ForumsForum GamesBrytenwalda (British Dark Ages RPG)

185 29806
loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

it's the 8th century AD, britain is in an upheaval, all the various tribes are warring with each other. the various tribes are in a near constant state of warring, and bands of thieves and brigands around and even Germanic pirates pillaging around the coasts. You can be anything really, a trader, a general, a brigand, but you have to work up to it.

Sheet:

Name: Irish, Breton, Roman, or Celtic works best
Trait: from the above, i make
Bio: at least 3 sentences
Perk: from above, i make
---------
Weapon: Short Seaxe
Armor: Cloak
Misc.: 5 items of your choice, no weapons or armor
---------
Health: 100/100
Armor Durability: 10/10
Condition: Fine
--------
Party:1/1
Troops: You
Morale: 100%
Condition: Eager

there, remember that i will place you depending on your bio, so specify where you originate please

• 185 Replies
dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

Hey, I might get into this, since it's a new one and it's harder to get into ongoing rpgs, but can you give a better description of what we're going to be getting into. I know you wanna keep it pretty general, but I wanna know a little more of what my character might be doing :P

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

Hey, I might get into this, since it's a new one and it's harder to get into ongoing rpgs, but can you give a better description of what we're going to be getting into. I know you wanna keep it pretty general, but I wanna know a little more of what my character might be doing :P

almost anything really, honestly, it's whatever your character will get into, trading, fighting, being a mercenary, brigand, a nobleman, etc.
dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

Sure, why not :P

Name: Pyrs Dunlap
Physical Desc.: Blonde, solidly built, scar under eye on left cheek
Trait: from the above, i make
Bio: Pyrs comes from a lower class Celtic family. During a raid of the Dunlap clan's village when he was 17, Pyrs got hit under the eye by the raider while he was protecting his sister, Toren. Toren, 16 at the time, was abducted by the raiders never to be seen again. Pyrs trained his body and mind to be better prepared, so that next time, no one would would come to harm when he was around.
Perk: from above, i make
---------
Misc.: Sketch of Toren done by Pyrs, Family Ring, Flask
---------
Health: 100/100
Armor Durability: 10/10
--------

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

Trait: Solid build: 10 extra HP
Bio: Pyrs comes from a lower class Celtic family. During a raid of the Dunlap clan's village when he was 17, Pyrs got hit under the eye by the raider while he was protecting his sister, Toren. Toren, 16 at the time, was abducted by the raiders never to be seen again. Pyrs trained his body and mind to be better prepared, so that next time, no one would would come to harm when he was around.
Perk: Mental/physical training: you gain a passive armor bonus of 20
---------
---------
Health: 110/110
Armor Durability: 30/30
--------

you are asleep in the southern british town of Cantwaraburh, of the Cantware tribe, you are in a sort of twilight early in the morning, when you awake to a blade rasping out of it's scabbard. you get up to hear footsteps coming up the stairs of your empty, multi-bedded room, the hearth is cold and you feel a chill run up your spine

dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

---------
---------
--------

I position my pillows on my bed, then pull the sheets over them. I then hide out in the dark corner near the doorway, waiting to see who might be making the mistake of ending their life. I control my breathing to remain as silent as possible, and grab my weapon, preparing to get the first strike if necessary.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

---------
Shillingas: 50
---------
--------

it's not really a bed with pillows, more like a haystack inside a burlap sack, either way, you do hide in the corner, and he walks into the room, slowly and steadily, staring directly at you, he doesn't seem to notice. he has a shortsword in his hand.

dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

---------
---------
--------

I tackle the man to the ground and grab his shortsword from him. Best not to kill someone who may be there to help me. I then ask who the man is.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

---------
---------
--------

You tackle him and he holds his ground, The man pushes you back and charges you, yelling some odd language

dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

---------
---------
--------

Seeing him charge, I decide to attack back, swinging my axe at his knees to cripple him.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

---------
---------
--------

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/61/Seax_with_replica.jpg

^ Seaxe

dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

Ahhh, should've googled that :P

---------
---------
--------

I see him charging at me, and decide it's time to fight back. I swing my seaxe into a reverse grip, then slash, aiming for the mans throat. I flip the seaxe back into a regular gripping, aiming for his chest, all the while attempting to parry any swings he throws at me.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

---------
---------
--------

his seeming lust just to get your blood is more important to him then defending himself, he gashes your forearm, but you stab him in the neck, he slumps onto the knife, choking on his own blood

dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

Not that I don't like having full health, but I didn't lose any from my forearm wound? That's cool if not :P

---------
---------
--------

I slowly leave the room, after making sure the man is full dead and gathering my necessary belongings. I check each consecutive room carefully, making sure no one else is waiting to strike. After this, I peek outside the building, and try to see outside.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

I would love to join this but I'm kind of busy atm xD. I'll put this on the backburner if you let me, and if I have time I'll join.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

---------
---------
Health: 100/110
Condition: Gash on right arm
--------

fixed

anywho, he's dead alright, anywho it's dark and empty, as you would expect it to be

Showing 1-15 of 185