ForumsGamesShould I buy Xbox 360 or PS3?

74 11054
snowman12345
snowman12345
19 posts
Nomad

I am just wondering which system I should buy out of these two.

This is a list of Pro's and Con's (My Opinion)

Xbox 360

Pro's

- More games that I would like to play
- Costs less
- I am more of a fan of Xbox

Con's

- The red ring of death
- The many problems that happen with Xbox 360
- I only have about 2 good games for Xbox so i would have the purchase a game or two for the Xbox 360
- I have to pay for online play

PS3

Pro's

- I have lots of games for the PS2 that I can use on the PS3
- Free online play
- The majority of my friends have PS3
- Better graphics

Con's

- It is more expensive
- Less games I would enjoy playing

That is it for now. Please comment on what system you think I should buy or maybe some more Pro's or Con's about that system to help me decide better.

• 74 Replies
kielzanie
kielzanie
473 posts
Nomad

oh yeah and hive stinks!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my friends have it and say it is the most disappointing game of the world!!

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

ya i would go with x box the ps3 still has tons of bugs my freind blew up like i mean it started to smoke and dosnt work anymore but his x box which he has had for ever still works fine

Henkie87
Henkie87
13 posts
Nomad

i should buy the PS3, cause the cons of it will 'ay' back later.
i have a few friends with a Xbox360 and they all saw the red ring of death.. and they wern't to happy with it. And besides the PS3 is better with online gaming, and overall gaming

SO THE PS3 is OK!

Soho
Soho
131 posts
Nomad

The PS3 is way better than the Xbox360, with graphics and games.

Hyukjin
Hyukjin
80 posts
Nomad

X-Box 360 can play music during play whereas the PS3s music you can only access from the main menu.
The X-Box 360 can also get mods (albeit illegally) online.
The PS3 has better graphics (for most games, some are crud) but the games take almost generations to come out.
If your a gamer who takes his/her time with games, like the perfectionists that NEED to get 100%, I suggest the PS3.
The PS3 is more of a hardcore gamer (in his basement playing all day trying to get all the flags in assassin's creed) whereas the X-Box 360 is more for the average casual gamer with games coming out like every month.

So if you're a gamer who NEEDS to play every game he/she has 100%, I suggest the PS3 because with the unusually long wait time for games, you kind of HAVE to play games till 100%

But if you just sit down every now and then for a decent gaming session, I recommend the X-Box 360.

As far as bugs and weirding out of the system goes, I would stick with the PS3 until more of the 360s kinks are worked out

Kamacaz
Kamacaz
133 posts
Nomad

PS3 SUCKS. BAD GRAPHICS AND ITS MORE FOR 10- KIDS. XBOX 360 IS FOR REAL GAMERS, HAS XBL, AND BETTER GAMES! I had an xbox and loved it but 360 is more favored. My PS2 broke after I moved it and dropped 6 inches. My xbox survives a one and a half foot fall. Sony can't make consoles like Microsoft.

thegreatgammersback
thegreatgammersback
22 posts
Blacksmith

PS3 all the way man

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

If the majority of your friends have Ps3 why not get it?
More friends with Ps3 = more you pwning them in online.

xbox360 is the poor man's Ps3

apparatus
apparatus
23 posts
Nomad

ps3 if all your buds have one
thats what i would do
but i really like the 360 too

dragoncrusher
dragoncrusher
773 posts
Peasant

360 all the way man!

Assassin43
Assassin43
22 posts
Nomad

i would say xbox 360 because

(1) you get free demos if u have xbox live

(2)better games to play

(3)more online games

the only thing you have to watch out for is dont put the 360 on a carpet or it starts to get staticy and kinda blows the system

SAL37
SAL37
447 posts
Peasant

PS3!!!

KHROME
KHROME
618 posts
Nomad

PS3 definitly! Built in free online, Blu-ray. More and better games.

curtisawesomo
curtisawesomo
22 posts
Nomad

halo right now is almost obsolete compared to cod4 and mgs4. ps3 has a blue ray player inside. xbox only has an "hd dvd player". xbox at the most can only out put at 720p. ps3 outputs at 1080p. ps3 also has motion sensing sixaxis built into the controller. ps3 also has a built in lithium rechargable battery. the xbox controller i really heavy and you have to constantly buying batteries for it or buy rechargables. ps3 controllers are light and when they are low on bettery, you just plug it into the ps3. ps3 can even web browse. xbox might be thinking of making that possible for 360 owners but if they are, it's probly another 60 buck you'll have to pay to use. Dont get me started on the red ring of death! did you kno that 360's had over 30% fail rate because of the red ring. almost every one of my friends had to send their xbox in or buy a new one because they had the red ring. The ps3 is also a lot quieter. the fan iside the ps3 is much more efficient. xbox came out with a cooling station that you can attach to your 360. this also costs 30 to 40 dollars. but the bad thing is, seeing that a lot of 360's have the red ring, there have been many incidents where the outside overheats so much that the cooling station actually melts onto the 360! that's not good!

Showing 61-74 of 74