ForumsForum GamesNamed RPG

142 15515
VonHeisenbourg
VonHeisenbourg
377 posts
Peasant

Be Warned: This is mildly lengthy. Are you manly enough to read it all?

======================================================

I've decided to go ahead and be very original in the naming of my RPG by taking two letters off the "Unnamed RPGs" thread's name But alas that's beside the point. Let's get down to business, which is that I've obviously decided to go ahead and make a RPG. Now I'd bet you'd like to know what this RPG will be all about, right? Ah well since you insist I'll go ahead and explain this RPG to you my fellow AG gamers.

This RPG shall be about controlling a mythological creature (like a Sphinx) and creating this aforementioned creature and guiding it through a storyline and scenarios that I give you. The choice is yours as to what creature you would like to be. You know what? As a matter of fact it doesn't even have to be a mythological creature, you may be anything you please to be at all. You can be a human, a wolf, a dragon, a sea monster or even a horsefly (I don't recommend that last option because it sounds quite boring). I don't mind you guys choosing your own creatures as long as you aren't unrealistic or silly about it, for example don't say this: I'm a 10'000 foot tall T-Rex that shoots lasers out of my eyes and fire out of my bum as well as the fact that I have impenetrable skin, blah blah blah etc... Otherwise I'll just ignore what you said and move on to the next logical post

Here are a few other things you may also want to know, you can choose between these scenarios for your character to play in:

Realistic RPG (you need food to survive, and sleep to survive, it's also easier to die seeing as how your decisions will get you killed if you're silly or choose a poor option) or you can choose the game to be a little more unrealistic (you don't need to worry about food, water, and all that other bothersome junk to live (that doesn't mean you can go a decade without food), and it's harder to die, meaning the decisions you make are less likely to kill you etc...). So basically choose between easy mode or hard mode.

You may also choose between these type of worlds for your character to live in:

- War ravaged
- Medieval
- Mythological
- Prehistoric
- Fantasy

Or you may suggest one yourself, and if I approve you may live in it.

Now I suppose I should tell you guys you need a character sheet, so here are a few examples:

Difficulty: Realistic (Hard)
Scenario: A modern day society
Character type: Wolf
Character Description: Average height for wolf, magnificent blood red fur, keen eyes, muscular etc...
Name: Grrrht (English translation from wolf speech: Keen One)
Bio: Optional
Mythological Creatures: No
Perk: Fast
Body: Prime of my life

Here is another example:

Difficulty: Unrealistic (easy)
Scenario: Fantasy, Medieval type of country side (untamed country)
Character Type: Sea monster!
Name: Sentios Manios Lentia
Character Description: A 300 foot tall sea serpent with massive spikes jutting out of my neck, I am 20 feet wide and my tail is spiked like a club.
Bio: My name is Sentios Manios Lentia, I am used to living in the depths of the sea, fighting for my life with fierce creatures of the depth. I fear nothing and live to fight!
Mythological Creatures: Obviously since I am one!
Perk: Ability to blast sheets of ice out of my mouth (like a dragon does with fire!)
Body: Mediocre

Last Example:

Mode: Realistic
Scenario: Modern day Zombie Apocalypse
Character: Man
Name: Tony
Past Occupation: Firefighter
Height: 6 foot tall
Weight: 205 pounds
Misc Details: (hair colour, eye colour etc...)
Mythological Creatures: N/A for any choices with man as your character AND modern day as a scenario
Perk: Agile
Body: Fit

Important Notes For (you really should read this):

Descriptions: Include as much as you like into the description, but make it enough for me to be able to adequately tell how you look.
Bio: Helps me determine your storyline.
Scenario: This just determines the type of environment and creatures you'll be around. If you choose prehistoric, expect prehistoric animals to be in the gameplay (duh).
Mythological creatures: All I need is a yes or no. If you choose yes be warned that any and every manner of creature may be in your storyline (unless you request for specific types of creatures like Dragons not to be not to be).
Character: What animal are you going to be, a human, dinosaur, sea monster, goblin, ogre, orc, dragon etc...
Body: How healthy and athletic are you
Perk: Be reasonable, if you choose invincible I'll rechoose it for you.

