ForumsGamesShould I buy Xbox 360 or PS3?

74 11055
snowman12345
snowman12345
19 posts
Nomad

I am just wondering which system I should buy out of these two.

This is a list of Pro's and Con's (My Opinion)

Xbox 360

Pro's

- More games that I would like to play
- Costs less
- I am more of a fan of Xbox

Con's

- The red ring of death
- The many problems that happen with Xbox 360
- I only have about 2 good games for Xbox so i would have the purchase a game or two for the Xbox 360
- I have to pay for online play

PS3

Pro's

- I have lots of games for the PS2 that I can use on the PS3
- Free online play
- The majority of my friends have PS3
- Better graphics

Con's

- It is more expensive
- Less games I would enjoy playing

That is it for now. Please comment on what system you think I should buy or maybe some more Pro's or Con's about that system to help me decide better.

• 74 Replies
dragoncrusher
dragoncrusher
773 posts
Peasant

Xbox 360

bloodcorona
bloodcorona
70 posts
Nomad

PS3 rocks[b]

BluTheDesolate
BluTheDesolate
14 posts
Nomad

The best thing you can do is to play both systems and decide for yourself, each system has different specs, games, controls. it is all a matter of personal preference really. If it were me I would get both, I already have a 360 and love it. So I would suspect that i will enjoy a PS3 about the same as and Xbox 360

tuir
tuir
13 posts
Nomad

PS3, definitly the best graphics and even though the game selection is smaller resistance 2 is coming out and the has 60 man multiplayer and which game has that on the 360? none?

DivineDarkness
DivineDarkness
1,226 posts
Nomad

Resistance fall of man got banned in england for being to violent didn't it? Or was that some other bloody game?

I'd say 360, Hook it up to your computer and then you can play your Itunes songs while playing Halo, download some things on to your xbox watch video game trailers.

o and the PSN claims to have, "No Lag" Which is the fattest lie in the history of lies!! (I have both, so far the coolest game for ps3 is Motor Storm!!

jjbb18
jjbb18
398 posts
Nomad

The 360 is a WAYYYYY better choice. I was just like you last christmas, but I just went for the 360 and I'm glad that I did. The 360 has better graphics, even most people don't think so. Also, you can get a membership on Xbox live for 13 months for only $90.00. Now yeah its a good bit of money, but thats a whole year playin Halo 3, or GTA4 online.

basicly everythink u just sed is a lie PS3 has better graphics even xbox admit this. i think u ment 12 mouths and its $50 in US but a fair bit more in UK or other contries. And you gave 2 resons to buy a xbox witch suggests there is no other good points for xbox. GET A PS3 WE CAN BE FRIENDS LOL
jjbb18
jjbb18
398 posts
Nomad

Resistance fall of man got banned in england for being to violent didn't it? Or was that some other bloody game?
I'd say 360, Hook it up to your computer and then you can play your Itunes songs while playing Halo, download some things on to your xbox watch video game trailers.
o and the PSN claims to have, "No Lag" Which is the fattest lie in the history of lies!! (I have both, so far the coolest game for ps3 is Motor Storm!!

ive never had lag but xbox has way more but PSN does have to have lag. wow i tunes just plug ipod mp3 player into PS3. you have get vido trailers onto ps3 and the best game will be GT5 but atm its MGS4
DivineDarkness
DivineDarkness
1,226 posts
Nomad

The graphics are the same in my opinion, just depends on the game, like quake 4 it had sucky graphics but halo 3 had awesome graphics, for no reason it's because the game itself didn't have good graphics, not because some blue ray crap

zeroskater123
zeroskater123
243 posts
Nomad

there both good systems so its just your choice but if it was me ide go for 360

Devil_may_cry
Devil_may_cry
130 posts
Nomad

Buy the ps3 u pretty answered yourself look at your pro and aginst list. i will only put here that the new ff coming next year and it will be the firs ff on the next gen consels.

PieGuy
PieGuy
248 posts
Peasant

PS3 if you wanna roast hot dogs Xbox for everything else, all you need is HALO 3, COD 4, and Dead Rising, but get Gears 2 when it comes out

Sniper_fighter
Sniper_fighter
35 posts
Nomad

Ps3 all the way

baseballfamer123
baseballfamer123
321 posts
Nomad

Buy a PS3, it is a way better system.

Futuro
Futuro
108 posts
Nomad

I don't have either but i have played both of them. And i personal would pick the xbox360 (1) it has the best grahic's but the ps3 is right behind it. (2) it has a awesome menu of chosse.

kielzanie
kielzanie
473 posts
Nomad

get the 360 man!!!! if you are having trouble with your electricity bill, the PS3 will hurt u a lot!!!! 360 has better games and graphics are really good and the same graphics as the ps3. some games have even better. look at the ps3 it only has a few good games on it,metal gear solid 4, heavenly sword, warhawk, and that first person shooter that was one of the first games on the ps3. although they are good games, 360 has better ones. much better ones!! some of my friends have both and say 360 are better. and with the red ring of death, they found a cure or something like that. new xbox 360s dont get it. some do though so be prepared if you get it. and when i got it, i waited 3 weeks for them to send me a new one. ive had it for one year now and still didnt have a slight problem!!! and plus they gave me forza motor sport 2 and 3 months of xbox live free!! plus, you cant go wrong with $6 each month!! xbox live is incredible!!!!!!!!!! love it!! in your case, you only have a few xbox games and a lot of your friends have the ps3. you might want to get the ps3. but with the xbox you will not go wrong!!!!

Showing 46-60 of 74