Forums

ForumsVideo Games

Playing as a girl.

Posted Apr 17, '13 at 10:05pm

shidazenmai

shidazenmai

5 posts

It is much easier to ask players for help or sympathy if your character and character name is for a girl ^_^

Posted Apr 17, '13 at 10:50pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,544 posts

Now, I play a female in basically every game I get a choice. Sometimes I refuse to play a game because I'm forced to be a male (Fable). If I'm given a choice, I always select the lesbian romance option.

I imagine that you will probably find this a silly question..but my curiosity is peaked...why do you play as a woman and always choose the lesbian romance option?

Playing a female character expressly to "do lesbian stuff" is also objectifying and homophobic.

Whoap..this one is at me. Or maybe not. I'll address it anyways.
I was like 11 when I did that..I was new to the whole "Hormones" thing. I had no full concept on objectification of women. In fact, it wasn't even the women performing the act that intrigued me..but the idea of the act itself.

The comment itself was merely a joke. I really only did it a couple of times..but know that the action is somewhat of a common thing among some.

Posted Apr 18, '13 at 8:35pm

Xzeno

Xzeno

2,082 posts

I imagine that you will probably find this a silly question

It's actually a pretty good one. It's a long story. It's complicated. I don't have a nice answer really. If you really care, you should swing by CT sometime.

Posted Apr 23, '13 at 4:36pm

Crickster

Crickster

505 posts

I only play an girl in games if i have to (or because they die if i don't) but i find it
funny when an girl Irl dominate an man in team fortress 2.

Posted Apr 23, '13 at 5:14pm

matrixdiscoking

matrixdiscoking

119 posts

In halo 4 the hitbox for females is smaller but im still a male cuz the female lokks weird in armor

Posted Apr 24, '13 at 4:06pm

ChiakixSama

ChiakixSama

9 posts

I have no problem with guys playing as girls or vice versa. I honestly prefer to play as male characters, even as a girl, not because of a preference. I just tend to have more guys as my favorite characters. Whenever my friends are over and play video games, they tend to choose their gender. I more or less do not care which I am, I care about the stats and such.

Posted Apr 27, '13 at 6:37pm

Gamer_Cale

Gamer_Cale

1,414 posts

I go as a male character every time unless they are preset characters like in dead island then if they have the skill I want I have no choice but to go with that character otherwise as I am male I go with a male character because I dont want to be a girl so I see no reason to go as a female character I think if you go as a girl then you must have some urge to be a girl so I do think it is pretty gay tbh otherwise you would just go as a male character.

Posted Apr 28, '13 at 10:36pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,097 posts

I think if you go as a girl then you must have some urge to be a girl so I do think it is pretty gay tbh otherwise you would just go as a male character.

but i like the female figure more then the male figure.
since i have to watch my char. all the time while playing. i rather look at the female figure.
is it gay that i like a female figure over a male figure when i am a male myself?

Posted Apr 29, '13 at 2:22am

Kasic

Kasic

5,572 posts

I think if you go as a girl then you must have some urge to be a girl so I do think it is pretty gay tbh otherwise you would just go as a male character.

A couple reasons to be a girl character.

1) What partydevil said.
2) People give you things (lol)
3) In RPGs, there are often different plot lines for different genders.
4) Does it really matter? It's a game, get over it.

Posted Apr 29, '13 at 9:21am

gaboloth

gaboloth

1,372 posts

I can see how objectifying a person is bad, but video game characters always looked more similar to objects than to people, being inanimate strings of bits and stuff. So I'm not too sure what is the problem with objectifying an object. I think I would find it much weirder if one treated a female game character as an actual woman.

Reply to Playing as a girl.

You must be logged in to post a reply!