Ah yes I almost forgot this, lastly, but not least is the example of the scenarios you will receive (I request that you post your character sheet in every comment by the way):

Example:

Past Occupation: Fireman
Height: 6 foot tall
Weight: 205 pounds
Misc Details: (hair colour, eye colour, and name, which is a must etc...)
Mythological Creatures: N/A for any choices with man AND modern day as a scenario
Body: Fit

"Tony! Hurry up, this building is coming down on top of us, we have maybe ten minutes!" Bellowed one of Tony's co-workers inside of the inferno of what was once called "Hyatt's Hotel" in downtown Detroit. "Yea, I know, just give me a moment," hollered Tony back to his co-worker kicking down the door in his path trying to get to the person on the other side of the door. For there had to be person on the other side, Tony could hear the murmuring of a man! As Tony rushed in he dived out of the way of falling masonry that was ablaze from the ceiling above him and was shocked to see a man lounge towards him. The man was missing half the fingers of his left hand, from a... bite?

Options:

1. Go towards the man and try to help him out of the building.
2. Say "insert phrase here"
3. Ask the man "are you alright!?"
4. Your choice

When choosing an option please copy paste that as well as your character sheet into your post. Thanks in advance

NOTE: You may gain perks after a while or evolve your characters. If you're a human you may grow taller, or run faster, or be stronger etc... After a while I'll evolve (upgrade) your character automatically or give it a perk after a few pages or a reasonable time-lapse.

NOTE: There are clans that you will encounter in this RPG, meaning that some creatures hunt and fight in packs (some don't though)

P.S. I may add rules and updates for this RPG, when I do so it'll be labeled as follows (and every post will be in every post I make):

Attention, Update!

Three people only right now, each player MUST choose a different character (different species) in their character sheet. It is first come first serve. If you would like to join a wait list please message my profile. If a player dies the next person in the wait list shall join the game, or if a player goes inactive for about 48 hours (two days) without warning the next player in a wait list shall be able to take over or make a new character.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*I apologize for any poor grammar are inarticulate sentences and phrasing.

• 142 Replies
Jerrbear65
Jerrbear65
173 posts
Nomad

Name: Jeremie
Biography: A very well trained FBI agent with the force for the 5th year capturing escaped convicts on his spare time while he was spending most of his time trying to take down The Company. The Company is a very bad organization set out to help themselves and protect themselves from others. They can only be compromised by obtaining Scylla, 6 black chips extremely protected and encrypted to only be read at The Company's HQ. This was my main objective to solve but I have not finished this task yet. This was my life for the last 5 years, this is why I signed up for this job, to finish this work... Now knowing that I have failed, I must make things right.
Past Occupation: FBI Agent
Height: 6 foot 1 inch tall
Weight: 209 pounds
Misc Details: Jet black hair-medium length, blueish-green eyes, medium sized ears and nose, lightly tanned skin,
Mythological Creatures: N/A for any choices with man as your character AND modern day as a scenario
Perk: Expert pistol wielder
Body: Fit and a bit muscular
Items: Radio (broken), Colt 1911 (one clip of ammo), handcuffs, and wallet, and clothing

I continue running to the emergency exit, while glancing behind me from time to time trying to understand what is going understand but still moving. Once I reached the door I opened it and shut it behind me, I take a 5 second waiting period to look around everywhere, then I start jogging to the dock with my gun at the ready looking at all of my surroundings to make sure that nobody jumps me. If I reach the dock without any issues I will be looking for a boat to steal.

trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

Scenario: War-torn sci-fi home-planet (five superpowers)
Character: Male Feline huminoid (explained below)
Name: Shadowflare
Bio: Shadowflare's family has a long-line of military troops in all branches. However, a sniper round to his father's jaw, and his mother's fighter exploding due to a QAAM missile, marked him an orphan. Six long years followed before he could join the service
Height: 6'2
Weight: 150 pounds
Misc Details: Black pelt, blue eyes, blue military uniform
Mythological Creatures: No, this is more of a sci-fi.
Body: slim
Items: Regular clothing, steak knife

Hm, they'll probably try to link back up with their unit so they don't get killed by CRAZY, OLD, BUTCHERS WITH SAMURAI SWORDS... Lol. More seriously though, I wait to see what they do. Could get a rifle if I'm unbelievably lucky.

The_Gentlemen
The_Gentlemen
177 posts
Peasant

Scenario: war ravaged (modern day)
Name: Serte Jackson
Bio: Once a soldier in the NEU, Serte quitted the job and became an hitman. Five years later, he works for the main political forces in the conflict as their most succesfull agent.
Height: 6 and a half foot tall
Weight: 234 pounds
Misc Details: Pale skin, moderately long black hair (not enough to reach the shoulders) ,azure eyes, short black beard. Muscular.
Perk: Speaking in tongues
Body: Perfect physical shape
Items: Civilian clothing

Looks like they caught me.

They are, without any doubt, the soldiers of the mens he was going to kill.

"I want to talk with your leader."

Serte asks in Russian to one of the guards

VonHeisenbourg
VonHeisenbourg
377 posts
Peasant

@Jerr
Biography: A very well trained FBI agent with the force for the 5th year capturing escaped convicts on his spare time while he was spending most of his time trying to take down The Company. The Company is a very bad organization set out to help themselves and protect themselves from others. They can only be compromised by obtaining Scylla, 6 black chips extremely protected and encrypted to only be read at The Company's HQ. This was my main objective to solve but I have not finished this task yet. This was my life for the last 5 years, this is why I signed up for this job, to finish this work... Now knowing that I have failed, I must make things right.
Misc Details: Jet black hair-medium length, blueish-green eyes, medium sized ears and nose, lightly tanned skin,
Items: Radio (broken), Colt 1911 (one clip of ammo), handcuffs, and wallet, and clothing

I continue running to the emergency exit, while glancing behind me from time to time trying to understand what is going understand but still moving. Once I reached the door I opened it and shut it behind me, I take a 5 second waiting period to look around everywhere, then I start jogging to the dock with my gun at the ready looking at all of my surroundings to make sure that nobody jumps me. If I reach the dock without any issues I will be looking for a boat to steal.

As you sprint to the end of the hallway your plans are almost instantly foiled from the get go. As you near 10 yards of the emergency exit two doors open at the far end of the hallway, one from each side of the hall. Two of these things (and you're sure they're one of the freaks because there eyes are pure grey) come out of each of the doors and cut you off. You're surrounded, what do you do (there is one door to your left, that is the only remaining door except for the two at the end of the hall that isn't blocked by these things)?

1. Your choice
2. Shoot at those things and continue onward.
3. Enter the door to your left.
4. Go back

@thegentleman

Bio: Once a soldier in the NEU, Serte quitted the job and became an hitman. Five years later, he works for the main political forces in the conflict as their most succesfull agent.
Misc Details: Pale skin, moderately long black hair (not enough to reach the shoulders) ,azure eyes, short black beard. Muscular.

Looks like they caught me.

They are, without any doubt, the soldiers of the mens he was going to kill.

"I want to talk with your leader."

Serte asks in Russian to one of the guards

"Dog! You will only speak when spoken to," sputters one of the guards in rage. He lifts his baton as if to hit you. What appears to be the leader of the group (signified by some stripes and lapels on his uniforms that the other guards do not have) calmly says "Aleksandr put your baton down now". He smiles a smile that doesn't reach his cold eyes and says to you, "you will speak to our leader alright, but when you do you'll wish you hadn't come here to assassinate our generals. Seeing the surprise in your eyes he continues to speak calmly and says "yes, we know all about you and who your employers ordered you to whack. I'm growing weary of speaking to inferior beings such as you, so now please remain silent until we arrive to where you're being imprisoned." You...

