ForumsPopular MediaAnime and Manga

141 61526
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

I didn't really search cause I'm too lazy to see if this type of thread exists but what the hell..

Anyways, I really love anime and manga. Right now I'm watching a few currently.. My favorite one at the moment is One Piece though. I always laid it off to the side cause it never really caught my attention, until recently. Now I know why it has been going on for so long now.

Basically I made this for people who love anime and manga to discuss and talk about everything anime.

So anyways my favorite anime of all time would probably include a few; Bleach, Death Note, FMA: Brotherhood, H.O.T.D., etc.

I would add some older ones too but meh. Btw this isn't just to talk about your favorite anime or whatever, you can discuss about them too.

• 141 Replies
leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

It's kind of like, would you prefer to eat a crappy cupcake once a week, or get a really good cupcake every other week or so?

Bad analogy. Would you rather get a OK cupcake one week and then the next a really good cupcake? Or would you rather not eat the OK cupcake at all?

Because I'm watching this on the internet I would rather skip some of the fillers but usually if I'm really into a show I'd watch any fillers that need to happen.
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

Would you rather get a OK cupcake one week and then the next a really good cupcake? Or would you rather not eat the OK cupcake at all?

Except the fillers are very not OK. They're very often quite bad, or completely meaningless. Also, (like in Naruto) they don't have just one filler, they have 10 or so in a row. I would rather not have the fillers and just wait for the main story to continue when it can.

usually if I'm really into a show I'd watch any fillers that need to happen.

There are no fillers that "need to happen."
dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

Also, (like in Naruto) they don't have just one filler, they have 10 or so in a row. I would rather not have the fillers and just wait for the main story to continue when it can.

Naruto barely fits into a category with that low of a consecutive filler count. I will never forget the years that the filler chronicles went on. It had to have been close to a hundred of them before Jiraiya and Naruto finally left!
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Well I put One Piece on hold for a bit while I finished up SAO anime. I liked the light novel better. So I started getting back into One Piece again though I am reading some manga still :P

I really like reading some new manga and seeing some new anime. I got into reading Btooom!, Cage of Eden and Ao No Exorcist (Though I had already started this one, I put it on hold as well).

HUA7XFan122396
HUA7XFan122396
80 posts
Jester

Oh, sour, I watched all of Ao No Exorcist (Blue Exorcist) What a great show

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Yup. I know I watched the first few episodes of the anime. I want to get through the manga first though.

megacooper
megacooper
191 posts
Peasant

I like most anime, I always wanted to draw and never got around to do it. I just watched episodes of manga and anime & read books about it but never actually sat down and did a drawing... I'm gonna try

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

& read books / I just watched episodes of manga

Wut.. Lol. You read manga. .-. If you mean that you read novels then that too. I actually drew and wrote some manga when I was in 7th and 8th. I stopped after a while though.
megacooper
megacooper
191 posts
Peasant

Lol, sorry... I meant I read manga comics and books on drawing manga and stuff... sorry, Im having trouble with my brain today..

Randomness is the way forward

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

Gintama is showing new episodes. Don't know what that is? It's the best anime ever.

A couple of new animes I think everyone should check out: Blast of Tempest and Maoyu.

Blast of Tempest has a good story with nice plot twists, good characters (who admittedly seem to be too smart), and nice action.

Maoyu has just come out, only a few episodes so far. There is a war going on between demons and humans. The show seems to focus on the impact of war (with emphasis on economics). If that isn't your kind of thing, there is plenty of romance and comic relief.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

I might take a look at those. Though I already have a bunch bookmarked for me to start watching. Manga as well xD.

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

So, uh, any favorites Oh Ruler of anime?

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Well, I currently watched over 700 anime and read twice as much manga...I believe I passed the borders of an otaku and became a God.

You are funny.

So let's say you watched 700 anime completely. On average good anime lasts between 25-500 episodes, so let's just put it at 150. That would be approximately 105,000 episodes. Considering that each episode is somewhere in the range of 20 minutes, usually anyways. That would be 35000 hours. In a year there is approximately 8765 hours. That would mean you watched anime for about 4 years all together, but that would mean watching it every day for 24 hours straight, so it would probably be more like 8 years. If you read double the manga.. Man.. I'm not even going to get started on that one. Then again you could have watched 1 episode 1 different anime and there you go. Lol.

So, uh, any favorites Oh Ruler of anime?

Was going to ask the same question.
rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

On average good anime lasts between 25-500 episodes, so let's just put it at 150.

While 700 is likely an exaggeration, I'm going to have to disagree with this. There are plenty of anime that last for 12 episodes or so. A number of anime also last for two seasons, or about 25 episodes. However, you'll be hard-pressed to find a lot of anime that go beyond 50+ episodes. This is only reserved for the most popular of anime, like Naruto, One Piece, Detective Conan, etc. due to profitability. I can't think of a single anime that I've watched recently that has exceeded 26 episodes.
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

There are plenty of anime that last for 12 episodes or so. A number of anime also last for two seasons, or about 25 episodes. However, you'll be hard-pressed to find a lot of anime that go beyond 50+ episodes. This is only reserved for the most popular of anime, like Naruto, One Piece, Detective Conan, etc. due to profitability.

The benchmarks I've seen are usually this.

12 episodes.
26 episodes.
50 episodes
100 episodes.
150+ episodes.

I can't think of many anime that don't fall into those categories by a significant margin. In my experience, anime that is 12 to 26 episodes long are usually either good or bad, and are fast paced. Anime that are 50 episodes long are usually pretty good and have a decent pace.
100 episodes is usually some sort of adventure/action anime, and anything over that are the really popular ones.
Showing 76-90 of 141