ForumsGamesShould I buy Xbox 360 or PS3?

74 11056
snowman12345
snowman12345
19 posts
Nomad

I am just wondering which system I should buy out of these two.

This is a list of Pro's and Con's (My Opinion)

Xbox 360

Pro's

- More games that I would like to play
- Costs less
- I am more of a fan of Xbox

Con's

- The red ring of death
- The many problems that happen with Xbox 360
- I only have about 2 good games for Xbox so i would have the purchase a game or two for the Xbox 360
- I have to pay for online play

PS3

Pro's

- I have lots of games for the PS2 that I can use on the PS3
- Free online play
- The majority of my friends have PS3
- Better graphics

Con's

- It is more expensive
- Less games I would enjoy playing

That is it for now. Please comment on what system you think I should buy or maybe some more Pro's or Con's about that system to help me decide better.

• 74 Replies
kingofgames
kingofgames
610 posts
Farmer

btw you have to buy a 60 gb ps3 like me or you cant play youre ps2 games on it, if you buy 40 gb then you can throw youre ps2 games away

Haps
Haps
6 posts
Blacksmith

If i had to pick, i'd go with XBOX360, but if money isnt a factor for you, you should take PS3.
The PS3 has better graphics, a built in blu-ray player and free online. You might say that PS3 doesnt have that many games, but these days, most games come out for PS3 and XBOX360 at the same time, so that isnt a problem. Also, some people don't want a PS3 because it soesn't have Halo, but in my opinion, Halo is overrated.

Go with the PS3.

Haps
Haps
6 posts
Blacksmith

I forgot a few things:
XBOX360 breaks/overheats more than the PS3.
I have a friend who has sent in his XBOX 4 times to get fixed.
Also, you can play all the PS2 games on PS3, and we al know that PS2 was the best console of its generation (gamecube-XBOX-PS2)

Pssghetti
Pssghetti
5 posts
Nomad

Normally I would recommend that you get a 360. But in your case, since all your friends have a PS3 you should get the PS3.

simpsonsrule
simpsonsrule
5 posts
Nomad

Xbox 360! because theres this game called viva pinata and the new viva pinata is coming out on the 26th of September , its called viva pinata trouble in paradise!!!

OmFgeViLBbQ
OmFgeViLBbQ
16 posts
Nomad

Think about it, a PS3? $400.00? So 2-3 years later it breaks you tell me your gonna have another $400.00 under your matress? 360 is only $250.00, and getting it fixed which costs $50.00 to $90.00 rather than paying $100.00 to $150.00 for PS3.PS3 less games, 360 more ppl play it, more games costs less lasts 5 years even more if in better condition. 360 is my choice...

jjbb18
jjbb18
398 posts
Nomad

if you got the money defo get the PS3 like mee

warthogm12
warthogm12
24 posts
Nomad

i have a xbox360 elite and it pretty good but if u do get an xbox you get the pro or the elite ok look if u get the elite xbox360 it has 120gb but i preffer the ps3 better graphics but the xbox360 has ok graphics so go for the ps3

Biohazard1005
Biohazard1005
56 posts
Nomad

Go with xbox360,the red ring of death is very unfortunate but the company has fixed many defects in the console so u dont have to worry about it

Camofrog08
Camofrog08
28 posts
Nomad

BUY THE XBOX 3060!!! thats all I have to say..... since i won one -.-

Camofrog08
Camofrog08
28 posts
Nomad

im sorry i didnt win one i bought it XD

KHROME
KHROME
618 posts
Nomad

PS3, i have it, and it PWNZ!

murph3
murph3
67 posts
Nomad

360 because its graphics chip is more superior than ps3.better games.online u buy but its not expensive.but most of ur friends hav ps3.so u do hav a tough choice.btw,i havent got the red ring of death 4 2 years.

jjbb18
jjbb18
398 posts
Nomad

PS3 coz i just 2 amazing PS3 exclusives HAZE (bit like halo but way better) Metal Gear Solid 4 its amazing trust me. Oh and GT5 proologe good cant wait till the full version

Rasengan360
Rasengan360
165 posts
Nomad

I don't have any of those systems, but I were to choose which one I wanted, PS3 is the one I want

Showing 16-30 of 74