ForumsGamesPlaying as a girl.

69 16170
Prizrak232
Prizrak232
1 posts
Nomad

Alright I'm a close to normal guy, but I've put almost 21,000 hours into the Fallout series and I would say about 3/4 of those 21,000 hours I played as a female, and now I find myself playing as a female in almost any game you can. My friends think I'm weird or quote "gay" for doing so. So I guess what am asking is what do you guys and gals think of it?

• 69 Replies
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

"Who should I be now, oh, I know, I will be a (insert random race) who likes to use (insert random weapon(s))"

more like:
i'm going to be "a pissed of mage" or "a friendly thief" or "a fighter that can't make decisions very well"

i once had a super friendly (orc) fighter that only used a warhammers and unarmored. he liked to talk whit people but didn't want to get involved in the problems of others. so he often decided to not help people whit their quests and only do those quests that didn't involve pissing someone of in some way.
but then he become a vampire. but i didn't know that untill it was to late.
no one wanted to talk whit him anymore and they thought he was some kind of monster. he didn't like it that no one wanted to talk because that was his most favorite thing in life. so he made a quest for himself. and it was to kill literally everyone that didn't want to talk whit him. and untill today he has only found 3 people in all of morrowind that wants to talk whit him. all the rest is dead.

thats the story of my super friendly vampire orc. xD

i like to build some background story when i build a char for TES games (and some others) and play the game as them, not as myself. =)
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

i like to build some background story when i build a char

or at least some characteristics that the person i'm going to play possesses.
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

i like to add i more thing, sorry for the triple post.

also it's fun to change some obvious things. like for example the friendly thief:
one would normally make a khajiit or wood elf for their skills. but it's also fun to just make a kleptomanic high elve. he would then be very high of themselves because.. well hey, there is even high in the name of my race. (at this point already thinking like him =P) and he will do everything to keep his name for the good of the people but mostly himselve. because he is kleptomanic, he feels deep inside that he is wrong and just leaves everyone behind whit just a penny. he is constant bringing people stuff he stole back to people he once has stole from. NOT to his rightfull owners of course but he switches all their stuff. he can't imagion what will happen if his, his name will be in the same sentence as stealing? oh no, he has to much proud for that.

and thats basically how i make a character for those kinda games.
now i have to go and instal oblivion again, to make and probably play him.

d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

to just make a kleptomanic

All of my characters are like that. Half of the books in Skyrim are sitting in my house. I have around 800 iron arrows, but I keep stealing them from guards. Because I want more. I don't even use bows.
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

All of my characters are like that. Half of the books in Skyrim are sitting in my house. I have around 800 iron arrows, but I keep stealing them from guards. Because I want more. I don't even use bows.

i mend real kleptomanic, in it's worst form.
he will clean out entire rooms whit people still in there, eventually.
and dumb allot of items in houses i return to for some reason.
and picking it up on my 3rd return. etc. etc.

why? because that is what this character would do.
but i guess that he will try to avoid going into houses after some time. to try to stop his. "strange behavior" (when i get tired of doing it.)
steege
steege
9 posts
Shepherd

i see no problem with it.

Outcast_Gamer117
Outcast_Gamer117
22 posts
Nomad

I don't mind playing as a female character at all as well especially if it's online, you can get free stuff.

HappySunFlow
HappySunFlow
28 posts
Farmer

As a girl, I usually play with a female avatar in a game (obviously), especially in mmo's, but in single-player games where you can choose between either gender, I sometimes choose male characters.
For me, the character that I control in a game rarely reflects who I am personally, but is rather a character that I've created and am role-playing, so to speak. So it doesn't really matter whether it's a male or female or whatever character, because it's not supposed to be a mirror of your own self.
Especially in games where the choice between male and female main character has an impact on the story, such as in KotOR 2, or provides with a different set of skills, such as in countless RPGs, I tend to play first as a woman, then as a man.
Besides, I love having my character strip to his waist and punch everybody and everything with his bare fists. And you don't get quite the same effect if a female character is doing it...

T_Slice
T_Slice
42 posts
Shepherd

I dont feel like a ****** when i play as woman espacially in fallout. I guess im a sexist

T_Slice
T_Slice
42 posts
Shepherd

thats supposed to say Bad ***

DidactUnbound
DidactUnbound
370 posts
Nomad

I admit, I have done so before, but only in Monster Hunter and Mass Effect 3. But I think everyone has a profile for each gender in RPG's, but I could be wrong.

Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

I always play as a diva in wwe xD.

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

I don't really care if a man plays like a woman or viceversa. What I do know is that I'd rather play as a male in most games because they don't look as scrawny and (frankly, weak) as females. Dunno, guess I'm sexist.

'specially in games like TES. All hail the Argonian Male!

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

I'd rather play as a male in most games because they don't look as scrawny and (frankly, weak) as females. Dunno, guess I'm sexist.
This probably isn't you being sexist, tbh. It's the game makers in most cases because they wanna do ~sex appeal~.

Also, I can't speak for TES, but in Skyrim? Hecks yeah, argonian males for the win.

Several of my irl, straight, male friends play as female characters more often than not because they, uh, like the view.
I usually go with male characters because there's less chance of excessive skimpiness or excessive girliness (have you people seen the female characters in pokemon games, I don't even).
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Speaking of Skeerim...I love that they give the females matching outfits that aren't basically armored bikinis

Showing 46-60 of 69