ForumsForum GamesGround Zero (RPG/Tournament)

550 74784
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

I KNOW THIS MIGHT BE A LONG READ BUT ITâLL BE WORTH IT!

Before you get into this RPG, which I promise you will enjoy, I got the idea of making this from several stuff. The Hunger Games inspired me the most since I love the books and the movie was great. I also got a little inspiration from The Maze Runner. There are several things that made me want to do this, but it actually was out of the blue, not going to lieâ¦

Anyways please read the story if you wish to participate, I know it may not be the best but it will make this RPG way better than you think. I approve of any constructive feedback if possible (On my profile) and if you donât like something just tell me. Good Luck!

STORY: Set in the year 2063, humans have always been the same, greedy and egotistical as usual, but one thing that truly hasn't changed is their need for entertainment. With so much stuff that used to be entertaining a few decades back seized to be that exactly, humans didn't know what exactly to be entertained by anymore. Now television is full of tournaments and races involving real people in real danger more than ever before, this gives a sense of thrill and excitement in the viewers and this also means big bucks for producers and directors. These shows aren't the casual low set contests you see, they involve killing to survive and fighting to the death. It kind of brings back the times for coliseums and gladiators if you think about it. It just goes to show that humans will always be the same, so much blood lust and the need for entertainment.

This brings me to a very special tournament called, ââGROUND ZEROââ. This tournament is considered to be one of the best and most watched of this century. It consists of survival mostly, but itâs all twisted. With monsters, obstacles and with even the players having to fear each other it is one of the most intense and suspenseful tournaments of all time. It is located on an island, location which is unknown, which is covered by a dome. This cannot be seen by satellite because all governments have blocked off its view to the public. This dome is used to create the biomes inside of this tournament; the players have to go through weather changes that can be disastrous, even tornadoes have been seen in this tournament. They also have to go through different terrains such as deserts, glaciers, mountains, etc.

GETTING STARTED: [Big AD on TV and Billboards] Hello, I am Albern, your host for this yearâs Ground Zero! This year since we are choosing the USA to be part of it, I have come to New York to find enlistees! If you wish to sign up you must travel to the Big Apple and go to the ''Core'', only a handful will be picked to partake in this yearâs Ground Zero so be sure to be thorough with your application seeing as how we will only be picking who we think will be best for this year. Good luck and to all a prosperous journey!

RULES:

*YOU MUST READ ALL THE RULES

*3 or 5 Groups, each group has 2 players. (So it will be 10 players max, but anyone can apply)

*Players are selected by how well they construct their application.

*Players will be put in randomly into the teams.

*Players who have died can participate in the next tournament with a new name but they have less possibility of getting in.

*Anyone can sign up but only a handful will be chosen. (Please do not be mad if you are not picked, I can only handle a certain amount of people, please understand that. Plus I want this to feel like an actual tournament and there will be several more tournaments, this is just the first.)

*This RPG is special; it actually consists of a group winning. (Currently there is no prize, I was thinking maybe something you could put on your profile or something, Iâll think of something.)

*Once the flame is lit you must start. (Basically itâs when I start it and tell people what to do and how to start it off.)

*Only players that are in the same group can talk to each other, but everyone may address to me. Now, how you will talk to your partner is up to you, I suggest not through here though.

*If in any way I catch you cheating, you and you alone will be disqualified and sent to the pit, where you will die a painful and agonizing death. Please do not cheat it could put your partner in a bad position and could cause him his death as well.

*Only I decide what happens to the group and players. You cannot say anything that will be in your favor, for example you cannot say: ââI walked forward and I jumped the gapââ The right way of putting it would be: ââI walked forward and I attempt to jump the gap.ââ Also please donât be dull (lack of creativity) and you must use proper grammar, punctuation and spelling if you wish to get into the Core.

*Groups do not decide in groups on most situations, I will most likely almost always split you up, the only reason you are in groups is so you do not kill each other. Oh that's another thing it is illegal to kill your partner, if you even try to do it I will immediately send you to the pit.

*IMPORTANT: The application sheet is not the same as the sheet you use in the actual RPG. There is only some stuff you use and some stuff will be added to the Character Sheet. I will instruct everyone on what to put.

*IMPORTANT: Any criticism should be posted onto my profile comments not here, this is to avoid any confusion and to not cause such a mess in this thread so to keep it clean and neat.

