2011

3,582 posts

In AG 3 it doesn't look like it is going to get much better though. Armatar packs are definitely NOT going to help with spam. Unless if you have a certain amount of deleted comments the really cool armatar packs are not able to be chosen.

AG3 will award AP through achievements, so armatars will no longer encourage spam.

Posted Nov 15, '12 at 12:01pm

pickpocket

pickpocket

3,424 posts

I can actually say this is my armatar now. IAgreeWithYou is the only person i have seen with it, and I made it.

Posted Nov 15, '12 at 12:06pm

GhostOfHorror

GhostOfHorror

801 posts

And. he might change it when new ones are released.
Seeing as you created you, may feel obligated to use it. :D

Anyhow, seeing as almost everyone has a seasonal armatar, it's going to be quite confusing for people who look armatars instead of names, not only does everyone have a different armatar, some people have the same ones.
I've only seen Matrix and HahaHi with this one, though.

Posted Nov 15, '12 at 4:29pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,950 posts

Posted Nov 15, '12 at 4:53pm

pickpocket

pickpocket

3,424 posts

Salvy, that was a while ago. there is no excuse now a days

Reply to Armatar awkward moments

You must be logged in to post a reply!