Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

Is cracking your knuckles bad for you?

Posted Jan 7, '13 at 11:50am

light_chaser

light_chaser

659 posts

to the people who say it gives you arthiritis:  no, just no.

there was a study, and the people who cracked their knuckles had less arthiritis than the people who didnt crack their knuckles.  amazing, huh.

Posted Jan 7, '13 at 12:28pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

4,948 posts

Knight

there was a study, and the people who cracked their knuckles had less arthiritis than the people who didnt crack their knuckles.  amazing, huh.

Pff, studies...

You can strengthen your finger strength and grip by working the muscles, perhaps by squeezing a stress ball.

Just what I thought, nothing a weeny bit of training can fix.

Posted Jan 7, '13 at 12:29pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

4,948 posts

Knight

can

*can't

Posted Jan 7, '13 at 4:11pm

GandalftheGrey666

GandalftheGrey666

1,786 posts

Well,so we came to an answer that you can crack your knuckles.

Posted Jan 7, '13 at 10:15pm

Minotaur55

Minotaur55

1,231 posts

Knight

I've been cracking knuckles since I learned how to (which was kinda late), I thing it does no damage whatsoever. Even if it did, very minimal damage.

Posted Jan 7, '13 at 11:16pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,950 posts

My thumbs are triple jointed and cracking generally leads to severe inflammation and lots of pain. My left thumb is about twice the size of the average person's simply because of the swelling and excess dead skin. I don't suggest doing it if you have triple or even double jointed fingers.

Posted Jan 7, '13 at 11:27pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,569 posts

I don't suggest doing it if you have triple or even double jointed fingers.

7 out of 10 of my fingers are double jointed and I've never had any problems from cracking my knuckles, which I've been doing since I was around 8 years old.

Posted Jan 7, '13 at 11:44pm

xeano321

xeano321

2,546 posts

Knight

Although I suppose if you're too forceful you could damage something...but generally you stop when there's pain.

*grunting and strenuous breathing while pulling on finger...* POP!! AAAAHHHHH.... Phew, that feels better.

like one time i was lenning on a chair and my cracked and it hurt

You cracked what?

Posted Jan 8, '13 at 12:26am

xxBoogeymaNxx

xxBoogeymaNxx

85 posts

I'm assuming he probably cracked his back since he was leaning in a chair.

Posted Jan 8, '13 at 1:16am

JuicyFruits

JuicyFruits

171 posts

A lot of people tell me that the only thing that happens if you crack your knuckles is they just get bigger.I'm not sure if its true though but my brother cracks his knuckles all the time and his knuckles are huge.Once in awhile I will crack my knuckles, but I don't do it as much as I used to.

Reply to Is cracking your knuckles bad for you?

You must be logged in to post a reply!