APPLICATION:

*Name: (Please make up a name, be creative)

*Athletic Abilities: (You must choose 2 of these: Sprinter, Strength, Endurance, and Agile.) (This will basically be your only athletic abilities in the RPG. It will factor in on some situations.)

*Gender: (Male or Female, choose what you like, I hope itâs what you are in real life xD)

*Bio: (Basically your history before ââGround Zeroââ and why you wanted to enter. You may put what you wish here, just be realistic and remember to keep it in the time frame of the set year which is 2024. Do not put anything ridiculous or immature or you will not be accepted. You do not have to put anything here if you do not want to but you will have less chance of going to the Core. The more creative you are the better chance you have of getting into the Core.)

*Appearance: (This will not affect your possibility to enter but it adds to the story and gives a better image) [Eye Color] [Hair Color] [Skin Color] [Height] [Shape: I will pick your shape according to your athletic abilities so leave this blank.] (If you put anything ridiculous like green skin I will not let you participate.)

*Previous Contender: (If yes, which one, if no then just write no)
(Currently there are none since this is the first tournament, but there will be more. Just put no or your application could become null...)

ALMOST THERE:

All you have to do now is post the application, once I have a certain amount of people, which I will not say, I will close registration. Then I will announce when I will be starting and will message everyone on their profiles so they can get ready so please keep your comment section open, if you do not have it open I will not add you to the Core.

Please refrain from any immature and unrealistic stuff in your application cause that will result in you not being able to be put on the Core and possibly any future tournaments.

Last but not least, everyone have fun! I donât want complaining⦠Constructive criticism is fine but if it is anything but that I will send you to the pit and youâll die and be excluded from the rest of the tournament. Also, everyone will move as one, basically I mean that everyone has to enter their next move until I can give everyone the next order.

If this doesn't go well I probably wonât be making any other RPGâs so Iâll appreciate it if you guys try it out at least. Btw this is my second RPG ever so I need as much criticism possible, but only put criticism on my profile please.

