Forums

ForumsPopular Media

Anime and Manga

Posted May 7, '13 at 4:58pm

rayoflight3

rayoflight3

435 posts

I recently finished Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom and Ga-Rei Zero. Both are great, character-driven anime, but I especially recommend Ga-Rei: Zero. It's one of the most touching, albeit tragic, anime I've seen in a while, at least in my opinion. It also has some very nicely animated action scenes.

Posted May 16, '13 at 12:43am

Jblaze101

Jblaze101

461 posts

What happened to the other post of anime?

Posted May 16, '13 at 3:56pm

thebluerabbit

thebluerabbit

2,917 posts

hmmm... ive thought of starting to watch higurashi but i know its really dark and psychological and idk if id react well to that XP

ive watched elfen lied which people online said was more gory (there were parts that were difficult for me to watch but ive managed XP) but less psychologicaly disturbing then higurashi.

Posted May 18, '13 at 12:06am

samiel

samiel

355 posts

I'm a bit o a fan of "FMA:brotherhood" I love "bleach" and "Naruto" Is pretty cool
I always thought "cowboy bebop" was great I loved the quotes (hint hint check for cowboy bebop quote in the Politics, and religion forum under my newest thread) One of my all time Favorites was "Dead Man Wonderland" which happend to be a disgusting ungodly sinful gore fest of a tv show. Another jewel of an anime was fruitsbasket. A quick favor does anyone know of a sort investigative show about some kids that were about 15 or 16 any way I remember the kids were some kind of different race or something and these guys went around hunting them I remember my favorite character happened to be a redheaded homicidal genuis with large very reflective glasses.He crafted overly complicated puzzles, riddles, and traps as if Jigsaw and Riddler had a baby and I know that there was alot of stuff about an iris if this sounds famaliar please tell because it was my favorite anime but I was so young when I watched it I cant remember much.

Posted May 20, '13 at 1:27am

TheGenovesan

TheGenovesan

66 posts

I've recently started watching attack on titan, which so far is an amazing anime and I've enjoyed every minute of it. I'd heavily recommend watching it but a word of warning, it's pretty dark and fairly violent, so not for people who can't handle a bit of gore.

Posted May 29, '13 at 8:29pm

clhkph

clhkph

119 posts

I watched more than 20 anime(/mes?) but I don't really have one favorite, but I really liked Tsubasa: Tokyo Revelations, which is an OVA/OAV
(i'm not sure what the difference is). You won't really get the story unless you watch the first one though.

Posted Dec 26, '13 at 7:38pm

sourwhatup2

sourwhatup2

3,255 posts

Well since I'm kind of back for the moment, might as well bring this back up.

After I left Ag I've still had some spare time to watch anime, though manga was kind of out of the picture since it's more time consuming. Anyways, currently I'm watching Fairy Tale which I always held back to watch. It's pretty good so far and I can't stop watching it.

Some other anime I'm watching are:
-Highschool DxD
-Code Geass
-Blue Exorcist (Trying to finish it up)
-Attack on Titan
-One Piece
-To Love-Ru
-Beelzebub
-Yu-Sibu (Just recently started watching)

I should really trying finish some of the shorter ones first I think.. But I like them all tbh.

Posted Dec 27, '13 at 7:02pm

Mr_Casas

Mr_Casas

65 posts

DEATHNOTE!!!!!

Posted Jan 4, '14 at 12:53am

delossantosj

delossantosj

5,311 posts

most of the ones people have said (code gaess, death note, FMAB, Attack on the Titans) are all my favorites as well.

currently though im throwing it back a bit with some Rurouni Kenshin, then maybe ill give Inuyasha another round.

I also recently watched a few older cyberpunk  80's themed anime movies. Akira and Ghost in the Shell are some of the greatest movies ive seen. does anyone else know of stuff similar to these?

Posted Jan 9, '14 at 2:40am

sourwhatup2

sourwhatup2

3,255 posts

then maybe ill give Inuyasha another round.

Man I gotta have a marathon of that... I really really love that anime.

Reply to Anime and Manga

You must be logged in to post a reply!