A. Respond with "insert phrase here."
B. Struggle against your chains.
C. Your choice.
D. Remain silent.

@trooper
Bio: Shadowflare's family has a long-line of military troops in all branches. However, a sniper round to his father's jaw, and his mother's fighter exploding due to a QAAM missile, marked him an orphan. Six long years followed before he could join the service

Hm, they'll probably try to link back up with their unit so they don't get killed by CRAZY, OLD, BUTCHERS WITH SAMURAI SWORDS... Lol. More seriously though, I wait to see what they do. Could get a rifle if I'm unbelievably lucky.

Yea... Crazy senile men with swords eh

As you wait behind the dumpster, you here the soldier run off towards the rest of his convoy. You didn't dare take a look at the road in case the soldier was by chance looking down the alley. What do you do?
trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

I make absolutely sure the paratroopers and the convoy aren't in the street. If they aren't, I wait a few seconds, then I make a bum-rush, and I mean rush, across the street to any other alleys. If they're still in the street, then I wait for them to leave, then wait a few seconds, finally I'll go ahead and go with the previous plan.

VonHeisenbourg
VonHeisenbourg
377 posts
Peasant

@trooper

I make absolutely sure the paratroopers and the convoy aren't in the street. If they aren't, I wait a few seconds, then I make a bum-rush, and I mean rush, across the street to any other alleys. If they're still in the street, then I wait for them to leave, then wait a few seconds, finally I'll go ahead and go with the previous plan.

You glance beside your dumpster, looking for the paratroopers. You glance left (up the the street) and see the aforementioned paratrooper in a red uniform join the Vanu convoy. Seeing as how red is not Vanu colours this only further clarifies to you that it is a joint invasion effort between the Vanu and Terran nations. You look down the street now and see no one except for fleeing and terrified civilians. You now peek around your dumpster and are dismayed to see the paratrooper camping on the roof. As if daring anyone on the street to challenge him and stay out past curfew. You think that there is 33% chance of getting to the other side of the street without being noticed. What do you do?

Surroundings: You are in the center of town right now. Heading north. You're staked out in an alley facing a street that is quickly becoming deserted. But west of this street is the Vanu/Terran convoy heading south (about 200 meters away from you), deeper into your city. There is a chance that the convoy may break off onto the street your on without notice and spot you. You also hear the other convoys approaching from the aforementioned directions Across the street is a two story building with a paratrooper in a red military uniformed camped on the roof patrolling it. Despite the fact that previously the convoy opened fire towards civilians the gun shots are now dying down. Supposedly you think that the shots were only warnings that the convoy meant business and not to test them.

The enemy now appear to be securing the town. They have stopped firing on the civilian population, they're just watching them flee in satisfaction. The paratrooper on the roof isn't always looking your direction, after all he is patrolling a fairly large buildings roof...
Jerrbear65
Jerrbear65
173 posts
Nomad

Items: Radio (broken), pistol (one clip of ammo), handcuffs, and wallet, and clothing

I go through the door to my left and I lock the door. Then I cautiously check if there is anyone in the room, if there is I smash its head in with the butt of my gun and then barricade the door with anything I can find such as dressers, desks etc...

trooper555able
trooper555able
2,316 posts
Nomad

I don't like those odds. I go into one of the doors in the alley, the closest one.

VonHeisenbourg
VonHeisenbourg
377 posts
Peasant

@Jerr
Items: Radio (broken), pistol (one clip of ammo), handcuffs, and wallet, and clothing

I go through the door to my left and I lock the door. Then I cautiously check if there is anyone in the room, if there is I smash its head in with the butt of my gun and then barricade the door with anything I can find such as dressers, desks etc...