• 550 Replies
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Well next time I'm writing this on the notepad.. Ignore that previous post. Let me update it again.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Right this is the real update, sorry.

~~~INFO TIME~~~

Nightwatchers are cyborg enemies who hunt players during the night. They will stop at nothing to eliminate you and give the frag to an opposing player of the said sponser controlling the cyborg.

--------------------------

*Name: Viet Anh
*Athletic Abilities: Agile,Strength
*HP: 64/100
*Hunger: 23/50
*Thirst: 7/10
*Items: Survival Knife, 4 Rations [10 Hunger Each], 2 Big water bottles [5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack, 2 uncooked fish,
*Weapons: Browning XXV 9mm Pistol 10/13 3 Full magazines.
*Gear: Extremely Light Full Body Armor [10% ND]
*TEAM: Predators

I go to the exit.

~You quickly run towards the closest exit. Trying to avoid gunshots or any other explosives. Your wound is still open and the plasma is eating away at it. You eventually reach the exit and sit against a rock. The sky seems to be changing color. A very darkish color, kind of gloomy looking. Night. You should probably find or create some shelter of some sort to stay safe from predators and nightwatchers. There are a few trees a few yeards away from you and some small mountain area about 2 or 3 miles away
[3 HP from open wound]

----------------------

*Name: Shadow White
*Athletic Abilities: Strength, Agile
*HP: 100/100
*Hunger: 50/50
*Items: Survival Knife, 3 Rations[10 Hunger Each], 2 Cooked fish, 1 med-pack. 1 Key.
*Weapons: Heavy Plasma Longsword [100% Charge] Tier 2, 3 Blazing Gas 'Nades
*Gear: Light Full body Armor [20% ND]
*TEAM: Blue

I open what I can, take what I can, and leave before the timer hit zero.

~You don't find much. You do notice a sort of small pistol.. You've never seen it before in your life.
*Unidentified Small Pistol
*1 Ration
You take it and head on out to an exit. You approach the exit and sit down to catch your breath. There are a lot of trees to your right, there is a small hill way over to the west, seems like a small bunker or something. The direct path just leads to what you think is desert. It's also starting to become dark and nightwatchers might come looking for you. You need to create or find some shelter soon.

---------------------------------

*Name: blue wing
*Athletic Abilities: agility, sprinter
*HP: 80/100
*Hunger: 37/50
*Items: Survival Knife, 3 Rations [10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle [5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack. 3 .45 Colt Speedloaders.
*Weapons: Anaconda Revolver XXV 6/6
*Gear: Light Chest Armor, Light Gloves. [10% ND]
*TEAM: Green

i will follow the trail of blood. i will be prepared in case he shoots me by mistake though so im ready to jump for cover

~You continue on with your head low. You approach what seems to be a bunker. You hear someone insideand a loud metalic sound, like someone swinging something metal against something else that is metal. You also notice someone in the distance close to the entrance of the cache, sitting.

-------------------------------

*Name: Ghalaghor
*Athletic Abilities: Strength, Endurance
*HP: 71/100
*Hunger: 29/50
*Items: Survival Knife, 3 Rations[10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle[5 Thirst Each], 2 Cooked Fish, 1 Painkillers, 1 Big Empty Water Bottle, 3 full Glock Magazines, Attachable stock for a pistol (attached to my glock).
*Weapons: Glock 35 Gen 8 .40 S&W 13/13, Push Dagger XV (T-Shaped Dagger), 2 Flash bangs
*Gear: Light Full Body Armor [20% ND]
*TEAM: 42 ALUE

i use one pain killer and my med-pack, then i try to get to kenji so we both can leave this place before the time runs out.

i try to get some treatment (medical help and some water and food) for kenji and me as soon as we got to the safe spot/place

~You swallow the painkiller and use the medpack. You instantly feel a lot better. You try and tell Kenji that you need to get out. You and him head for the nearest exit. As you get there you sit against a tree and try and catch your breath. You notice 2 of those robot horses behind you following you. The timer is still not all the way down but it's close. It's getting dark and you needed to find or create shelter so Nightwatchers and predators can't find you. There is a huge forest right behind you. Some mountains to the east of you.

------------------------

Name: Kenji
Athletic Abilities: Strength, Agile
HP: 67/100
Hunger: 49/50
Thirst: 7/10
Items: Survival Knife, 6 Rations[10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle[5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack
Weapons: ASP-50 'R1SK' Sniper Rifle. 5/5 [100% Charge] Tier 1, 'Blue Flames' Katana, 'Oceans Descent' Katana, 5 Popper 'Nades
Gear: Light Full Body Armor
TEAM: 42 ALUE

Some kind of shrapnel flashbang. Crap. Ghalaghor used a medpack so he'll be okay. I eat one ration (already adjusted my stats) and we head for the nearest exit.

~You and him head for the nearest exit. As you get there you sit against a tree and try and catch your breath. You notice 2 of those robot horses behind you following you. The timer is still not all the way down but it's close. It's getting dark and you needed to find or create shelter so Nightwatchers and predators can't find you. There is a huge forest right behind you. Some mountains to the east of you.

--------------------------

theEPICgameKING
*Name: Savell "The End" Valkerie
*HP: 97/100
*Thirst: 9/10
*Items: Survival Knife, 3 Rations [10 Hunger Each], knife, bandage, Flr89 Flask [5 Servings left, 3 Thirst Each]
