Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

Armor Games' Armatar Contest: 2012 Winter Edition!

Thread Locked

Posted Dec 10, '12 at 8:03am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

7,990 posts

@ GhostOfHorror : That's not certain yet... the contest has been running for 2 days, so we'll have to see when the first batch is ready for the picking. I will notify about it in this thread though, ok? =)

@ EmperorPalpatine : Great work! If I had to choose, I would pick the one with the chimney on the left side though... that would look more balanced. Also, the one with the blown up house is better for scaling down eventually. ;)

@ Patrick2011 : I like your snowflake and the updated castle. Looks much better with the darker blue background! Good job! =)

@ pickpocket : It's a wonderful image! Even though it might look like Santa is taking the present, it all depends on how you see it. You can also think the other way around... if you want to change it, it is up to you, but I like it the way it is already! =)

@ 70_70_70 : I like your new submission, allthough I have to point out that it will look better without the star on Santa's hat... it looks a little odd with Santa this way. =/

And I'm working on a few right now, so you'll have to wait untill later today for my submissions... better prepare yourself for a snowball fight! ;)

Posted Dec 10, '12 at 10:13am

nichodemus

nichodemus

11,868 posts

Knight

Any news of it Day?

Posted Dec 10, '12 at 10:17am

pickpocket

pickpocket

3,346 posts

By the position of the present, it almost looks like Santa is taking it away lol.

True, but I made the kids arms last. Poor planning on my part. I originally had the kids hands up higher, but they looked freakishly long before. Ill think Ill leave it how it is. DayCee made me feel like I should stop being harsh on myself. Or, at least tone it down a little. Im always critical on myself.
Ill make some more soon.

Posted Dec 10, '12 at 10:53am

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,689 posts

Knight

Any news of it Day?

It's been two hours since he posted... they probably won't see his notification until later on today or even tomorrow.

Anyway, most of the pictures here look great. I can't wait to see them in the control panel.

Posted Dec 10, '12 at 10:57am

nichodemus

nichodemus

11,868 posts

Knight

It's been two hours since he posted... they probably won't see his notification until later on today or even tomorrow.

He posted the message with regards to mine a day ago.

Posted Dec 10, '12 at 11:40am

GhostOfHorror

GhostOfHorror

801 posts

@Triple 70 Santa looks good, but I don't know why he's wearing glasses or has a red nose, and it might look better if the snowball was white and didn't have a face but the Santa itself is good.

@DayCee Oh, alright.
Who's picking if the armatar's are good enough quality to be submitted?

Posted Dec 10, '12 at 1:10pm

Ferret

Ferret

5,512 posts

Administrator

Looking good guys, keep up the good work. :)

Posted Dec 10, '12 at 1:18pm

joeybetz

joeybetz

107 posts

Knight

Here is one using some assets from my upcoming game. I had Jimp make me a Santa.
http://i.imgur.com/SVTWw.png

Posted Dec 10, '12 at 3:52pm

Bronze

Bronze

2,337 posts

^ You could make 2 out of that. A close up of the moon and a close up of Santa.

And here are two more!

Yellow snow!
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss282/BronzeCAE09/yellow.jpg

And wolf.
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss282/BronzeCAE09/winterwolf.jpg

The first one is a joke, btw.

Posted Dec 10, '12 at 3:59pm

GhostOfHorror

GhostOfHorror

801 posts

@Joey That looks great! :D

@Bronze Wow. Just wow. That yellow snow looks AMAZING.
But on a serious note; that wolf looks great. And, I mean great.