For future reference most good hotel doors automatically lock when closed and you need a key card to enter them.

Fortunately for you the door is slightly open, so you do not need to open them, instead you quickly rush in, slam the door shut and lock the door right away. You turn around to quickly study the room and find that the room is actually very, very immense. It appears to be about 150 foot in width and 500 foot in length. There is also a stairwell leading upstairs to a second floor. You hurriedly study the room and check all the washrooms and closets on the first floor as well as second and then as fast as you can manage you haul all the furniture you can against the door, including the bed, dressers, bedside tables, and really just about everything you can.

You also already start hearing these berserk creatures banging on your door trying to get in. What do you do?

Surroundings:One flat screen T.V. in what is now a barren room and a very expensive rug beneath you seemingly made of some type of real fur. You also notice that there is a sliding glass door leading to what you assume is a patio, you aren't sure however because the curtains are drawn. In the closets are some nice suits as well and other clothing. Lastly there is a small mini bar in the corner of the room, there are some nice cool alcoholic beverages, water, juice, fruit, pecans and other nuts in it. This hotel seems to be very, very expensive and of excellent quality, perhaps a 6 six out of 5 star hotel.[i]

Options:
1. Your choice.
2. Turn on the T.V. to watch the news.
3. Open the curtains and... (elaborate here, do you want to go outside after you open the curtains if you see nothing? Or close them if you see those freaks out there).

@thegentleman Your updated story is on page five, I quoted your story line poorly so your updated story line appears as a quote instead of a /quote, if you get what I mean.

@trooper

I don't like those odds. I go into one of the doors in the alley, the closest one.

Backing away quickly but stealthily you come upon the first door available. You mutter a praise of gratitude to find that it is unlocked. As you enter the building you notice it's a small restaurant, from what you could glean from the outside was that this is a four story building, so the owners of the restaurant probably also own the second floor and use it to live in it. You have no idea where the stairs are to enter this floor or what is on the third and fourth floor. A quick search will probably find the stairs you note. If the owners of the restaurant are home they may or may not have noticed you enter, you came in fairly quietly after all. You are definitely in the stock room you realize after looking around you. All you see is the food that the restaurant serves. In coolers or freezers or boxes you see labels like, frozen vegetables, chicken, soup and lobsters. The quality of the restaurant must not be all that great if they sell frozen food and soup from cans you think wryly. The stock/pantry rooms door is open which is how you can tell this is a restaurant because through the pantry door you can see an abandoned kitchen and dining room area for the customers, plates left half eaten in a haste. What do you do...
VonHeisenbourg
VonHeisenbourg
377 posts
Peasant

Haha, I facepalm myself for my atrocious grammar mistakes and spelling in JerrBear's story line lol =)

Jerrbear65
Jerrbear65
173 posts
Nomad

Unacceptable!!

Jerrbear65
Jerrbear65
173 posts
Nomad

I turn on the Televi[/i]sion and listen to the news while pouring myself a glass of Crown Royal Black Version because I just cannot understand what happened and I sit down on a recliner but still glancing back at the door then the window from time to time. After learning what has happened on the news (whatever that is) I look for some melee weapons (like knives if there are any.

I shall also grab a bible and place it in front of the door and say 'may the power of Christ compel you!!' Hehe
(The reason for the alcohol is to loosen my tenseness.)

VonHeisenbourg
VonHeisenbourg
377 posts
Peasant

@Jerr

I turn on the Televi[/i]sion and listen to the news while pouring myself a glass of Crown Royal Black Version because I just cannot understand what happened and I sit down on a recliner but still glancing back at the door then the window from time to time. After learning what has happened on the news (whatever that is) I look for some melee weapons (like knives if there are any.

I shall also grab a bible and place it in front of the door and say 'may the power of Christ compel you!!' Hehe
(The reason for the alcohol is to loosen my tenseness.)