*Weapons: 2 Handed Plasma Blade [100% Charge] TIER 5
*Gear: Medium Full Body Armor [34% ND]

oooh, a sniper rifle. Plasma reinforced chains? DARN IT. ...Wait a sec. I've got a TIER 5 two Handed Plasma Blade, at full charge! I can cut through anything with this! I attempt to slash the chains off with my sword, careful to not accidentally slash the gun in half.

~You take out your sword and with a full swing try and cut it. But nothing. You try again. Nothing. You try a few more times but with swift and quick cuts. Nothing. You decide to stop since there is no point anymore. Not even a crack on it. The chain is long enough to put the sniper on it's bipod on the window of the bunker though. Right before you do that you hear footsteps outside...

theEPICgameKING
theEPICgameKING
807 posts
Farmer

theEPICgameKING
*Thirst: 9/10
*Items: Survival Knife, 3 Rations [10 Hunger Each], knife, bandage, Flr89 Flask [5 Servings left, 3 Thirst Each]

...Well at least I can still use it. I would've preferred to carry it around, but oh well. I set up the sniper rifle and swivel it towards the footsteps. "THIS IS THE END! DONT MOVE OR I SNIPE YOU. HANDS UP SLOWLY . NOW. WHO ARE YOU?" I yell bravely. I wonder where my partner is. Maybe he followed me?

shadowgun453
shadowgun453
2,463 posts
Farmer

*Items: Survival Knife, 3 Rations[10 Hunger Each], 2 Cooked fish, 1 med-pack. 1 Key.
*Weapons: Heavy Plasma Longsword [100% Charge] Tier 2, 3 Blazing Gas 'Nades

I head for the bunker, that is as good a place to spend the night.

shadowgun453
shadowgun453
2,463 posts
Farmer

oops forgot the items

*Items:*1 Ration Survival Knife, 3 Rations[10 Hunger Each], 2 Cooked fish, 1 med-pack. 1 Key.
*Weapons:*Unidentified Small Pistol Heavy Plasma Longsword [100% Charge] Tier 2, 3 Blazing Gas 'Nades

I head for the bunker, that is as good a place to spend the night

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Was waiting for R2 to get back to me on what we should do next..but better do something before it is too late..

*Name: pang tzu
*Athletic Abilities: Strength and Endurance
*HP: 75/100
*Hunger: 42/50
*Thirst: 8/10
*Items: Survival Knife, 3 Rations [10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle [5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack
*Weapons: 4 Time âNades, 20 arrows
*TEAM: Dead Parents Squad

I motion to Tarran that we better start heading out of the arena

*If the tunnel leads to an exit..then we go that way. If it doesn't..or if it unknown on if it does or not..then we head towards an exit

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

*Items: Survival Knife, 3 Rations[10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle[5 Thirst Each], 2 Cooked Fish, 1 Painkillers, 1 Big Empty Water Bottle, 3 full Glock Magazines, Attachable stock for a pistol (attached to my glock).
*Weapons: Glock 35 Gen 8 .40 S&W 13/13, Push Dagger XV (T-Shaped Dagger), 2 Flash bangs

i follow kenji and climb on the nearest tree next to kenjis tree. i use my dagger to cut some twigs to collect them. i can use them as fire wood when we are down on the ground or i can make arrows out of them (i need a bow...), i get at least ten twigs or as many as i can carry. also, i create two wooden spears out of branches/large twigs for kenji and me.

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

Hmmmmm so intriging, I must get a reserved spot! I hope tat would not be a problem?

~ Epic person

sasukemystery
sasukemystery
1,447 posts
Nomad

*Items: Survival Knife, 4 Rations [10 Hunger Each], 2 Big water bottles [5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack, 2 uncooked fish,

I go to the biggest tree and climb up to where there is a comfortable place to sleep but before I sleep I will try to treat my wounds and make it better any way possible.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

*Items: Survival Knife, 3 Rations [10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle [5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack. 3 .45 Colt Speedloaders.

from afar i will check who they are (starting with the one that is the easiest to see)

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

@shadowgun453: You will have to wait til others post so I ca update yours n.n

@evilsweetblock: Sure! I will make sure to write you name down. But if I make the new Ground Zero and I message you and you are not responding, you will lose your spot in reservation.

----------------------

Name: Kenji
Athletic Abilities: Strength, Agile
HP: 67/100
Hunger: 33/50
Thirst: 6/10
Items: Survival Knife, 6 Rations[10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle[5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack
Weapons: ASP-50 'R1SK' Sniper Rifle. 5/5 [100% Charge] Tier 1, 'Blue Flames' Katana, 'Oceans Descent' Katana, 5 Popper 'Nades
Gear: Light Full Body Armor
TEAM: 42 ALUE

(Actually the horses just followed you, they aren't ging to kill you. xD)

I head for a large, thick tree, sling R1SK onto my back and climb about halfway up to rest on a thick limb, 15 feet up or so.

Close range, lots of shadows, twin supercharged katanas. This is my forest.

I have a great idea. I remove a popper grenade and place it in a fork in the limb farther out. Since popper 'nades are impact-detonate, it will fall from the limb if someone, or something, hits my tree and explodes when it hits the ground.

~You carefully place the popper grenade on a steady fork of the branch. You then lay back on another thick branch. You are in a pretty stealthy position. You don't see anyone coming towards the exit you went through though, but it's already dark and getting down would be suicide. The cold night wind passes over you and you get a cold shiver down your spine. You then notice something below. A nightwatcher. He seems to be alone but he is armed. He seems to have incredibly heavy armor on as well.
