Forums

ForumsForum Games

Riddles

Posted Jan 22, '13 at 12:01pm

Osumnis

Osumnis

325 posts

A man starts a coconut business. He buys coconuts for $5 each and sells them for $3 each. His business is very popular and, in a short time, he becomes a millionaire. How is this possible?

He buys coconuts from his business?

Posted Jan 22, '13 at 12:03pm

thaboss

thaboss

882 posts

Since he's losing money, he must have had more than a million dollars before starting the business. Then when he lost money he became a millionare.

Posted Jan 22, '13 at 12:03pm

vungi

vungi

258 posts

because he is millionaire already :)

Posted Jan 22, '13 at 12:10pm

BlazingZelda

BlazingZelda

884 posts

So we have three riddles to solve? please don't add another one until two of these riddles are solved.

You are an employer. You have to pay your employee 1/7 of a gold brick each day. The employee must be payed at the end of each day. What is the minimum amount of cuts you can make into a full gold brick to satisfy these conditions? (Please explain your answer)

I don't see what the problem is? you just cut it into 7 pieces. I don't get it...

two brothers watch eachohter eyes, never get together

please try to spell correctly and not be sloppy. It makes it seem like you don't speak English well, like your a kid, or that your always half asleep. what I'm guessing your saying is "two brothers watch each others eyes, they never get together to hang out."
hmm... so the brothers aren't real humans there objects?

And the last one is:
A man starts a coconut business. He buys coconuts for $5 each and sells them for $3 each. His business is very popular and, in a short time, he becomes a millionaire. How is this possible?
Is this a logic one or a word meaning one?

Posted Jan 22, '13 at 12:17pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

4,174 posts

Since he's losing money, he must have had more than a million dollars before starting the business. Then when he lost money he became a millionare.

thaboss got it right first. Originally it was "He was a billiionaire when he started" but that's kind of irrelevant.

How about the other two riddles here?

Gold bricks one: he cuts it four times. Diagonally twice (makes two, then makes four), then vertically (six), then horizontally (eight). Regarless of the shape (as long as it is all straight lines), if he cuts it evenly then he will get 8 pieces, like a pizza. He will just have eight very sharp triangles.

Posted Jan 22, '13 at 12:18pm

Osumnis

Osumnis

325 posts

I don't see what the problem is? you just cut it into 7 pieces. I don't get it...

What is the least amount of cuts you can make while satisfying the condition of paying him each day? It's not six or seven.

Posted Jan 22, '13 at 12:19pm

Osumnis

Osumnis

325 posts

Gold bricks one: he cuts it four times. Diagonally twice (makes two, then makes four), then vertically (six), then horizontally (eight). Regarless of the shape (as long as it is all straight lines), if he cuts it evenly then he will get 8 pieces, like a pizza. He will just have eight very sharp triangles.

Good idea, but you can do it with less cuts, and it does not have to do with the angle you cut it at.

Posted Jan 22, '13 at 12:20pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

4,174 posts

I just said four...

As for the brothers one, I still can't figure out what it means. "Two brothers watch each others eyes, never get together." That's not even a sentance. Do you mean they never touch each other?

Posted Jan 22, '13 at 12:21pm

BlazingZelda

BlazingZelda

884 posts

USE A CHEESE GRATER! It's technically one cut but it makes a TON OF PIECES MWHAHAHAHA!

Posted Jan 22, '13 at 12:22pm

vungi

vungi

258 posts

As for the brothers one, I still can't figure out what it means. "Two brothers watch each others eyes, never get together." That's not even a sentance. Do you mean they never touch each other?

something like that

Reply to Riddles

You must be logged in to post a reply!