That bible part of your decision made me laugh, but it did nothing to these things, they're still pounding away at your door fervently wishing to get inside

Anyways, you poor yourself a glass of Crown Royal Black alcohol into a shot glass and take the shot, you like the strong taste of the whiskey and notice subtle dry fruit notes in it. You go to sit down on a recliner, but then you remember yourself putting all the furniture against the door. You change your mind about sitting down and choose to remain standing. You grab the T.V. remote and turn it on. All you receive is the "Emergency Broadcast System".

Emergency Broadcast System

You then start searching for melee weapons, unsurprisingly you find nothing of real use considering the fact that this is a very expensive hotel suite (reminiscent of a penthouse) and not an armoury, except for some premium golf clubs. This room must've had a previous tenant you think, you idly wonder what he is doing right now. Trying to maul and kill people or trying to flee the maulers?

What do you do?

Options:

1. Your choice.
2. Wait till nightfall for things to settle down.
3. Open the curtains and... (elaborate here, do you want to go outside after you open the curtains if you see nothing? Or close them if you see those freaks out there).
The_Gentlemen
The_Gentlemen
177 posts
Peasant

( You can stop suggesting things, if you want. I know how to play RPGs.)

I roll my eyes.

Not one of these idiots again.

As a smart guy said, don't argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and defeat you with experience.

Serte stays quiet.

VonHeisenbourg
VonHeisenbourg
377 posts
Peasant

@gentleman

I roll my eyes.

Not one of these idiots again.

As a smart guy said, don't argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and defeat you with experience.

Serte stays quiet.

You stay quiet for the remainder of your trip. The officer or sergeant that spoke with you earlier tells you and your fellow prisoners: "you had best not try anything funny when we arrive at лиÑа озеÑа (Fox River) penitentiary, or you will end up regretting it. When we arrive to this prison in 1hr and a half you will wait several hours before interrogation for each of your heinous crimes." When the man said interrogation his tone changed and he smiled coldly, making you think it would be no civil interrogation. You also vaguely recall that this penitentiary is several hours outside of the town you were previously in to whack the generals. You realize that you must have been passed out for 2-3 hours, probably due to sedatives. No regular hit to the back of your skull would keep you out so long.

The prisoner beside you comically retorts: "When we arrive at this prison we will be told the charges against us and have an attorney appointed to us so long as we can not afford one ourselves and have the right to remain silent until then. Right sir?" The officer's face grows lividly pale in outrage, he nods to Aleksandr who grinning picks up his baton and makes to hit the man in the ribs savagely when you suddenly hear explosions outside. Aleksandr forgets about abusing the prisoner and says "what the hell is goi..." he is unable to finish his sentence because he goes flying as your armoured van is lifted out of the air and goes flying several feet before bouncing off the ground with a nasty thudding sound. You're fortunate that you were placed on this side of the armoured van otherwise you would have went flying forwards, and with your legs chained to the seat you would have suffered some serious wounds and whip-lash, with all its inherent side effects. As it is the other guards and officer go flying across the armoured vehicle and crash against the wall above and beside you.

You are still relatively disorientated, but nonetheless you still hear another small explosion and see the door to the amoured truck fly off it's hinges. Outside are a dozen armed men in civilian clothing wearing no identifying uniforms or insignia's. Two men come in armed with assault rifles and dispatches all the guards save for the officer. One of the men says in an odd Russian dialect that you barely understand "bring this one to Nikolas, he may know some valuable information." The second man responds with "Sir, yes sir". The second man looks at you suspiciously and says "This one, we don't know him, he could be a double agent or spy, shall I take care of him comrade?"

Not liking where this discussion is going, what do you do?

[i]Disclaimer: I do not profess to 100% accuracy in historic details, places and city locations. I also do not profess to knowing about how certain people would react in certain situations or all the proper languages spoken in certain regions of countries and the world. I shall try my best to make it seem realistic though
Showing 46-60 of 142