[16 Hunger] [1 Thirst]

---------------------

theEPICgameKING
*Hunger: 39/50

...Well at least I can still use it. I would've preferred to carry it around, but oh well. I set up the sniper rifle and swivel it towards the footsteps. "THIS IS THE END! DONT MOVE OR I SNIPE YOU. HANDS UP SLOWLY . NOW. WHO ARE YOU?" I yell bravely. I wonder where my partner is. Maybe he followed me?

~You become steady and wait for a reply. ''It's me Blue Wing! Don't shoot.'' You then open the door for him. He comes inside and tells you that there seems to be someone down over the hill near the exit of the cache.
[11 Hunger] [2 Thirst]

---------------------

from afar i will check who they are (starting with the one that is the easiest to see)

~As soon as you go to do that you hear someone. A distinct voice. You notice it's Savell and you tell him it's you. He opens the door and you tell him about the person down over the hill. You see a few crates here, maybe some supplies. Your revolver is too short distance to have an accurate shot of the guy so you let Savell handle it. You can stay here and search around or head on down to loot the guy after Savell kills him. It's becoming dark though and Nightwatchers could be nearby, but you're a pretty quick guy and should be able to escape if anything.

----------------------

*Name: pang tzu
*Athletic Abilities: Strength and Endurance
*HP: 75/100
*Hunger: 42/50
*Thirst: 8/10
*Items: Survival Knife, 3 Rations [10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle [5 Thirst Each], 1 med-pack
*Weapons: 4 Time âNades, 20 arrows
*TEAM: Dead Parents Squad

I motion to Tarran that we better start heading out of the arena

*If the tunnel leads to an exit..then we go that way. If it doesn't..or if it unknown on if it does or not..then we head towards an exit

~There is only about 2 minutes left. You realize you'll never make it out on time and decide to head down the tunnel with Tarren. It's your only hope anyways. You both head on down and there seems to be an immense room, but it's too dark to see anything.

---------------------

*Items: Survival Knife, 3 Rations[10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle[5 Thirst Each], 2 Cooked Fish, 1 Painkillers, 1 Big Empty Water Bottle, 3 full Glock Magazines, Attachable stock for a pistol (attached to my glock), 10 Twigs, 2 Wooden Spears.

i follow kenji and climb on the nearest tree next to kenjis tree. i use my dagger to cut some twigs to collect them. i can use them as fire wood when we are down on the ground or i can make arrows out of them (i need a bow...), i get at least ten twigs or as many as i can carry. also, i create two wooden spears out of branches/large twigs for kenji and me.

~You head up onto a thick branch on the tree. You get the twigs and make the spears. You notice Kenji single at you to be quiet and look down. There seems to be someone down below. A nightwatcher. He looks heavly armed and looks to have heavy armor on. He doesn't seem to have notice either of you yet.

(I suggest to make your next decision together before posting.)

-------------------------

I go to the biggest tree and climb up to where there is a comfortable place to sleep but before I sleep I will try to treat my wounds and make it better any way possible.

~You look around for some plants or something to clean the wound but there is nothing. There is a small pond near you so you clean out the wound with that and rip a small piece of your clothes off and wipe it down with that. You then take a bigger cloth and wrap it around your arm. It stopped bleeding. You head up a tree and find a thick branch to lay on. Before you are about to go to sleep you hear something. You quietly look down and notice someone down there. It's a nightwatcher. He only seems to have a sword of some type and no ranged weapons. He does have some thick armor though.

sasukemystery
sasukemystery
1,447 posts
Nomad

I take out my gun and shoot it at his head, if he's dead I loot him with whatever he's got.

theEPICgameKING
theEPICgameKING
807 posts
Farmer

theEPICgameKING
*Hunger: 39/50

Oh yay, my partner! I thought he was dead. Anyway, I swivel my sniper rifle to the cache and scan it until I see who blue wing was talking about, then snipe him. Twice. Aiming for the head.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I'm not able to copy and paste my sheet.

Tarren Ward: I follow pang.

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

*Items: Survival Knife, 3 Rations[10 Hunger Each], 1 Big water bottle[5 Thirst Each], 2 Cooked Fish, 1 Painkillers, 1 Big Empty Water Bottle, 3 full Glock Magazines, Attachable stock for a pistol (attached to my glock), 10 Twigs, 2 Wooden Spears.

ok, first, i try to get on kenjis tree (but only if i am near enough to do that without alarming the enemy) as silently as possible (but only when i am near enough so the enemy will not notice me). i try to figure a plan out with kenji after i got on his tree.

if that action would alarm the enemy, then i will stay where i am and try to show kenji my plan: i throw a flash bang, followed by 1 or 2 'nades from kenji, then we both use our guns to attack the enemy to distract him so the grenade/s have enough time to explode so we can get down to use our melee weapons or so that kenji get down to use his katanas while i cover him with my glock.

now i have to ait till he agrees...

Showing 301-315 of 550