ForumsGamesPlaying as a girl.

69 16167
Prizrak232
Prizrak232
1 posts
Nomad

Alright I'm a close to normal guy, but I've put almost 21,000 hours into the Fallout series and I would say about 3/4 of those 21,000 hours I played as a female, and now I find myself playing as a female in almost any game you can. My friends think I'm weird or quote "gay" for doing so. So I guess what am asking is what do you guys and gals think of it?

• 69 Replies
Crickster
Crickster
1,795 posts
Blacksmith

I only play an girl in games if i have to (or because they die if i don't) but i find it
funny when an girl Irl dominate an man in team fortress 2.

matrixdiscoking
matrixdiscoking
130 posts
Nomad

In halo 4 the hitbox for females is smaller but im still a male cuz the female lokks weird in armor

ChiakixSama
ChiakixSama
9 posts
Nomad

I have no problem with guys playing as girls or vice versa. I honestly prefer to play as male characters, even as a girl, not because of a preference. I just tend to have more guys as my favorite characters. Whenever my friends are over and play video games, they tend to choose their gender. I more or less do not care which I am, I care about the stats and such.

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

I go as a male character every time unless they are preset characters like in dead island then if they have the skill I want I have no choice but to go with that character otherwise as I am male I go with a male character because I dont want to be a girl so I see no reason to go as a female character I think if you go as a girl then you must have some urge to be a girl so I do think it is pretty gay tbh otherwise you would just go as a male character.

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

I think if you go as a girl then you must have some urge to be a girl so I do think it is pretty gay tbh otherwise you would just go as a male character.

but i like the female figure more then the male figure.
since i have to watch my char. all the time while playing. i rather look at the female figure.
is it gay that i like a female figure over a male figure when i am a male myself?
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

I think if you go as a girl then you must have some urge to be a girl so I do think it is pretty gay tbh otherwise you would just go as a male character.

A couple reasons to be a girl character.

1) What partydevil said.
2) People give you things (lol)
3) In RPGs, there are often different plot lines for different genders.
4) Does it really matter? It's a game, get over it.
gaboloth
gaboloth
1,613 posts
Peasant

I can see how objectifying a person is bad, but video game characters always looked more similar to objects than to people, being inanimate strings of bits and stuff. So I'm not too sure what is the problem with objectifying an object. I think I would find it much weirder if one treated a female game character as an actual woman.

jmababa
jmababa
54 posts
Shepherd

girl in fallout 3 is not great male is cause the girl from the vault will like you and help you more

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

1) What partydevil said.
2) People give you things (lol)
3) In RPGs, there are often different plot lines for different genders.
4) Does it really matter? It's a game, get over it.

1) Good point but still your playing as a girl
2) Why the hell would anyone do that because your a female character
3) But you would be missing out on the male plotline if this is so I personally have never played a game where the plotline is majorly different it only ever varies a tiny bit from the games I've played
4) I'm just helping people come out of the closet
d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

In halo 4 the hitbox for females is smaller

Lol no.

People who play MMOs are sometimes sad, desperate people. What a shock.
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

1) Good point but still your playing as a girl

and that makes me gay?
liking a female over a male when your a male is gay? thats weird.
i'd say playing a male is more gay. looking at a muscular guy all the time and playing whit him. mha what is the fun in that?
i rather look at some nice curves then muscles.

same reason why people do that in real life.

HAHAHAHA xD oh wait.... your serious, arn't you?
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

I see nothing wrong with playing as a girl, I fail to see how it makes you gay, or means that you want to be female, or . . .

I can understand the reasoning behind not wanting to look at a male figure for 50+ hours too (at least, in good games).

But for me, I like to be the character in the game, that is usually the objective of those big huge RPG/Adventure games (ME for example). The only time I would use a female character is if they have better abilities. (example from a game I have played, Heaven Besieged (a custom map in SC 2), their are several heroes available, several of which (the archangels Seraphiel (Nova) and Raphael (Medivac) as well as arch-demon Abbadon (kerrigan) are represented by female units, and most heroes are balanced, so choosing these characters would make sense.

Also, in the campaign for Heart of the Swarm, Kerrigan is just awesome.

~~~Darth Caedus

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Because they assume you are female as well.

That's quite offensive, and not at all true. Playing as a girl does not mean you are gay.

I recommend talking to Xzeno about this..he seems the most fit for putting you in your place
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

I like to be the character in the game, that is usually the objective of those big huge RPG/Adventure games

depends on how you see it.
let's take the elder scrolls for example:
if i just play as myself then i always use the same skills and same options in dialog etc..
i for 1 find it more fun to think of a char. and give them a personality befor hand and play the game as if i were that person.
i can play myself everyday in real life already you see. (that sounds wrong xD )
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

depends on how you see it.
let's take the elder scrolls for example:
if i just play as myself then i always use the same skills and same options in dialog etc..
i for 1 find it more fun to think of a char. and give them a personality befor hand and play the game as if i were that person.
i can play myself everyday in real life already you see. (that sounds wrong xD )

I guess that makes sense.

So basically, you do this.

"Who should I be now, oh, I know, I will be a (insert random race) who likes to use (insert random weapon(s))"

~~~Darth Caedus
Showing 31-45 of 69